+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel - Season 11

Re: Margaret Cho & Louise Van Amstel - Season 11

I threw a bunch of votes her way, just in case.

I like her subversive presence in the cast, it keeps things interesting and makes "liiiiiiive" TV more exciting.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Margaret takes over the slot of 'colorful ethnic comedienne' vacated by Niecy Nash. But whereas Niecy revealed herself to be all mouth off the dance floor yet all business on it, she was taking it way more seriously than I would have anticipated, and coupled with a fantastic teacher in Louis, she went very far, and looked gorgeous during all her dances.

Margaret is a very different story. She's got Niecy's clowning but lacks her class. This one will go soon, if it's not this week.

Louis is my favorite pro due to his diligent teaching and his gentle heart. I would like to see him with a mirror ball. He could have partnered well with Jennifer and had a shot at it, but Louis is not destined to play 'leading man' to our most promising females. No, he's stuck with resident Court Jester to Cast Clown Princess role.

Anyway, whatever he does, he's fun to watch. Alas, he will always have to elbow past Derek Hough for the most height-appropriate partners . . .and Derek will always get the good ones.

That was awful. That was Jeffrey Ross / Kenny Mayne / Adam Corolla esque. Go home. Now.

That routine was so horrible I wanted Margaret gone before it even ended, and I normally find her funny. I don't see how the judges could even score that, given that it was hard to tell if the screwups were real or planned. If they were planned, it should be a bit more obvious so we know what's going on.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Poor Louis!! I just noticed his name is misspelled as "Louise" on his own thread. Little dude can't get any respect!

If there was any fairness in the world or the casting, Louis would have gotten Jennifer Grey. They would have been adorable.

Re: Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel - Season 11

Louis is my favorite pro. I'll be sorry to see him go.
    I couldn't believe how awful Margaret Cho's performance was. I had been rooting for her.....
    Marti

The thing is, when she wasn't doing shtick or intentionally getting caught in her wings, her actual dancing wasn't that bad.

It seems like everyone gets one admonishment from the judges about "comedy" in their dancing before it becomes a fatal mistake. I hope she does a more traditional routine next week just to show them that she can do it. She's already shown that she can work with her pro and pick up the moves, now she just needs to settle down for a week and play nice.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I love Louis as well, however even if she doesn't leave this week she will not win-and I want my Louie to win one day, he's adorable!

I'm praying the LGBT community comes out in force and saves them from being eliminated. I believe that Cho is quite active in the community. That may be the push they need to keep them in to dance another day.

I'm guessing everyone has somewhat of a fan base that can drive this thing a little further for them, I'm just hoping that Mike S.'s fanbase were all too hung over to watch and vote on this show.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think Louis learned his lesson the hard way this week. I don't care one bit for Margaret and think giving her a 15 was waaay too kind. But I'd hate to think if going out first after that performance could blackball Louis for doing the show in the future. After Kelly and Niecy, I guess this will be Louis's type from now on. Too bad, he deserves better. Louis's not only one of the best teachers, but I think the best choreographer on here (one of them anyway). I can't even say that was a crowd pleasing performance last night, if that was his angle, but not the way to do it week 1. He had to have known the judges would hate it.

I agree that Louis did a good job with some of the celebs and he's certainly a good choreographer.
    He's not one of my favorites by a long stretch, though. Never has been.
    While I didn't like the end of the performance at all, I do think Margaret has more talent than Bristol and a lot of the others.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast