+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

How many of us have danced to this manís songs? Now itís his turn to tango!

Michael Bolton has sold more than 53 million records, released 18 studio albums, won multiple Grammys for Best Male Vocalist and countless other honors, all while selling out arenas worldwide. In 2002, the singer-songwriter earned a star on Hollywoodís Walk of Fame. He has sung with Luciano Pavarotti and Ray Charles, written songs with Bob Dylan, Ne-Yo and Lady Gaga, penned hits for a diverse range of artists including Barbra Streisand and KISS, played guitar with B.B. King and had his music recorded on a track by hip-hop superstar Kanye West (featuring megastar Jay-Z).

Earlier this year, Bolton released his latest album One World One Love featuring his current single, ďMurder My HeartĒ which he co-wrote with Lady Gaga and is currently on a worldwide concert tour.

Of all that he has accomplished, perhaps nothing is more important to Bolton than the foundation he founded in1993, The Michael Bolton Charities, Inc. Based in his home state of Connecticut, the major focus of The MBC is the critical issue of violence against women. Since its inception, The MBC has dispersed over $6 million in grants to various organizations that support children and women at risk of poverty, abuse, neglect, homelessness and domestic violence.

Re: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

Because my mother was SUCH an MB fan while I was growing up in the 90's (and is going to tune into the show to watch him this season) I'll be pulling for him. It doesn't hurt that Chelsie is cute as a button and seems sweet as pie!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't have an opinion on Michael as I'm not overly familar with anything he's done. I adore Chelsie and hope she has a good run. I know I won't be seeing her in the finals (again), and while I peg them as an early out, that could all change. I'm hoping we're in for a lot of pleasant surprises this season!

Who is John Galt?

Love his voice and his looks, and I hope he can move. But, Chelsie as his partner - what!

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;4059604;
    Love his voice and his looks, and I hope he can move. But, Chelsie as his partner - what!

Yes I agree - Lacey is much too young for him. I don't know what they were thinking with this pair....I hope they prove me wrong though I like Michael B.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4060269;
    Yes I agree - Lacey is much too young for him. I don't know what they were thinking with this pair....I hope they prove me wrong though I like Michael B.
    I think you mean Chelsie Another example of the show pairing the young female pros with people old enough to be their fathers, but giving the older women to Corky. I've seen some rehearsal clips of these two, and Michael seems really stiff. I think Ty Murray was Chelsie's tallest partner at 5'8"/5'9", so he's not too much taller. But I'm not expecting much However, Chelsie's a fantastic teacher and choreographer, so I won't count them out. She had improvement with Ty and Louie, and at least made Jake humble for the camera, even if it was a bad act. I feel like the show was going for the less obvious with Chelsie and Lacey's pairings, but maybe they figure Chelsie deserves someone who might be less free spirited after dealing with Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4060851;
    I think you mean Chelsie Another example of the show pairing the young female pros with people old enough to be their fathers, but giving the older women to Corky. I've seen some rehearsal clips of these two, and Michael seems really stiff. I think Ty Murray was Chelsie's tallest partner at 5'8"/5'9", so he's not too much taller. But I'm not expecting much However, Chelsie's a fantastic teacher and choreographer, so I won't count them out. She had improvement with Ty and Louie, and at least made Jake humble for the camera, even if it was a bad act. I feel like the show was going for the less obvious with Chelsie and Lacey's pairings, but maybe they figure Chelsie deserves someone who might be less free spirited after dealing with Jake.

Yep - thanks Karalott - Chelsie!

It's dancing, not a love match. I'll point to Fred Astaire dancing with Barrie Chase and Juliet Prowse when he was twice their age, or Mikail Baryshnikov paired with Zizi Jeanmaire when she was almost twice his age as examples. Astaire also danced for years with his sister, Adele, which I suppose some people would find strange.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I hate that I have to root for him now.

This pair was awful last night, in my opinion--just painful to watch. I expected much better, and hate that Chelsie got stuck with him, as I usually love her routines.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast