+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

Michael Bolton was rude to Chelsie and acted like a big baby about the Bruno thing. He should have taken the high road and made himself look like a gracious guy, but instead he came off looking like an ass. I am glad he is gone.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4072508;
    The more famous celebrities don't have time to do this show. Imagine someone like Brad Pitt taking time away from a movie to do this show - not gonna happen.

But I'd love to see bigger names that appear to be semi retired like Demi Moore.

Most of the folks who do this show are trying to jumpstart or re-ignite their careers. Gilles Marini definitely benefitted from his appearance, as have a lot of others from previous seasons.

Micheal Bolton isn't as relevant as he was 20 yrs ago, but he's still going strong, and apparently has a concert starting next week. Most likely he did the show knowing he wasnt' staying long and wanted to drum up ticket sales.
    In a pre-show article, Melanie Griffith was mentioned as being a celeb who's been trying to get on the show. I don't know if her career is as big as it was in the 80s and 90s, but I'd consider her a pretty big get. She's more well known and has more of a decent resume than the majority of people who've been on this show. I think they've gotten some pretty big gets, so to speak. A lot of these people were big back in the day. I'm glad we don't get too A-list, because Brad Pitt could turn out a jive like Michael's and still win because he's freaking Brad Pitt (personally, I've never seen it).

John O'Hurley said in a paparrazi video he encouraged Michael to do the show. Wonder if the friendship suffers John's DWTS days are an entirely different show than what we have now. He's even been a critic of the route its taken. Michael didn't seem to be happy this week, and I will say he did seem really surprised by being voted off. I'm still wondering whether it was planned because of his concert or not. I know Chelsie's taking hits for the choreography, but really, it couldn't have gotten much worse. It goes back to me wondering if they're told when to use props or if that's their call entirely. Maybe she figured, on paper at least, it'd add something fun and cute to what was obviously going to be a horrible routine. These two just didn't click. Maybe it was an age thing. I'm sure Michael went out like that, glad Bruno got exposed for being a little jerk, and wish Tom hadn't brought it up, because it really made it worse and awkward. He may have crossed the line, but obviously doesn't think he did.

Absolutely MG would be a great get - she was huge in the 80s and 90s and is still a star. In my mind, to be a star it's not necessary to have current projects. MB was huge back in the day, as was The Hoff - that was my point. I was responding to someone who wanted to see more current A list stars of today.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4073214;
    Absolutely MG would be a great get - she was huge in the 80s and 90s and is still a star. In my mind, to be a star it's not necessary to have current projects. MB was huge back in the day, as was The Hoff - that was my point. I was responding to someone who wanted to see more current A list stars of today.
    As a bonus, we'd possibly get to see Antonio Banderas in the audience each week, as well.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Michael is acting like a whiny little boy. Previous contestants on this show have endured Bruno's cutting remarks and shook them off. Master P, who I am sure will go down as one of the worst contestants of all time on this show, received the worst critiques I've ever heard, granted, he put almost zero effort into his performances, but he didn't whine and moan about the judges comments. I am surprised Michael is making such a big deal about Bruno's comments. Look, if the young kids on American Idol can take Simon's biting critiques in front of millions of people without making a stink out of it, than so should fifty (almost sixty) something year old Michale Bolton.

The way he's acting makes him look like a sore loser. I hope after all this nonesense that Bruno continues to be Bruno and continues to give the same critiques he always has.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I take it that Michael's mother never told him that he cannot dance! Shame on her....she should have! Child neglect!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;4072695;
    I know the performance shows are pre-recorded, although I don't know how long ahead. They could have pre-recorded his the day before, or early in the day Monday. I would have been workable if necessary.
    I guess we'll never know now.
    NO, the performance shows are live (at least the performance parts of them). The OTHER show used to do some of the performances earlier in the day so that they could splice in cuts to what the judges were referring to in their critique. But even they don't do that anymore.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4073155;
    In a pre-show article, Melanie Griffith was mentioned as being a celeb who's been trying to get on the show. I don't know if her career is as big as it was in the 80s and 90s, but I'd consider her a pretty big get.
    If Bruno would speak to her the way he did to Bolton, she'd end up back in rehab!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;4073332;
    Michael is acting like a whiny little boy. Previous contestants on this show have endured Bruno's cutting remarks and shook them off. Master P, who I am sure will go down as one of the worst contestants of all time on this show, received the worst critiques I've ever heard, granted, he put almost zero effort into his performances, but he didn't whine and moan about the judges comments. I am surprised Michael is making such a big deal about Bruno's comments. Look, if the young kids on American Idol can take Simon's biting critiques in front of millions of people without making a stink out of it, than so should fifty (almost sixty) something year old Michale Bolton.

The way he's acting makes him look like a sore loser. I hope after all this nonesense that Bruno continues to be Bruno and continues to give the same critiques he always has.

I think his initial reaction was valid - but taking it outside the scope of DWTS after he was booted is definitely sour grapes from a bruised ego. He clearly thought he had a solid fan base that would keep him in. Hoff thought the same thing....

time for him to cut it out and let.it.go.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4072867;
    I think both the performance shows and the results shows have always been live.
    I recall many contestants saying that the show being live adds to their nerves. I think Kyle Massey mentioned something last week, saying there were no retakes, or words to that effect.

I felt for Michael this week. I thought Chelsie's concept for the dance was ridiculous, but I don't rate her too highly as a choreographer at the best of times. Michael seemed very upset about the comments from Bruno and Bruna made maters worswe with his arrogant defence of his critique on results night.
    That whole segment was hard to watch, imo. I don't think CA was squirming for effect. It seemed like she was genuinely uncomfortable.
    Although I generally like Chelsie and think she does a good job with the choreography, her decision to ask a proud middle-aged man who was considered a major singing star and sex symbol 20 years ago to now crawl on his hands and knees like a dog was stupid and utterly tone deaf. Maybe it is due to the age difference that she didn't get this. I think, unlike Master P, who not only didn't try, but wouldn't even agree to wear the proper shoes because he wasn't willing to look foolish (in his mind), Michael allowed Chelsie to talk him into debasing himself solely to please the judges and fans, and yet got even further humiliated as a result. Getting voted off on top of everything else was probably the final straw for his pride and ego. I don't doubt that he may be arrogant and not a good sport who can laugh about himself in general, but at this point, he is too offended and wounded to let it go and be gracious.
    Last edited by ironcat; 09-30-2010 at 02:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread