+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

Re: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

I think the worst part was that Bruno was totally unrepentant on the show last night, thinking he was being persecuted unfairly. That just made it worse, obviously, the producers realized that it hit a nerve with the viewers and participants and were trying to make nice but Bruno was not having it and acted like a petulant two year old. But in an odd way, though I am totally on MB's side, he sort of looked a little bad too for not being more of a sport about it.

Why does Chelsie always get the men who are rude to her and question her ability because of her age? I think in every season we have seen a variation of this with some being worse than others (The Bachelor jerk, and now this guy). The way he acted towards Chelsie when she was simply trying to teach him didn't sit well with me and more than likely colored some of Bruno's comments.

Was Bruno out of line? He always is. However, I can't help but think that there was a bit more to that story than we know. They all seem to adore Chelsie and that may have played a part into the rude treatment. Or maybe I'm just making excuses for Bruno, lol.

I'm not sad to see him go. He clearly did not want to do this, was not comfortable doing this, and would have made Chelsie's life miserable. Now he can go and take care of that convenient scheduling conflict.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4072522;
    Why does Chelsie always get the men who are rude to her and question her ability because of her age? I think in every season we have seen a variation of this with some being worse than others (The Bachelor jerk, and now this guy). The way he acted towards Chelsie when she was simply trying to teach him didn't sit well with me and more than likely colored some of Bruno's comments.
    I've heard that he is like this with everyone, including fans. I don't like him & never will.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Michael & Chelsie's ouster was no surprise. With that low of a score and the lack of fan base, the writing was pretty much on the wall for that dancing duo. Furthermore, I am certainly not a fan of Michael so I'm glad he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;4072667;
    Michael & Chelsie's ouster was no surprise. With that low of a score and the lack of fan base,
    and the fact that he had a schedule concert halfway across the country this coming Monday at 7:30 pm Central.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4071928;
    Interesting.
    It's in Nebraska too, so and starts at 7pm, just as DWTS is finishing. I wonder how long it's been scheduled for.
    I can't imagine this is some hastily booked gig and assume he intends to cancel if he makes it through this week.
    I know the performance shows are pre-recorded, although I don't know how long ahead. They could have pre-recorded his the day before, or early in the day Monday. I would have been workable if necessary.
    I guess we'll never know now.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Michael danced like he had 2 butcher shop salamis hanging from his shoulders instead of arms, and like he just really didn't want to be there. I have no problem with what Bruno said. It is what it is. Michael was what he was. Mucho-lousy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I thought Michael did pretty well, considering he was recovering from laryngitis & all. And, NO WAY did he deserve Bruno's comments or a "3". Bruno, for whatever reason, was being a complete jerk.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;4072695;
    I know the performance shows are pre-recorded, although I don't know how long ahead. They could have pre-recorded his the day before, or early in the day Monday. I would have been workable if necessary.
    I guess we'll never know now.
    DWTS sent me an email invite late yesterday to attend.
    So, it was not pre recorded. It was live.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4072862;
    DWTS sent me an email invite late yesterday to attend.
    So, it was not pre recorded. It was live.
    I think both the performance shows and the results shows have always been live.
    I recall many contestants saying that the show being live adds to their nerves. I think Kyle Massey mentioned something last week, saying there were no retakes, or words to that effect.

I felt for Michael this week. I thought Chelsie's concept for the dance was ridiculous, but I don't rate her too highly as a choreographer at the best of times. Michael seemed very upset about the comments from Bruno and Bruno made matters worse with his arrogant defence of his critique on results night.
    That whole segment was hard to watch, imo. I don't think CA was squirming for effect. It seemed like she was genuinely uncomfortable.
    Last edited by fluff; 09-30-2010 at 03:00 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread