+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke - Season 11

I don't put much stock in Rick getting all 9s and 1 10, because either a celeb got that, or 1 9 and 3 8s, but nothing below a 7. I just didn't get that dance. Rick was only above Bristol, dance wise. The outfit alone was a trainwreck. They went a little too far I thought in trying to mimic banana man, but I'll give them a pass in case it was a producers call. I thought kissing Cheryl at the end was more attention getting and because Helio did it to Julianne. This dance was probably meant to give Rick high energy and a crowd pleasing performance. But it was a mess. I don't know if they're trying to make Rick out to be better than he is so the audience might believe it if he wins, or if they actually believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4096125;
    I don't put much stock in Rick getting all 9s and 1 10, because either a celeb got that, or 1 9 and 3 8s, but nothing below a 7. I just didn't get that dance. Rick was only above Bristol, dance wise. The outfit alone was a trainwreck. They went a little too far I thought in trying to mimic banana man, but I'll give them a pass in case it was a producers call. I thought kissing Cheryl at the end was more attention getting and because Helio did it to Julianne. This dance was probably meant to give Rick high energy and a crowd pleasing performance. But it was a mess. I don't know if they're trying to make Rick out to be better than he is so the audience might believe it if he wins, or if they actually believe that.
    I thought I was crazy in thinking it was a train wreck. Thanks for the validation. For some reason, the judges really like Rick. I don't get it! Their dance in no way came close to being as good as Helio and Julianne's.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Speaking of that kiss, that was borderline creepy. Helio planted one on Julianne (and then dropped her ) but Rick's was a little too much. I guess the Green Giants twin will live to clomp again. Rick's a weak dancer, and I can't even believe they'd call that his best dance. But I guess at this point they don't really have a choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456