+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke - Season 11

Re: Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke - Season 11

While Rick seems like a nice guy and Cheryl has been pretty unoffensive this season, PLEASE don't have him take his shirt off again. Goodness knows I love seeing some gorgeous male abs as much as the next post-menopausal woman and maybe it was just me, but it appeared he had some serious man-boobs going on that made the whole thing very uncomfortable. Not sexy in the least.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

As a non-sports fan, I'd never heard of Rick Fox before this season, so I googled him. There were lots of places online indicating that he gave his (now-ex) wife, Vanessa Williams, an STD. So I'm having trouble seeing him as a "nice guy." Even if the STD rumor isn't true, there are LOTS of rumors about his wandering ways. Not "nice guy" behavior.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4078300;
    As a non-sports fan, I'd never heard of Rick Fox before this season, so I googled him. There were lots of places online indicating that he gave his (now-ex) wife, Vanessa Williams, an STD. So I'm having trouble seeing him as a "nice guy." Even if the STD rumor isn't true, there are LOTS of rumors about his wandering ways. Not "nice guy" behavior.
    Ouch, AZ. All I knew about him was that he was involved in sports and his behavior on the show. An std? YIKES.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'd never heard the STD rumor but I had heard Rick got around. I wasn't even aware he was dating Eliza, just that he and Vanessa had split.

I am enjoying Rick much more than I expected but I agree nana, he can keep his shirt buttoned up while on the dance floor. Between that and his creepy plastered on smile during the dances, it takes the focus off the dancing (and obviously not in a good way )

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4078300;
    I doubt it. He dated quite a few well-known women _ Tyra Banks who introduced him to Vanessa Williams. Elisa Dushku is a 'step down' ... but I think he had enough of women like his 'exes'. Anyway, if he has it, and this 'issue' angered Vanessa why did she occassionally sleep with him after the split (she said this to Howard Stern)? Doesn't make sense! And BTW, it was Rick who filed for divorce.

Judging by some comments in the episode thread, I wasn't alone in missing Gilles, King of the AT, tonight. Now that was an AT, and a dance Cheryl could be proud of.

It seemed like Cheryl did most of the dancing tonight, and that there were a lot of lifts to compensate. Sometimes I wonder if the pros go lift happy just to shove it in CA's face that they can get away with it (I would) Cheryl's choreography has been pretty dull this season, but maybe it's a smart move not to give Rick anything that'll really make him stick out like a sore thumb. I enjoyed their VW, but their jive was a lot of fast paced, high energy music and hectic moving around. Same with their samba. I'm liking Cheryl more this season, but something about Rick is falling flat for me. I didn't think he did the best job tonight, probably one of his weaker dances so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;4078795;
    I doubt it. He dated quite a few well-known women _ Tyra Banks who introduced him to Vanessa Williams. Elisa Dushku is a 'step down' ... but I think he had enough of women like his 'exes'. Anyway, if he has it, and this 'issue' angered Vanessa why did she occassionally sleep with him after the split (she said this to Howard Stern)? Doesn't make sense! And BTW, it was Rick who filed for divorce.
    I'm not sure how Eliza is a step down, other than in height.

She's a beautiful woman who has had a successful career and, as far as I know, still has a development deal for more series with FOX beyond The Dollhouse.

As for Rick, I'll be interested to see how long he stays in. He's just good enough (and better than I expected him to be), but there's nothing about his dancing that really wows me. Before the season started, though, there were Vegas odds-makers that had him as their favorite. I'm assuming that changed after they saw Jennifer dance.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 10-14-2010 at 10:40 PM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I'd love to see Eliza do the show next season. If she's contracted with FOX, I'm not sure if she could, but that's what fantasy lists are for

Jennifer's been the odds on favorite since pre-season, I believe, but everyone else keeps getting jumbled around (except Florence and Bristol, they remain with the worst odds at winning). Audrina's currently behind Jennifer, and really, she's the only one that comes out and wows me every week. There's something different with her in each dance. Rick I didn't expect to like, but I am enjoying. However, much like I feel with Kyle and the rest of the group, there's really nothing new to his dancing and style every week. It appears Cheryl is dumbing down the choreography to what she knows he can do without looking clunky (smart move if that's really what's going on). So far, no dance of his has been nearly as bad as I was expecting. But I'm starting to get bored with him. He seems like a nice guy who's enjoying the experience and really working on doing well, so I'll give him credit there. He and Cheryl seem to really get along well, but I noticed the height difference a lot this week more than I had previously. I do think that will hinder them down the road. Rick's probably good for a few more rounds, but once the field gets smaller, it'll probably come down to who's fanbase is bigger.

They're dancing the foxtrot this week to the HillStreet Blues theme I think I read.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-15-2010 at 12:30 AM.

I think I read they will be on The Talk tomorrow. Nice exposure. The show isn't bad. I watched it once and liked it.

I went to the taping of the Talk yesterday and he/Cheryl were both on.
    I was sitting in front row and they changed my seat with Eliza while they did the segment with Rick and Cheryl. I think it was because Eliza was so close to Rick ( 2nd row right next to them) and they needed to move her away for that portion, at least. Eliza seems to be at every show he does. I guess she's trying to keep a tight rein on him. LOL. She was definitely shooting daggers in the audience.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 10-22-2010 at 03:15 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast