+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff - Season 11

I've only seens bits and pieces of JS. From what I've seen Mike seems less offensive than Snooki and a few of the others, but I still think he (and the rest of the cast) are egotistical and self absorbed into thinking they're the hottest thing on this planet that'll never die down. I do admit he seems less like a sleazeball on here and more like he's trying to give a different side of him, which I respect, along with his effort in wanting to do well. What I don't like, and why I want him gone, is the fact that the show's going overboard to keep him in. No way would Margaret, Kurt, or Florence have gotten that score if they did that foxtrot. Mike's the worst dancer left, and if the fans are keeping him in, fine. It's the behind the scenes that I don't like.

I really don't like how the judges seem to invent their own scoring scale each season.
    They rarely seem to take the difficulty of the choreography into consideration and someone like Audrina, who comes out of the gate dancing well gets dinged for any mistakes, but someone like Sitch will get a six as long as he doesn't fall over.

I think he did make an effort this week, but by no stretch was his dancing worth the score they gave him, imo.
    I don't like what seems to have become the obvious policy to pad the scores of people that TPTB think are ratings winners.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4078479;
    I really don't like how the judges seem to invent their own scoring scale each season.
    They rarely seem to take the difficulty of the choreography into consideration and someone like Audrina, who comes out of the gate dancing well gets dinged for any mistakes, but someone like Sitch will get a six as long as he doesn't fall over.

I think he did make an effort this week, but by no stretch was his dancing worth the score they gave him, imo.
    I don't like what seems to have become the obvious policy to pad the scores of people that TPTB think are ratings winners.
    I've felt for a long time it's been couples at different levels. This couple will get scored the way they should, but someone equally as bad or worse gets treated differently because of their age/ratings potential/choreography, even if it's a lot of flash, booty shaking, and whatever the heck it was Mike was doing. They have the AT this week, so it's going to be interesting for Mike to move. That dance has a lot of technical footwork, but I'm sure Karina will put in a lot of lifts, posing, and probably a dramatic mood (which those two can easily pull off) which will probably lead to more overscoring and praising. It's unfortuante that some others are being judged more harshly because they aren't Mike or Bristol. It'll get really old if those two outlast the better dancers, which is everyone left but Florence.

I sort of think this is the one time that Karina doesn't have a "love" interest with her partner and it's fun to see her in a different role. She is actually very nurturing toward him and it's kind of sweet. I hope he sticks around for awhile, he's very different and entertaining. For the same reason I'd like to see Bristol stay longer just because it's different seeing someone who is different, not someone who is almost professional but not, then it's sort of like watching the pros but just not as good. I hope Situation, Kyle and Bristol stay around awhile. It's funny but they are my favorites to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4078655;
    I sort of think this is the one time that Karina doesn't have a "love" interest with her partner and it's fun to see her in a different role. She is actually very nurturing toward him and it's kind of sweet. I hope he sticks around for awhile, he's very different and entertaining. For the same reason I'd like to see Bristol stay longer just because it's different seeing someone who is different, not someone who is almost professional but not, then it's sort of like watching the pros but just not as good. I hope Situation, Kyle and Bristol stay around awhile. It's funny but they are my favorites to watch.
    Bristol has been the refreshing surprise of the season. Surprising because of her unexpected poise and that she has exceeded expectations with her dancing. The Sitch comes across as less of a tool than I would have expected; I think Bristol is a better dancer and should stay over him, but it comes down to the personality factor--he's got it and she doesn't . . .at least, he's got a more memorable personality for television. I think Bristol must have plenty of personality and a fair amount of self-confidence in private life and she just doesn't come across as personable on TV.

I"m rooting for Kurt to win, but I would be happy if Bristol gets a run of a few more weeks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4078080;
    I actually disliked him before he started DWTS's. Now, I'm kind of liking him. Can he dance? No. Will he improve? Most likely not. However, he really seems to have a good work ethic and puts in the time and effort. He just doesn't have any natural ability, but it's not for lack of trying. I do think his feet hinder him quite a bit. But all in all, I like how seriously he seems to be taking this. And Karina (can't stand her) but she seems to be having fun with it this time around.
    I haven't been watching much, but I saw an interview with the football player who is on the show. He said that going into the show, he thought he wouldn't like Mike, but he has grown to really like him.

He said he's just a young guy working hard to take advantage of the opportunities that are coming his way as a result of being on the Jersey Shore show. He also said he is a really good and genuine person.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-07-2010 at 12:09 AM.

I didn't realize The Situation was 28 and Pauly D was already 30. I thought both were much younger. There is charisma there but the dancing isn't good.
    Last edited by ChelsieFan; 10-07-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4078765;
    I didn't realize The Situation was 28 and Pauly D was already 30. I thought both were much younger. There is charisma there but the dancing isn't good.
    Maybe it's a liable thing, but I'm surprised those people are that old, for an MTV show anyway. I figured MTV would go for the just-there legal drinking age types. I think I'm even more depressed that that show is so popular with them being 30 and/or close to it Besides Snooki and now Mike, I still couldn't tell you who Pauly D is or who any of the others are. How the heck do they get their nicknames anyway? I heard Mike's had something to do with his abs

Bristol has been the refreshing surprise of the season. Surprising because of her unexpected poise and that she has exceeded expectations with her dancing. The Sitch comes across as less of a tool than I would have expected; I think Bristol is a better dancer and should stay over him, but it comes down to the personality factor--he's got it and she doesn't . . .at least, he's got a more memorable personality for television. I think Bristol must have plenty of personality and a fair amount of self-confidence in private life and she just doesn't come across as personable on TV.

I"m rooting for Kurt to win, but I would be happy if Bristol gets a run of a few more weeks.
    Could just be their different backgrounds. Mike's a party from sun up 'til sun down and get some in between, where Bristol's more uptight, conservative, a politicians daughter, and a spokesperson for abstinence. She's keeping that reserved persona about her, though part of me is seeing a party girl who totally wants to let loose. Like Mike, Bristol may want to distance herself from her family and try to be remembered on this show for being her, not just a Palin. Mike probably doesn't really care what happens to him out there. I can see where Bristol would. Personally, I'm hoping Mike goes next. Florence isn't my favorite and I won't miss Corky, but I'm feeling sentimental towards her after last week. Mike, I just don't like, and while I've certainly rooted from some of the clunkiest dancers to ever set foot on this stage, they didn't have the judges propping them up when they did as bad as he did. I wouldn't mind Bristol going then after those two. I'd be quite content with that final 6 of Audrina, Rick, Kurt, Brandy, Kyle (too bad Lacey's in there), and I wouldn't miss Jennifer/Derek but they'll be there. And I'd rather see them than Mike or Bristol (namely Mark) in the final 6.

I think the Argentine Tango will be Mike's downfall next week. He will have to take the lead and really act in that dance, and he just doesn't have the ability.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4078082;
    I would love for him to mature a little bit from the show, and see if he can make it in Hollywood minus the cheesy antics.
    Why would anyone want to see him without the antics? I mean its just about his only distinguishing characteristic.

His "fame" is dependent entirely on that shtick. He HAS no other skills.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast