+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff - Season 11

Re: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff - Season 11

I don't watch Jersey Shore, but of course I know who he is. I actually think he will do well, and he has a large fanbase.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dance wise, I don't think he's going to do so hot, but he might surprise me. And if he sticks around awhile, might improve. Where he might lose people is the JS attitude he brings with him, and constantly flashing his abs. Maks is known to go shirtless on this show-it's basically a rule, law, and his trademark. People not familar with Mike are just going to think he's being sleazy and a wise guy. The show can't guarantee that the JS viewers will turn into ratings, or that they'll even vote. It's obviously a lot easier to vote on this show vs Idol, because you're limited in votes, and you don't have to wait until the end. Personally, I'm still betting on Michael going first. I've heard the least about him all season. Mike's one of the "big gets" for the show, so he'll probably make it at least as far as Steve-O, if not a little farther. I bet he'll be gone by the half way mark if I'm lucky.

Lot's of hoopla over "The Situation" but I didn't know who he was before this DWTS season -- based on his reputation, I am sure I will get to know him quickly. My real attention will be focused on Karina and Maks since we have them both back on the show -- there will be plenty of electricity on the dance floor tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;4065065;
    Lot's of hoopla over "The Situation" but I didn't know who he was before this DWTS season -- based on his reputation, I am sure I will get to know him quickly. My real attention will be focused on Karina and Maks since we have them both back on the show -- there will be plenty of electricity on the dance floor tonight!
    Not to mention Maks has openly dissed JS and it's contestants. Maybe that's the real reason Karina got Mike I don't like Karina, but hopefully it's not awkward for either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4065090;
    Not to mention Maks has openly dissed JS and it's contestants. Maybe that's the real reason Karina got Mike I don't like Karina, but hopefully it's not awkward for either of them.
    I don't think this will be a boring season! The after show interviews will be worth watching -- they will tell us how they really feel!

I don't think Mike will get the boot tomorrow, sadly, but seeing his ego get wiped down a little was priceless. CA and the 'that's too 80s', Len with his 'you have the guns but do you have the ammunition', and Bruno calling him a jackass was one of the few times I've loved those judges all at once.

I don't care if he had 5 days or 5 months, I don't think he would have been good. He shouldn't get a pass because he only had 5 days, and knew that coming in. Everything about this guy is sleazy and self absorbed.

His strength is a plus in that he can execute lifts and other moves where he throws Karina around. So he will be able to ake it look likehe's leading It remains to be seen if he actually connects with his partner and has any footwork to speak of.

I'm "meh" over him being there.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

The best line of the night was Len's comeback to this turkey's smugness.
    "You may have the guns, but you haven't got any ammunition"
    That one had me rolling. It even busted up the old sourpuss, Karina.

I honestly do not like either person - Mike nor Karina. I would be thrilled to see them go tonight but I know that won't happen.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Good Lord, is "The Situation" ever para-toed (sp?)...wow! For a minute there I thought he was going to stumble right on his face.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast