+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

My attitude in terms of Ali and Roberto is this: Just because other "non-stars" were cast, doesn't mean they should cast even more "non-stars." IMO, people from The Bach and B'ette have utterly no business on this show, unless it's an emergency last minute sub, like Melissa was. That I can understand. So, count me as one who's thrilled not to have to endure an Ali-Roberto-Bachelorette infomercial. And I say that as someone who likes Roberto and doesn't mind Ali.

Unrelated, but I think Chelsie is in fact paired with Michael Bolton. Her Twitter page talked about going to Louisiana for the weekend. Michael was there for a concert. Meh. Not sure what I think of this, but at least she didn't get saddled with "The Situation" and all his ridiculous glory.

WTF? Where is the hot guy this season? And where are the "Stars"?

The only 2 I have some hope for are Jennifer Grey & Brandy..

I love Kurt Warner. I remember an interview with him talking about meeting his wife at a dance & her telling him she had 2 kids, was divorced & one of her children was handicapped. He showed up at her place the next day with flowers wanting to meet her kids. Things were not all roses for them when they married, he worked in a supermarket & her parents were killed in some kind of hurricane. They now have a bunch of kids & are very devoted to their family. He won the super bowl with the Rams & is a 2 time MVP. This guy is a dream man & I hope he goes far.

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7;4052299;
    I love Kurt Warner. I remember an interview with him talking about meeting his wife at a dance & her telling him she had 2 kids, was divorced & one of her children was handicapped. He showed up at her place the next day with flowers wanting to meet her kids. Things were not all roses for them when they married, he worked in a supermarket & her parents were killed in some kind of hurricane. They now have a bunch of kids & are very devoted to their family. He won the super bowl with the Rams & is a 2 time MVP. This guy is a dream man & I hope he goes far.
    I just love him too! I really hope he does well.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Some of you might remember the article a few seasons back where producer Conrad Green was interviewed somewhat in length in which he talked about his "interest in people with stories." I don't remember if he particularly said he was interested in "controversial stories", but in the case of entertainment tv, it wouldn't be too far out of reason to be considered, in my opinion.

The point I wish to make here is that this would explain the (seemingly) odd hiring of Bristol Palin - who seems like a sweet young girl to me, but one who really hasn't been on TV much even in a reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052273;
    I could buy a Florence/Louis pairing (right height and age bracket, if that means anything to the show). But I saw the list on wikipedia and think someone made it up. They have Chelsie/Rick paired together. He's 6'6", she's 5'2". She wouldn't even come up to his waist in heels. Brandy and Mark were also paired, and she's taller than him. They had Audrina/Derek together, which would make me happy, but I think they're both 5'7", so that's pushing it when you add heels on her. The Hoff, Kurt, and Rick are all 6'2" and above, and The Situation and Michael are 5'10". I think the tallest partner Chelsie ever had was Jake, who was 5'9" (or maybe it was Ty). Kyle seems like her fit. I guess he'd size up to Anna. Cheryl, Kym, and Karina would be too tall. I won't be surprised if they get the over 6 foot guys, while Lacey and Anna get The Situation and Michael.

And I refuse to vote for Kurt if he winds up for Lacey. I can't stand her or her attitude, so no matter how much I love him, I don't want to see her do well, let alone win.

I thought there was a story a few days ago that said Corky was coming back to dance with Florence. I apologize if this has already been discussed - has this been debunked?

FORT Fogey

Given this bunch, Brandy's going to win. That's it. I'm done. I just hope she's not partnered with Derek or Mark because another pro deserves to win this time. Maks would be nice. So would Tony, but I don't see them giving Brandy to him. I don't think the female pros have a chance, unless somebody like Rick turns out to be a surprise and a delight like Emmitt Smith was. The Hoff and Michael Bolton are both smarmy, and I hope they're gone early.

While I think most of these "stars" would be better suited to the new game show BAGGAGE then they are to DANCING WITH THE STARS, I am prepared to give them all the opportunity to show me that they can dance or are willing to try to learn. I don't really care who wins, I just want to be entertained and to see the best dancer win...not the most popular person.

The one I feel most sorry for is Bristol Palin - true she is not a "star" but she shouldn't have to carry the backlash for her mother's personality either. I say give the girl a chance to stand on her own merits.

There could be some interesting rivallary between AMERICA'S GOT TALENT judge rejects Brandy and David. It might be fun to watch.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Not really excited about the "Stars." This seems to be getting more and more of a stretch. I don't have anything against Bristol Palin, but how can you call her a star? None of the cast makes me want to watch except, perhaps, Jennifer Grey.
    There have been seasons in the past where, even though I might not be familiar with some of the competitors, I grew to like and to root for them as time went on. For example, Kelly Osborne. What really stinks is that the pros include some of my very least favorites so I feel hard pressed to root for anyone they're paired with. If they throw Corky in there, I'm basically DONE.
    I had really been looking forward to this and I hope the season ends up being better than I anticipate, but I'm not optimistic.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4052263;
    I know some may disagree, but I think they missed the boat not asking Ali & Roberto to be on. i think it would have been good for the show and brought something to it. The negative ocntroversial reality stars will damage show more than a cute, competitive, newly engaged couple. Plus, they would up the sex appeal factor. There's not much on the current cast. The men you got situation. Rick Fox is great but, he's getting up there and gray. Maybe Kurt Warner. On the women side all you've got is audrina and maybe Brandy. I'd say Ali & Roberto would've been stars of this cast. JMO

AMEN to that! I was hoping for Ali or Roberto. Kurt Warner is the only one (I recognize) who is kind of hot. I won't mind seeing David H. though. Although I don't have high hopes for his dancing skills. Maybe will be surprised.

+ Reply to Thread