+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052192;
    Edyta recently tweeted that she is done with the show, but said it was nothing about a disagreement with producers, just that she wants to pursue other things in life.
    Twitter is not the whole universe. She talked to TMZ and specifically mentioned a problem with the producers.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Is it wrong that after seeing the announcement of the cast (most of whom are unfamiliar to me) that I am actually longing for Ali and Roberto to be a surprise add on? I know, that's pretty pathetic.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4052240;
    Twitter is not the whole universe. She talked to TMZ and specifically mentioned a problem with the producers.
    She said they misquoted her (which makes me wonder why talk to a gossip rag like TMZ in the first place). Of course, what celeb doesn't claim they're misquoted I'm thinking the truth is probably in between but if she was on, and the dropped out so Lacey had to fill in, it doesn't sound like she had the intention of moving on with her life just yet. Unless they went ahead and cast her without asking if she was up for it. Either way, doesn't sound like we'll be seeing Edyta for a long time, if ever again, especially if she did have a falling out with producers. She hasn't said anything until now about not wanting to return, even though she's hinted for awhile at least she wanted kids and would probably be taking time off to do that. And she's mentioned before she's wanted to continue school. Regardless of who did what or what the story is, I'll still miss her

Personally, I'm glad no one from TB franchise is on. Having 4 reality stars plus whatever category Bristol falls into would be too much nothingness. The Situation and Audrina make up that quota enough on their own. And Bristol, because I don't think being a politicians kid, having one acting credit to your name, and being a random spokesperson because you got knocked up qualifies as celebrity.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-31-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4052241;
    Is it wrong that after seeing the announcement of the cast (most of whom are unfamiliar to me) that I am actually longing for Ali and Roberto to be a surprise add on? I know, that's pretty pathetic.
    Oh, Maybaybie ... you are SOOOOOOOOO correct. All the younger group are questionable-talent reality personnel (no, I can't call them "reality stars", as that would implicate they were "stars").

The older group are actually those who have talent -- singers, actors, actresses, athletes (w/championship rings).

I will start watching AFTER the Sitch and the Palin are GONE!!!!!!!!

That can't be too soon.
    Last edited by hotlanta babe; 08-31-2010 at 02:02 AM.

I second that notion, kara! I'm very happy that no Bachelor/ette cast-offs have been included in this cast. And dare I say, I think they've got a pretty good cast on their hands.

I mean, it's not a very well-liked cast, but it seems that everyone in this thread knew who everyone was (minus Kyle Massey, who at least fits into the "Disney Channel" role that the show usually has). They actually have quite a couple of celebrities that fit in the usual DwtS "roles": Bristol is the controversial pick, Kurt (and I guess Rick, but he's known for acting also) are the athletes, the Situation and Audrina are the reality stars (a new trend in the DwtS, it seems), Kyle is the Disney star (as mentioned before), etc.

Speaking of Kyle, I'm actually surprised he's on. His show (which was horrible) was canceled, and he hasn't been associated with the DC for quite some time. But his connections with Disney are what most likely got him on the show, so I don't know. And I wonder if this decreases the chance of Raven ever going on the show, since her former co-star got cast. I've always wanted to see her on the show, but I have no clue if she was ever interested or not.

My early favorite is Brandy. She's past her prime, but she was definitely a huge star back then. Scandal aside, I think she's definitely in it for the long run. Give her to someone who hasn't won yet though, ABC!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4052241;

I know some may disagree, but I think they missed the boat not asking Ali & Roberto to be on. i think it would have been good for the show and brought something to it. The negative ocntroversial reality stars will damage show more than a cute, competitive, newly engaged couple. Plus, they would up the sex appeal factor. There's not much on the current cast. The men you got situation. Rick Fox is great but, he's getting up there and gray. Maybe Kurt Warner. On the women side all you've got is audrina and maybe Brandy. I'd say Ali & Roberto would've been stars of this cast. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4052262;
    I second that notion, kara! I'm very happy that no Bachelor/ette cast-offs have been included in this cast. And dare I say, I think they've got a pretty good cast on their hands.

I mean, it's not a very well-liked cast, but it seems that everyone in this thread knew who everyone was (minus Kyle Massey, who at least fits into the "Disney Channel" role that the show usually has). They actually have quite a couple of celebrities that fit in the usual DwtS "roles": Bristol is the controversial pick, Kurt (and I guess Rick, but he's known for acting also) are the athletes, the Situation and Audrina are the reality stars (a new trend in the DwtS, it seems), Kyle is the Disney star (as mentioned before), etc.

Speaking of Kyle, I'm actually surprised he's on. His show (which was horrible) was canceled, and he hasn't been associated with the DC for quite some time. But his connections with Disney are what most likely got him on the show, so I don't know. And I wonder if this decreases the chance of Raven ever going on the show, since her former co-star got cast. I've always wanted to see her on the show, but I have no clue if she was ever interested or not.

My early favorite is Brandy. She's past her prime, but she was definitely a huge star back then. Scandal aside, I think she's definitely in it for the long run. Give her to someone who hasn't won yet though, ABC!
    I can't believe that scandal would hurt Brandy. She's got my vote. I'm a fan of hers from way back, to her first album and Moesha days, and have wanted to see her on this show for a long time. She and Kurt get my votes, and I may throw some David's way. I was hoping we wouldn't get an NFL star for a change, but if we had to, Kurt's a great choice and I look forward to watching him. It's obviously hard to pick a winner until we see how everyone does (and how the judges/show treats them) but he and Brandy are my two front runners. I'm glad they trickled back into the NBA casting pool, even if I know nothing about Rick Fox.

If ABC is intent on casting people from it's sister network, why can't they take some big named celebrity under contract with their shows and make them appear? Anyway, as the cast was coming out, I was thinking 'no surprised, already spoiled, yawn' and when I saw Kyle it was a 'huh' reaction. Didn't see that one coming. We've had 3 90210 alumni, 2 members from N'Sync, and 2 Osmonds, so I doubt Kyle being on would hurt anyone else's chances from that show. Raevan's a definite ringer, though. My niece watched her show, and the one on Disney that didn't make me want to change the channel was The Suite Life. Too bad they couldn't get the twins from there (who I remember only from Big Daddy-do I feel old).

It is the usual mix of characters, and hard to tell where it's going to go until the show gets under way. While Jennifer Gray already has a lot of fans, I'm just not one of them. I'm already thinking she'll be the nostalgic golden child, along with the golden partner. I loved Dirty Dancing, but Patrick Swayze could have danced with a sack of potatoes and I wouldn't have noticed. Right now, I can't say I'm looking forward to the cast. Maybe that'll change, as it has in the past for me, once the show gets going. But I loathe the Situation, despite never watching JS. I don't like Margaret Cho. Florence I love as Mrs. Brady but think she might either be annoying or painful to watch. Audrina I know nothing about, and while I know Michael Bolton, I'm not a fan. So basically there's just 3 members of the cast, out of 12, that I'm really looking forward to seeing. The show has to pretend it's the best thing ever, but I guess media leaks will tell how things are really going.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz;4052209;
    I know wikipedia can't be trusted (especially since they still have Edyta as a pro this season) but I am PRAYING that there is no truth to Louis being paired with Florence
    I could buy a Florence/Louis pairing (right height and age bracket, if that means anything to the show). But I saw the list on wikipedia and think someone made it up. They have Chelsie/Rick paired together. He's 6'6", she's 5'2". She wouldn't even come up to his waist in heels. Brandy and Mark were also paired, and she's taller than him. They had Audrina/Derek together, which would make me happy, but I think they're both 5'7", so that's pushing it when you add heels on her. The Hoff, Kurt, and Rick are all 6'2" and above, and The Situation and Michael are 5'10". I think the tallest partner Chelsie ever had was Jake, who was 5'9" (or maybe it was Ty). Kyle seems like her fit. I guess he'd size up to Anna. Cheryl, Kym, and Karina would be too tall. I won't be surprised if they get the over 6 foot guys, while Lacey and Anna get The Situation and Michael.

And I refuse to vote for Kurt if he winds up for Lacey. I can't stand her or her attitude, so no matter how much I love him, I don't want to see her do well, let alone win.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-31-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4052263;
    I know some may disagree, but I think they missed the boat not asking Ali & Roberto to be on. i think it would have been good for the show and brought something to it. The negative ocntroversial reality stars will damage show more than a cute, competitive, newly engaged couple. Plus, they would up the sex appeal factor. There's not much on the current cast. The men you got situation. Rick Fox is great but, he's getting up there and gray. Maybe Kurt Warner. On the women side all you've got is audrina and maybe Brandy. I'd say Ali & Roberto would've been stars of this cast. JMO

Good point...very little sex appeal in this cast! Ali and/or Roberto would have been more interesting, sexier and talented dancers than half this crew.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052270;
    I loved Dirty Dancing, but Patrick Swayze could have danced with a sack of potatoes and I wouldn't have noticed.
    ditto

+ Reply to Thread