+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4052151;
    I Wiki'd Rick Fox, and I still have no idea where he came from. Canadian actor/basketball player? Mmmmmkay...
    He played for the Lakers for quite some time and he was married to Vanessa Williams. He now dates Eliza Dushku. He's also very pretty. Blonde Anna would probably be a good match for him because is is really tall.

At this point, I don't have a favorite to root for, although I love Margaret Cho. It'll be interesting to see how Jennifer Grey does. I've always liked her.

I want Bristol and the Situation (this is the name of an adult?) gone first. They're the worst kind of fame whores - they don't have any redeeming value or skill....unless getting pregnant and looking like an Oompah Loompah on steroids is a skill. At least Audrina is beautiful and seems to be able to form complete sentences.

Happy there are no Bach franchise peeps.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'll miss Edyta, but figured it was becoming a matter of time. It makes me wonder how much longer some of the other pros will continue. They don't seem ready to throw in the towel, but in the off season the majority have other things they work on (give or take a few). Maks is always busy with some sort of production he's working on, Tony teaches a lot, Jonathan and Anna travel and teach and perform at various functions (and they may want to have kids at some point). I know Derek and Mark still have their music, though I'm not sure what the status is. Julianne will likely never be back as a pro. Kym's been doing some infomercials. I just hope it wasn't a disagreement and her own choice to leave with the show's blessing that she'll always have a place if she wants to return. I just wish they had gotten someone else besides Lacey to return.

ETA: just realized no one from TB/ette/BP is on. Good, now I don't have to worry every time the show announces the cast during that series that someone will pop up from it. I wouldn't know Kyle or Rick if I passed them on the street and dislike anyone from Jersey Shore. Michael Bolton I'm meh on. Margaret annoys the crap out of me but she's pretty recognizable, so will probably be around awhile. Florence I'm already cringing for and hope she doesn't look ready to break a hip. Jennifer I'm okay with, but meh. Bristol-well, I have nothing against her. She got the opportunity so why not. I just don't like the polarizing nature that comes with her, and am disappointed this is what qualifies as a star nowadays. But other than that, am content with her as long as she's judged fairly. Brandy I'm all for, and Audrina I have no knowledge of but thank God she's not Heidi. I'm wondering if Kyle was a last minute sign up, because it seems odd every name was spoiled but his.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-31-2010 at 12:14 AM.

FORT Newbie

I know wikipedia can't be trusted (especially since they still have Edyta as a pro this season) but I am PRAYING that there is no truth to Louis being paired with Florence

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I'll watch for Kurt Warner. He's an amazing athlete, husband, father and human being. I'm a super fan!!! I hope he can dance, just a little bit.

Go Kurt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052158;
    You know it's a bad cast when I'm rooting for the guy I've never heard of over the rest.
    I'm still waiting to see the "big name" we were supposed to get, according to Mrs. Rycroft Strickland!

Bored with this cast. It won't be a priority with me this time. My daughter's excited about seeing Audrina and The Situation.

I just thought of this - we're going to have to see Snookie smiling in the audience!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

FORT Fogey

I realize they have to get "stars" who aren't busy being actual stars, because then they wouldn't have time to practice, but this season hits a new low. At least in the past, several of the stars were actual full-time working celebrities with a strong following. There's no one I really want to see, except maybe the first show to see if Jennifer can still dance. I can already hear Bruno critiquing The Situation by taunting him with the word situation whenever possible: "You may be The Situation, but that situation you just did on the dance floor was not a cha-cha-cha."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4052185;
    Kurt Warner retired last season as the Cardinals' quarterback. From everything I've read about him, he is a family man and a class act.
    He is a complete gentleman. He and Brenda, his wife, still maintain a home here in St. Louis and are very active in his various charities here.

Kurt is a true "Cinderella story" for the NFL.

I think the fact that he has played for St. Louis, New York and Arizona, plus being well respected across the league, will bring him tons of votes.

He is about the only one I am excited about this season.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052186;
    I think I question more if the show may tamper with the results to keep her in. She could be a VFTW candidate because she's polarizing, and it'll make it better if she can't dance. I also think because of voting blocs for Sara Evans and Tom Delay that allegedly existed. Funny that both quit/dropped out. Anyway, Sarah Palin is huge, so that might translate into Bristol being kept around regardless of how scared she looks or how bad she might dance. I think she's a nice enough girl, but always seems nervous in interviews or media events. She didn't look anymore confident tonight.

Was tonight's "press conference" really one? It seemed like such a waste of time.
    Sarah is huge, I guess, but I chuckled tonight when Bristol confirmed that she would be in the audience and only about 2 people in the audience clapped.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hadn't thought about anything relating to The Situation coming up-I was already dreading hearing 'nobody puts baby in a corner' and how many times we'll here 'I'm Hoffed Off' or 'nobody hassles the Hoff'. But you're right, there will probably be Situation name references along with stupid JS comments slipped in.

I read an article with the casting producer where she called this her dream team. She compared it to an oddball jigsaw puzzle, that everyone has your part, and that the intent is you'll going in rooting for one person but end up loving someone else. Or a very lively dinner party. They haven't seen how the cast will do yet, they only have their personalities on paper. She said they'd been going after David and Jennifer for a long time. I'm thinking Jennifer's going to get an easy pass, regardless of how she dances. If she's paired with the golden child, she'll really get a pass. I feel like there's the controversial (the Situation, Bristol), the alleged funny (David, Margaret), the dramatic, the fan favorite sweethearts (Florence, Kurt), and the rest that are just filler for nothing. Brandy fits up there somewhere, just not sure where, and of course there will be the token celebs the producers force down our throats.

Anna T. said on twitter that they aren't supposed to reveal who their partners are or if they're even on. Guess ABC was trying to keep what they could of their cast under wraps (hey, you sprung Kyle Massey on us), they're in the dark that most of the pros have either said they aren't on, or hinted that they were (and in Lacey's case, came right out and said it).

Tia, the applause didn't seem overly strong for anyone. I noticed Audrina got a smattering of it. I wonder if they were as peeved as the viewer that they showed up for that.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-31-2010 at 01:32 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052235;
    I hadn't thought about anything relating to The Situation coming up
    I predict that he'll be most excited about unlimited access to the spray tanner.

+ Reply to Thread