+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

I predict the Jersey Shore fans will keep Mike in, and he probably CAN dance (or will be easy to teach).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76;4052168;
    Edyta is not coming back? Who are the pros that are confirmed?
    Edyta reportedly quit due to disagreements with the producers. She claims they want her involved with the show too much and don't give her husband Alec respect or involvement with the show enough. Whether that's true or after 10 seasons found out she had someone who would made Ashley Hamilton look graceful, she might have told them where they could stick their mirrorball. I'll miss her

The pros that are back, supposedly, are: Derek, Mark, Corky, Maks, Tony, Louis (none of them have said they weren't, Derek, Mark, Maks, and Tony all hinted or confirmed they were), and for the girls Lacey (originally out, but back in, probably due to Edyta's departure), Cheryl, Chelsie, Kym, Anna, and Karina.

Most of that is speculation. Lacey officially confirmed herself, Kym and Karina both mentioned they had good news and/or were extremely excited about an upcoming venture. Anna hasn't said she wouldn't return, along with Cheryl, and Chelsie told a reporter last week she'd be back. The men's tweets were similar in nature, or confirmed by the media. I'm thinking the pairings will go something like this:

Audrina: Tony (following each other on twitter, would match height wise)
    Brandy: Maks (would match because of height, otherwise he's with Audrina, also have personalities that might clash, which makes for good TV)
    Florence: Corky (rumored via TMZ)
    Jennifer: Derek (following each other on twitter)
    Bristol: Mark (age and height, so process of elimination)
    Margaret: Louis (see Mark)

I'm more iffy on the men, but my guesses are:

Kyle: Chelsie
    The Situation: Lacey/Karina
    Michael: Lacey/Karina/Anna
    Rick: Kym/Cheryl (he's following Cheryl on twitter, but matches Kym's height better)
    David: Kym/Cheryl/Anna/Karina
    Kurt: hope to God it's Anna or Kym, thinking it could be based on height, maybe Cheryl or Karina

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4052175;
    So sez TMZ...

Edyta -- 'Dancing' Stomped on My Career Plans | TMZ.com

I don't get this. Who do you think will be voting for her?

I mean I guess that huge block of Sarah Palin super-conservative boosters may in theory be there, but in practice I wonder how many of them are likely to watch the show and then vote. Plus, all of her tabloid drama might put even those folks off, the whole abstinence hypocrisy angle.
    Thanks; if she is under contract, they will probably stick her with the worst, probably The Situation. I wonder who will get Kurt, that is a lock to go far in this competition. NFL players and Olympians always fare well. I hope Karina doesn't get him; I could see it now Maks if he gets Brandy and Karina if she gets Kurt in the finals. They need something to boost the ratings of what has the makings to be a questionable season. When do the pairings get announced?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4052172;
    Okay first off, Edyta quit?? That SUCKS!

Next, I know I'm in the major minority, and I know I'm going to get flamed. But, out of the ladies I only like Audrina & Bristol! Neither of them have ever annoyed me. I think Bristol gets a lot of flack she doesn't deserve. Sure, she's not a "star". But neither are a LOT of the people who've done this show. She's probably just looking to get a dig in at her ex, and he's such a slime ball I for one hope she does a really, really good job of it.

Brandy? Annoying. Jennifer? I think she's with Derek, so annoying. Florence? Annoying. Margaret? Annoying.

Men: My mom was always a huge Michael Bolton fan, so I'll be rooting for him. I have no idea who this Kyle guy is, so I hope he'll be fun. Hasselhoff? Ew. Situation? Ew. Kurt Warner and Rick Fox? Don't know much about them, will have to judge them when the show starts.

All in all, maybe we can be entertained...that's the point of the show, right?
    Kurt Warner retired last season as the Cardinals' quarterback. From everything I've read about him, he is a family man and a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4052175;
    So sez TMZ...

Edyta -- 'Dancing' Stomped on My Career Plans | TMZ.com

I don't get this. Who do you think will be voting for her?

I mean I guess that huge block of Sarah Palin super-conservative boosters may in theory be there for Bristol, but in practice I wonder how many of them are likely to watch the show and then vote. Plus, all of her tabloid drama might put even those folks off, then there's the whole abstinence hypocrisy angle.
    I think I question more if the show may tamper with the results to keep her in. She could be a VFTW candidate because she's polarizing, and it'll make it better if she can't dance. I also think because of voting blocs for Sara Evans and Tom Delay that allegedly existed. Funny that both quit/dropped out. Anyway, Sarah Palin is huge, so that might translate into Bristol being kept around regardless of how scared she looks or how bad she might dance. I think she's a nice enough girl, but always seems nervous in interviews or media events. She didn't look anymore confident tonight.

Was tonight's "press conference" really one? It seemed like such a waste of time.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-30-2010 at 10:27 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052182;
    Edyta reportedly quit due to disagreements with the producers. She claims they want her involved with the show too much and don't give her husband Alec respect or involvement with the show enough. Whether that's true or after 10 seasons found out she had someone who would made Ashley Hamilton look graceful, she might have told them where they could stick their mirrorball. I'll miss her

The pros that are back, supposedly, are: Derek, Mark, Corky, Maks, Tony, Louis (none of them have said they weren't, Derek, Mark, Maks, and Tony all hinted or confirmed they were), and for the girls Lacey (originally out, but back in, probably due to Edyta's departure), Cheryl, Chelsie, Kym, Anna, and Karina.

Most of that is speculation. Lacey officially confirmed herself, Kym and Karina both mentioned they had good news and/or were extremely excited about an upcoming venture. Anna hasn't said she wouldn't return, along with Cheryl, and Chelsie told a reporter last week she'd be back. The men's tweets were similar in nature, or confirmed by the media. I'm thinking the pairings will go something like this:

Brandy: Maks (would match because of height, otherwise he's with Audrina, also have personalities that might clash, which makes for good TV)

Rick: Kym/Cheryl (he's following Cheryl on twitter, but matches Kym's height better)
    Kurt: hope to God it's Anna or Kym, thinking it could be based on height, maybe Cheryl or Karina
    I hope Kurt gets Anna or Kym. Maybe because Kym already had a NFL player, then Anna? I would love that pairing; please not Karina.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052182;

I agree with Bristol/Mark and Kyle/Chelsie(whom I'll be rooting for!).....the others are all toss ups really..but I think it'll be Karina with The Situation, which could actually turn out pretty funny!

I hope Kurt goes to Kym! Nice little humble pair!

As for the females, I really don't care because I don't see myself rooting for any of them...Brandy maybe, but she rubs me the wrong way sometimes with how she acts.

Go Kyle and Kurt! And possibly Rick!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Kym and Anna have each had 1 football player each. Cheryl's had two, whereas Karina and Lacey have had none. That's why I'm worried one of them gets Kurt. I'd prefer Karina. I can't imagine who'd mesh with The Situation. He's short, so height wise he could fit Chelsie, but Kyle seems more a Chelsie partner. I hope I'm right. The Situation, I read somewhere, was partnered with Karina, but don't know if it's true. The guys are more a toss. We've got some tall ones in the mix, and I don't think any of the female pros are above 5'10". Maybe we have new pros joining, but the ones who weren't doing it confirmed it

Rick seems really tall for Cheryl, but it's not like the show wouldn't pair them together.

Edyta recently tweeted that she is done with the show, but said it was nothing about a disagreement with producers, just that she wants to pursue other things in life. She's going to college and we know she wants to have kids in the very near future. I'd love to at least see her back for some results show. I hope she doesn't get blackballed. Same with Alec. Why did they have to bring Lacey on?

Many times I've been disappointed with the cast on paper but turned out loving the season. Hoping it happens this time. Only ones in the group I dislike are The Situation (I guess that's it). The others I just don't have any interest in, except Kurt, David, and Brandy. I love Florence but she'll probably go the way of every other older contestant cast.

Oh well, there goes my favorite show. There's not one "star" that I care about. Maybe next season.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052192;
    Kym and Anna have each had 1 football player each. Cheryl's had two, whereas Karina and Lacey have had none. That's why I'm worried one of them gets Kurt. I'd prefer Karina. I can't imagine who'd mesh with The Situation. He's short, so height wise he could fit Chelsie, but Kyle seems more a Chelsie partner. I hope I'm right. The Situation, I read somewhere, was partnered with Karina, but don't know if it's true. The guys are more a toss. We've got some tall ones in the mix, and I don't think any of the female pros are above 5'10". Maybe we have new pros joining, but the ones who weren't doing it confirmed it

Rick seems really tall for Cheryl, but it's not like the show wouldn't pair them together.

Edyta recently tweeted that she is done with the show, but said it was nothing about a disagreement with producers, just that she wants to pursue other things in life. She's going to college and we know she wants to have kids in the very near future. I'd love to at least see her back for some results show. I hope she doesn't get blackballed. Same with Alec. Why did they have to bring Lacey on?

Many times I've been disappointed with the cast on paper but turned out loving the season. Hoping it happens this time. Only ones in the group I dislike are The Situation (I guess that's it). The others I just don't have any interest in, except Kurt, David, and Brandy. I love Florence but she'll probably go the way of every other older contestant cast.
    I am glad that Edyta left to pursue other opportunities and start a family. I could see either Lacey or Karina with The Situation. OK, the Tony/Audrina pairing reminds me of him and Melissa Rycroft Strickland. Is it just me?

+ Reply to Thread