+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

I'm surprised at how much support there is for Bristol on the ABC site.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4056872;
    I'm surprised at how much support there is for Bristol on the ABC site.
    I'm not. Her mom has a vocal fan base.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4056876;
    I'm not. Her mom has a vocal fan base.
    The Tea Party loves to vote. Bristol may be around for a while!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4057201;
    The Tea Party loves to vote. Bristol may be around for a while!
    I'm going to be ticked off if she's a clunker and stays around too long while better dancers are eliminated, similar to Kate Gosselin. I do hope there are at least a few pleasant surprises this season in terms of dance ability, because right now it looks like Brandy all the way, and it's more fun to watch when the winner isn't obvious from the get-go. I'd be happy for Maks, though.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm not sure where the best place is to put week 1 dances, but we have the VW and Cha Cha. Personally, I wish they'd change it up and maybe start with something different, but whatever.

For the VW, we have (these were all confirmed either in interviews or via twitter):
    Brandy/Maks (according to Maks's new TV Guide blog, they have the jive next week)
    Jennifer/Derek
    Margaret/Louis
    Rick/Cheryl
    Kurt/Anna
    Michael/Chelsie

So though I've seen no official confirmation from any cha cha couples, that would leave:

David/Kym
    Mike/Karina
    Kyle/Lacey
    Florence/Corky
    Bristol/Mark
    Audrina/Tony

I guess I wasn't just imagining that they'd save the biggest personalities and most trainwreck worthy performances for the cha cha and the celebs the judges want to swoon over for the VW.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-10-2010 at 03:52 AM.

I don't know about this cast. I think I will watch the first couple of shows and withhold judgment till then. Right now? I'm disgusted that the unholy trio once again get the ringers and the ones that are pretty much guaranteed to be fan favorites.

And...DWTS with no Edyta? Hmm....it's not DWTS for me and I'm really sort of ticked off about her not being there. I'm hoping that Kym, Louis, Chelsie, Lacey, and Anna being there makes it palatable although the people they got assigned doesn't look very promising.

Corky? I loathe this man so much, I will be fast forwarding through anything that shows his disgusting mugging face.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;4055300;
    Why does Derek get all the good partners? Can't figure this one out. He must have some kind of an in with those who decide the pair-ups. Personally, I am getting sick of seeing him win. He is a good choreographer, but so are the other guys.
    What? Contestants Jennifer's age are never able to really keep up on this show, and get votes based mostly on fan base. And she certainly isn't going to be up for any of Derek's usual high energy routines with a lot of tricks that come aftwer the middle of the season. Even on "Dirty Dancing" she wasn't the one known for the great dancing, it was everyone else, (although I really didn't like the movie itself very much)

I'm actually just glad that I recognize all but 3 of the "stars" this time rather than the other way around which is usually the case.
    Last edited by queenb; 09-10-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4058269;
    What? Contestants Jennifer's age are never able to really keep up on this show, and get votes based mostly on fan base. And she certainly isn't going to be up for any of Derek's usual high energy routines with a lot of tricks that come aftwer the middle of the season. Even on "Dirty Dancing" she wasn't the one known for the great dancing, it was everyone else, (although I really didn't like the movie itself very much)

I'm actually just glad that I recognize all but 3 of the "stars" this time rather than the other way around which is usually the case.
    I have to agree with you on all points but one....Donnie Osmond, age short a month or two of 52 won one season, so it conceivably could be done again. However, Donnie won with Kym whose style is totally different from Derek's. Jennifer certainly does not look 50, but nevertheless her body is 50 just the same. Unless Derek tones the routines down some, I would think the 50 year old Jennifer would have trouble performing them at the same rate that his younger partners have in the past.

+ Reply to Thread