+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

FORT Newbie

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Totally agree with you MFWalkoff. Was Debi left so early and will miss Margaret when she's gone. Will not, however, miss lying snot BP when she's kicked off.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4055122;
    Margaret Cho is an abrasive comic, and her routines are mostly R-rated to say the least, but I've loved her since her legendary failed sitcom in the 90s. The stories she's told in her stand-up about dealing with the network (ABC, heh) and their idiotic ideas about presenting Asians on television are classic. I'll root for her like I did Debi Mazar. I know she will leave early, but I'll have fun watching her while she's there.
    I'm not sure Margaret will leave too early. It's hard to say, but she is well known, and while there's the side that dislikes her (that'd be me), she also has a strong fanbase that will probably keep her in. If Louis could get Niecy as far as he did, Margaret could go pretty far. Assuming she can dance somewhat decently (not that that always matters), and doesn't get too annoying with any schtick (of course with Niecy...) I think Michael or Kyle may go first. Even if the others resemble Kate on the dance floor, I think they've got a fanbase to get through a few rounds. Lacey/Kyle just look odd together. Michael, I guess he could have a bigger fanbase. Who knows, but I think it's going to be a disaster dance wise the first week.

I actually thought Debi would have done better than she did, but she really didn't do herself any favors. Looking at this cast, I see where ABC was going. With Debi, I think they expected her to be the outspoken, clash with Maks, loud and opinonated actress she'd become famous for. She barely showed it in rehearsals. Still, I wish that cast hadn't been so big. I think a lot of people got screwed by it.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-05-2010 at 04:14 PM.

I agree about Derek, he's gotten so many good partners. While others, like Jonathan, rarely get a good partner.

I'm really going to miss Edyta.

I really hope Audrina will be a good dancer. I would love to see Tony go far!

Who is John Galt?

Why does Derek get all the good partners? Can't figure this one out. He must have some kind of an in with those who decide the pair-ups. Personally, I am getting sick of seeing him win. He is a good choreographer, but so are the other guys.

FORT Fogey

Margaret Cho was on Chelsea Lately a few weeks ago, and I had never heard of her prior to that, and I thought she came across genuinely funny and humble. I will see what she is like her before making an opinion, but I am open to giving her a chance.

Where is Edyta , she is my all time favorite.

Situation and Palin give me a break this is scraping the bottom of the barrell big time.

I like Margaret Cho, so at this point I guess she's the one I'll be rooting for.

Saw Bristol Palin on Leno and I have to say that she is utterly charmless. But, considering her heritage, that isn't at all surprising.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

It is all about Rick Fox for me I was so excited when he was announced during the Bachelor Pad. The only other Laker player that I would probably love to eventually see on the show is Derek Fisher.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4056014;
    I like Margaret Cho, so at this point I guess she's the one I'll be rooting for.

Saw Bristol Palin on Leno and I have to say that she is utterly charmless. But, considering her heritage, that isn't at all surprising.
    Bristol strikes me as someone who isn't comfortable in a public setting. Now, I've only seen a couple of interviews with her so I may be wrong, but I just don't think a career in the public eye is the best thing for her. Of course, it's all her own choice, and putting aside any diva rumors, I'm thinking it's going to be Kate 2.0 in terms of dance ability and being void of any character.

It is all about Rick Fox for me I was so excited when he was announced during the Bachelor Pad. The only other Laker player that I would probably love to eventually see on the show is Derek Fisher.
    Interviews I've seen with Rick and Cheryl seem like they're having a good time together, and that Rick is really trying his hardest. I keep forgetting Jason Taylor was the exact same height and made it all the way to the finals, and that's who Rick compares himself to. Cheryl does touch on the height difference. It's hard to say how they'll do, but he seems to have a pretty solid fanbase, and athletes can do well in that area alone.

Who I am worried about is Kurt. It doesn't sound like he's a complete clunker, but going by Anna's tweets, I'm a little worried he isn't going to be completely graceful week 1, either. If he's got a little rhythm to work with, I'm sure he'll be fine as the weeks go by. I really want Anna to go all the way, and love Kurt, so I'll be crushed if they have no chance.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

By the looks of Michael Bolton's posed pictures, he looks like he has about as much dance ability as Kenny Mayne. Not sure if he will go week 1 because of his following, but he should.

FORT Newbie

"...I'm thinking it's going to be Kate 2.0 in terms of dance ability and being void of any character."

BINGO!

+ Reply to Thread