+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Is there a reason that the Situation has not appeared in any photos yet at all?

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;4054690;
    Is there a reason that the Situation has not appeared in any photos yet at all?
    I noticed that. (*keeping fingers crossed he is off the show*)
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;4054685;
    So I guess this is now going to be" dancing with the reality stars and those so not really Celebirities" They really scraped the bottom to come up with this crude. I may not watch.
    I know! I think they should change the name to "Dancing with Famewhores".

I read somewhere that The Situation (I can't believe I just had to type that) has contractual obligations with MTV and can't start practice until two weeks after everyone else.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

There was some interview done with the Jersey Shore people - by Ryan Seacrest, I think - and all of them were on Lockdown ( Ryan's word ) by MTV. So, the Situation is not allowed to do anything until a couple of weeks after the others.

I think Florence is going to hang in longer than most - Partly due to her fanbase and partly due to the fact that she had music / dance training. She will certainly outlast several of the others, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I heard he can't start until September 8th, but Karina's been tweeting that they'll only have 5 days to rehearse.

Well, Kara, I know you're a huge Louis fan, but I've never liked Margaret and seeing her pictures just makes my skin creep. UGH! Perhaps she'll be more likeable on the show ala Jerry Springer.
    Even though I love Louis I can't stand Margaret. She is one that my pre-show opinion won't change. She seems really annoying in her solo picture. And I didn't realize she had so many tattoos! Kyle I don't know anything about, but I can't say I'll be sorry if he leaves early (at this point). Lacey will probably screw him over sooner or later anyway. Maybe they'll get along better than I think. If Corky's turned down the camera mugging (rivaling Mark and Derek's), and has gotten better manners, I won't mind rooting for Florence. I'm just hoping she doesn't look as painful as Buzz and Cloris.

Hearing that about Jennifer makes me even more disappointed. I don't like her to begin with, but why can't the show give Derek the female Wayne Newton or a Kate Gosselin? Everyone has had to deal with those types more than once. Derek's had Jennie, Shannon, Brooke, Lil Kim, Joanna, and Nicole. Two wins, two final 4 placements, one final 5, and a final 6. None of them were dance challenged. Maybe they needed minor tweaks, and had nerve issues, but by the time he got to Brooke, you wouldn't know it by the judges love fest. I can already hear it all now. CA will be moved to tears at some point, Len will go silent and say he wish he had a 30 paddle, Bruno will come up with some stupid metaphor that let's him roll his r's, she'll be proclaimed the best dancer ever, Derek will get away with gimmicks and breaking rules, they'll probably make the finals so they can re-create, step by step, the last DD dance so they can get away with the lift (and the judges will declare it the best thing ever). And of course Jennifer will play pretend when she gets praise and high marks. Derek will mug.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-04-2010 at 05:26 PM.

It's going to be hard watching the first couple of shows. I know I'm going to be in Maks' camp. I wish Edyta was still a pro dancer and wish we had Demitry on too. I have a feeling it's going to be a long season this time.
    It's got to be love.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4054764;
    I read somewhere that The Situation (I can't believe I just had to type that) has contractual obligations with MTV and can't start practice until two weeks after everyone else.
    They stopped filming Jersey Shore in Seaside today or yesterday, according to my daughter, who has friends from college there. As one friend told her, the cast just left, so now he should be able to start practicing.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

If Tony's latest tweets mean anything, it sounds like Mike is in CA right now. Which I guess, if right, rules out him using stinking up the dance floor because he only had 5 days to practice as an excuse. Makes me wonder why MTV was okay with him doing the show, but not Audrina last season (and if any of that was in fact true, why they didn't bring Dmitry back as her partner). Unless they intended on sticking Tony with Florence and figured after Kate he deserved a fighting chance.

It's going to be hard watching the first couple of shows. I know I'm going to be in Maks' camp. I wish Edyta was still a pro dancer and wish we had Demitry on too. I have a feeling it's going to be a long season this time.
    I'll give it a chance, but if it turns into a love fest, giving 10s week 2, and declaring the final 2 week 3, then yeah, it's going to be a looong season I dislike more pros than celebs, and am really not looking forward to seeing Corky and Lacey back on the dance floor. They couldn't have brought Ashly back, or Dmitry, Jonathan, Alec, or Damian? Maybe Corky learned from before, but when you had Tom shaking his head at your antics, that's pretty bad. Believe it or not, I actually dislike Lacey far more than the two Ballas brats. Audrina's my 4th place favorite by default. The celebs I either don't care for, except David, Kurt, and Brandy, or need to see but could care less about right now.

Margaret Cho is an abrasive comic, and her routines are mostly R-rated to say the least, but I've loved her since her legendary failed sitcom in the 90s. The stories she's told in her stand-up about dealing with the network (ABC, heh) and their idiotic ideas about presenting Asians on television are classic. I'll root for her like I did Debi Mazar. I know she will leave early, but I'll have fun watching her while she's there.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread