+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4053218;
    The results show is going to be two hours on Tuesday, September 21st. I guess they're really predicting this season to do well to justify that

I've been hoping that Chelsie would get an older, more mature, non baby faced partner. But Michael wasn't who I had in mind. I'm also surprised that Kyle/Chelsie weren't paired together but maybe it's just a stereotypical pairing they wanted to get away from with her. And maybe they figured Kyle's energy was better wasted on Lacey. Could be they don't expect him to do well, and figure they'll get him out early.

norealityhere, you're welcome! Every show's got their sleuths, since I love this show and worry who I'm gonna wind up viewing, I don't mind following the spoilers. It's nice to see how hard ABC tries to hide the results. Kurt/Anna weren't a pairing revealed on GMA, and since I was worried he was getting Lacey, I had to go the official website on ABC, and go to the last page to find out he got Anna.

Well, it's much appreciated!!

I don't know Kurt, but I'm glad he's with Anna - one of my faves.
    Who's Lacey paired with? I thought she and the Situation would be a perfect fit!! They're both pretty much into themselves.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052834;
    I remember the days when making a sex tape, having kids at 18, and getting drunk and partying all night was shameful (and I'm in my 20s). Now it gets you a TV show. And I don't care if you're the president, I don't think politicians qualify as stars. Not only that, they're just too polarizing.
    I think the term "star" has been muddied by this show! When I think of a star, I think of Sandra Bullock, George Clooney, etc. I think Kurt Warner is great, but are athletes really "stars," unless they're The Rock or somebody like that? Florence Henderson qualifies as a star; Margaret Cho doesn't in my book. Audrina, The Situation, Michael? They haven't earned it yet. Bristol? No matter what you think of any political situation, she should not qualify as a "star." Even Buzz Aldrin is not a "star." He is an American icon and a very famous person, but not a star.

In my mind, I look at the pros as the stars and the "celebrity contestants" as their partners!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4053322;
    [/B]

Well, it's much appreciated!!

I don't know Kurt, but I'm glad he's with Anna - one of my faves.
    Who's Lacey paired with? I thought she and the Situation would be a perfect fit!! They're both pretty much into themselves.
    Lacey's paired with Kyle. An odd match and I could see it being entertaining if it blows up or if they get along. Kyle's probably better suited to go along with what Lacey wants, and by the looks of his mini jig when announced, looks like he'll be a ton of fun with a bubbly personality. Cody Linely was annoying as heck but made it to the final 4 (didn't hurt to have Julianne as a partner), so maybe Kyle will do better than expected. There's a lot of football players I wouldn't mind seeing, and they couldn't have picked a better guy than Kurt. Very down to earth, nothing arrogant about him. Not the stereotypical athlete concerned about money, ladies, and bling. He's really a devoted family man. He and Anna will probably get a long a lot like she and Evan did, and Kurt's very popular with NFL fans. So I think he could win or possibly make it to the finals. Hopefully his feet are good on the dance floor

I think the term "star" has been muddied by this show! When I think of a star, I think of Sandra Bullock, George Clooney, etc. I think Kurt Warner is great, but are athletes really "stars," unless they're The Rock or somebody like that? Florence Henderson qualifies as a star; Margaret Cho doesn't in my book. Audrina, The Situation, Michael? They haven't earned it yet. Bristol? No matter what you think of any political situation, she should not qualify as a "star." Even Buzz Aldrin is not a "star." He is an American icon and a very famous person, but not a star.

In my mind, I look at the pros as the stars and the "celebrity contestants" as their partners!
    I think it's been muddied by TV and entertainment in general. When Survivor first hit it big, I could see why some celebs were a little peeved that they were being considered stars. But now? Some of these people think they're bigger than Tom Hanks! And I don't get why it's the MTV/VH-1 shows that seem to produce the mindless dribble that never goes away. What are these people going to do when the cameras go away to the next big thing, they aren't getting bookings to just show up at some function, and basically they become Tila Tequila? I definitely think the pros have more star power. I'm always hoping my pros get a good partner, and do think they may be the deciding factor as to whether a celeb gets votes or not. It's probably why we see certain pros back more often and folks like poor Jonathan and Alec on the sidelines. I'm at least glad Anna's being given another good chance.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Kurt with Anna is an excellent pairing. I'm very excited to watch them, I hope Kurt can dance.

I don't know Kyle, either.
    If he's with Lacey, then, I sure hope he's entertaining as she's not at all fun for me.

FORT Newbie

Current Vegas odds:
    Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke, 4 to 1
    Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough, 5 to 1
    David Hasselhoff and Kym Johnson, 6 to 1
    Brandy and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, 7 to 1
    Michael Bolton and Chelsie Hightower, 9 to 1
    Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and Karina Smirnoff, 11 to 1
    Florence Henderson and Corky Ballas, 15 to 1
    Kurt Warner and Anna Trebunskaya, 16 to 1
    Audrina Patridge and Tony Dovolani, 20 to 1
    Margaret Cho and Louis Van Amstel, 25 to 1
    Kyle Massey and Lacy Schwimmer, 30 to 1
    Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas, 35 to 1

Fox affiliate myfoxphilly .com has a story about Bristol acting like a diva already.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm kind of surprised they'd give Rick such good odds. He's 6'6" and it worked out well for Jason Taylor, but in a different article (maybe the MTV one) it said he had bad knees. And Clyde Drexler, the only other basketball player ever on the show, failed miserably. Plus, Cheryl is so much shorter than Rick. Last season looked awkward during the closed hold dances with her and Chad. It'd be nice to get pros that can match the celebs height a little better. I'm also surprised they put Brandy 4th, and Kurt so low. Maybe they know something about their dance ability we don't *sigh* Those 2 and the Hoff are who I'm pinning my hopes on this season. I might warm up to some other contestants, but hope there's a Ballas/Hough free finale. And if those 3 don't do as well as expected, then I really hope I have someone else to root for.

Sight unseen, I don't think Michael, Florence, or Bristol will be within range of the finals. Bristol, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of negative talk behind the scenes. Depending who it is I believe it. I can with her, but also realize she's a good target for stories like that. Regardless, she's got Mark, who can easily rival her for divaness. Florence will clomp around uncomfortably but get by on the inspirational old lady Mrs. Brady votes for a few rounds. Michael, maybe he'll surprise me, and since I like Chelsie so much I hope he does. But something just makes me think he'll be the odd man out. Still, he's really well known, and if he can dance, that'll obviously work in his favor. Bristol will stick around probably longer than she should for ratings, but then be eliminated probably around the same time Kate was.

I think Brandy and Kurt have the best chances of making the finals. I'm up in the air with Margaret, Jennifer, the Hoff, Audrina, and the Situation. Jennifer's probably going to get a gush fest like we've never seen, and I hope there's no mention of Patrick Swayze every episode to pull in sympathy votes (God forbid they do a dedication week). I'll have to see Jennifer in action and hope she's nowhere near as good as people are anticipating. Sorry, but I'm over the blond haired boy wonder and hope there's an early exit for him. Audrina's my dark horse. Either she's going to be really bad, get thrown under the bus to save someone else, or surprise everyone and be a contender. Margaret/Louis are going to make a good team. I doubt they'll be in the finals, but providing she's not a horror on the dance floor and brings laughs will probably go deep in the competition. The Hoff's schtick might get old, but I'll be surprised to see him gone too early. I could see him in the finals. I'm hoping an early exit also awaits the Situation. I'll give him a fair chance before I pass judgement on what I think he'll bring, but hopefully if he's as horrible as I'm thinking even his fans will take pity and not vote for him.

I do think Kyle might be an early boot. He's completely unknown, which hasn't always hurt contestants, and paired with a polarizing pro, and I just think they're going to clash. He seems like a nice kid. I'm really not expecting much from Rick but maybe he'll be another surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkietoz;4053446;
    Current Vegas odds:
    Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke, 4 to 1
    Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough, 5 to 1
    David Hasselhoff and Kym Johnson, 6 to 1
    Brandy and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, 7 to 1
    Michael Bolton and Chelsie Hightower, 9 to 1
    Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and Karina Smirnoff, 11 to 1
    Florence Henderson and Corky Ballas, 15 to 1
    Kurt Warner and Anna Trebunskaya, 16 to 1
    Audrina Patridge and Tony Dovolani, 20 to 1
    Margaret Cho and Louis Van Amstel, 25 to 1
    Kyle Massey and Lacy Schwimmer, 30 to 1
    Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas, 35 to 1

Fox affiliate myfoxphilly .com has a story about Bristol acting like a diva already.

I really hope Kurt can dance well. Based on what I see, I just expect the season to be a huge let down. I don't know much about Anna, but she's a good person and a good teacher, right? My daughter thinks Audrina is going to surprise everyone. And of course she thinks The Situation will be good - but I'm not crazy about Karina. If Erin thinks Maks has a good chance with Brandy - well, OK. But it's going to be hard to see him dancing without Erin. I wonder if he'll still have that smile and spark we saw last season?

We already had a Patrick Swayze tribute. Of course, I wouldn't mind more - but not to play into the Jennifer Grey sympathy vote!

A DIVA? She should be acting like a scared little girl! I'll reserve judgement until I see more proof. The only thing I heard about her was she doesn't like the weather in LA - too hot for her. Nothing wrong with that!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4053449;
    I'm kind of surprised they'd give Rick such good odds. He's 6'6" and it worked out well for Jason Taylor, but in a different article (maybe the MTV one) it said he had bad knees. And Clyde Drexler, the only other basketball player ever on the show, failed miserably. Plus, Cheryl is so much shorter than Rick. Last season looked awkward during the closed hold dances with her and Chad. It'd be nice to get pros that can match the celebs height a little better. I'm also surprised they put Brandy 4th, and Kurt so low. Maybe they know something about their dance ability we don't *sigh* Those 2 and the Hoff are who I'm pinning my hopes on this season.
    But if they're right, that means more Eliza in the audience.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Who's Eliza?

+ Reply to Thread