+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

I already know who I'm voting for, and if they can't bring it, then I'm not voting. Nobody else interests me enough to vote for except for my top 3. A lot of people aren't going to vote for Bristol because of who she is, and don't think she deserves to be here. So it's the same situation. I have nothing against her for who her mother is. She had the opportunity so she took it. They've been wanting Sarah on the show, so her daughter was probably good enough. That said, she won't be getting my vote. I'm reserving that for Brandy, Kurt, and David (depending on who the two guys are paired with-I won't vote for Lacey). Reading over the bios and trying to picture everyone dancing, I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by how everyone moves. I'm getting a bad vision of seeing 9 Kate's all over again. Just because I'm not that lucky, Jennifer is probably going to be a contender. I hope I'm wrong, but because Derek's involved, I know I'm not. I'm not expecting much from The Situation, Bristol, Florence, or Rick. The others I'm iffy on. I think Kyle will try a bubbly personality and wisecracks if his feet fail him. Michael I think is as good as gone week 1. Margaret has a fanbase, but how big we shall see. Personally I can't stand her, and don't see her dancing well, but she's well known enough and has a following. I'm looking forward to the Hoff, who I think will be the resident George Hamilton. He might be a surprise early boot or go very far. Wonder if we'll get any Baywatch or Knight Rider themed dances. Audrina I think will get lost in the shuffle unless she completely wows everyone. Tony's happy, but I find her forgettable already. Right now I think it's Brandy and Kurt's to lose.

I may not like ringers, but I do like when people can dance and grow from it. I'm not getting that vibe. It's an interesting mix of personalities, so either a ratings bonanza or we're getting the finale week 3 to put everyone out of their misery.

I do hope there's no snide comments made by any of the stars about Bristol. They don't like her mom or her politics, fine, but I hope they save it for another venue. I don't think the show is running out steam, hopefully, just trying to capitialize on what people make entertainment and who the tabloids and talk shows are buzzing about. I remember the days when making a sex tape, having kids at 18, and getting drunk and partying all night was shameful (and I'm in my 20s). Now it gets you a TV show. And I don't care if you're the president, I don't think politicians qualify as stars. Not only that, they're just too polarizing.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-31-2010 at 11:20 PM.

They're trying to appeal to as big a demographic as possible, so I can understand why they get some of the folks they do. I may not like it; but I realize I'm just one of many out there who they're trying to please.

I actually thought they had a pretty good lineup last year.
    I'm not as thrilled this year. But, I'll wait and see how it goes.

Hopefully, if my tickets come through this season, I'll get to see some of the "stars" that I'm actually looking forward to seeing on the show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'd love details if you attend a live show (or if anyone else here every did/does).

I see where they were going with this season. And there have been instances I expected to dislike a season and ended up ranking it as my all time favorite. I'm not sure, however, if it'll be successful. They saw what happened last time with their "most talked about season ever". So they're probably going for similar success and upping the ante with controversial castings like Mike, Margaret, Bristol, and then throwing Michael in there who doesn't fit with anything. Hence why I think he's leaving first But if these people can't dance, or fall flat, then the show is stuck. And of course, there's people who don't want to see them, and either won't watch or FF through the couples they don't like. The day after and I haven't seen much media attention on the cast as a whole, only Bristol. They're obviously going for the younger demographic with Audrina and the Situation, but what happens when they're gone and if the viewers who like them don't tune in? DWTS has desperately tried cornering the younger viewer market, and I think they should give it up. It just seems like an odd group when you look at it.

Okay, GMA couldn't even reveal all the pairs, but here we go, our official line up for DWTS season 11:

Brandy/Maks (according to Erin he's very excited)
    Audrina/Tony
    Florence/Corky
    Bristol/Mark
    Jennifer/Derek
    Margaret/Louis (don't like Margaret, but go Louis!)

David/Kym (heard he's already got a crush on her)
    The Situation/Karina (heh-I actually feel sorry for her)
    Kurt/Anna ( )
    Kyle/Lacey
    Rick/Cheryl
    Michael/Chelsie

So glad Kurt didn't get Lacey. I'm torn now between him and Brandy. Love both their pros and Maks and Anna are way overdue to win. Glad Anna didn't go back to having her usual clunker. I'm hoping there's no way Jennifer/Derek get anywhere near the finals. I'm pretty content with these pairings, besides Chelsie getting Michael and having Corky back.

And I'll say it-I feel sorry that Bristol has Mark. I'm happy I won't see his mug all season, but I don't think he's a good teacher or choreographer. Only partners he's never struggled with were Sabrina, Kristi, and Shawn. It's not even that Kim, Melissa, and Shannon were the worst of their seasons, he had attitude with the first two. It's like he can't handle having to teach someone from the ground up. Bristol already seems like a nervous twig ready to break.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-01-2010 at 08:39 AM.

PAIRS REVEALED

Just saw it on ABC.com, when you click on GMA

Michael Bolton/Chelsie Hightower
    David Hasselhoff/Kym Johnson
    Kyle Massey/Lacey Schwimmer
    Kurt Warner/Anna Trebunskya
    Situation/Karina Smirnoff
    Rick Fox/Cheryl Burke

Audrina Patridge/Tony Davolani
    Brandy/Maksim can't spell his name
    Florence Henderson/Corky Ballas
    Britol Palin/Mark Ballas
    Jennifer Grey/Derek Hough
    Margaret Cho/Louis Van Amstel

My pre show faves are Audrina/Tony (of course), Michael/Chelsie, Kurt/Anna, Rick/Cheryl, Bristol/Mark

I love Maks but Brandy rubs me the wrong way...sorry Kara

I thought I asked this yesterday, but I guess it didn't post. Can somebody help me make an Audrina/Tony avatar? I'm not a computer whiz but I really want one!

Question: If Lacey stepped in for Edyta at the last moment, how in the world did she get Kyle? There's no way Edyta would have been paired with him because of height!

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4052928;
    Question: If Lacey stepped in for Edyta at the last moment, how in the world did she get Kyle? There's no way Edyta would have been paired with him because of height!
    The way Edyta sounds (TMZ article aside), she didn't intend on returning for this season. There were rumors about a new female pro joining the cast but maybe that fell through Could also be they had Edyta paired with someone else, and when she dropped out (if she did), they re-arranged the pairings.

I'm going to have to see the cast in action before I decide whether it's brillant or the worst ever. But I am happy that some of my favorite pros are hopefully in it for the long haul, and that some of my least favorites hopefully take an early exit. I'm worried about the JS fanbase and ABC pimping The Situation as being the fan favorite everyone relates to. He can't even start training until a week before the premiere, and I heard his dancing leaves a lot to be desired. Of course I've never seen an episode, only as a whole think the cast is vile. And I know a few of their stupid nicknames, but aside from Snooki, couldn't pick them out of a line up. So maybe he won't be as big a douche on his own. I'm thinking CA and Bruno will love him.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-01-2010 at 08:48 AM.

I have no earthly clue who I'll vote for. First time I've had that predicament in a long, long while. Kurt Warner sounds like a good guy from what people are saying, so hopefully I'll like his dancing/his effort and throw some votes his way. I'm utterly pathetic when it comes to football. My reaction to the announcement of him being on the cast was the same as it was with Jerry Rice, Emmett Smith, LT, Jason (Taylor?), etc.: "Who?" Football is just not my thing.

For me, it'll just depend on who does what and how they act. But under no circumstances do I ever see myself voting for The Situation. Or Florence for that matter (Corky, need I say more?). I'll vote some for Bristol if she does well.

I'm hopeful Margaret Cho will be at least tolerable on this show. I've always found her comedy acts vile and foul mouthed, and I don't care for her. But I will say she's actually pretty funny on Drop Dead Diva, and very little profanity or anything is on that show. So she can be funny without the nastiness. Hopefully that translates to DWTS as well.

And she and all the rest of them can keep the politics at home, as far as I'm concerned. I watch the show to be entertained and get an escape from the real world. I follow politics enough on its own without hearing people yammer away about it on this show too. That's another reason I'm a bit bummed by the Bristol casting. You already can't go anywhere to read about or discuss the show without reading Palin bashing that's not even related to Bristol, and it's irritating to me. If I wanted to read about politics, I'd be on a political site. But that's just me.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4052810;
    I'll be voting for her for one. The others will be all of those Tom DeLay fans who voted to keep him there for 4 weeks, until he hurt his foot and quit. To the media's chagrin, Sarah Palin has a huge fan base and I'm sure that will extend to Bristol.
    But what if she is a terrible dancer? Will you still vote for her? Kurt is my favorite, but if he isn't good, I won't vote for him. I don't mind Bristol, but I can't catagorically say I'm voting for her or anyone else until I see how they dance.

Unlike the lovely judges, I vote based on ability - not favoritism.
    Last edited by TiaMaria62; 09-01-2010 at 09:47 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052929;
    The way Edyta sounds (TMZ article aside), she didn't intend on returning for this season. There were rumors about a new female pro joining the cast but maybe that fell through Could also be they had Edyta paired with someone else, and when she dropped out (if she did), they re-arranged the pairings.

I'm going to have to see the cast in action before I decide whether it's brillant or the worst ever. But I am happy that some of my favorite pros are hopefully in it for the long haul, and that some of my least favorites hopefully take an early exit. I'm worried about the JS fanbase and ABC pimping The Situation as being the fan favorite everyone relates to. He can't even start training until a week before the premiere, and I heard his dancing leaves a lot to be desired. Of course I've never seen an episode, only as a whole think the cast is vile. And I know a few of their stupid nicknames, but aside from Snooki, couldn't pick them out of a line up. So maybe he won't be as big a douche on his own. I'm thinking CA and Bruno will love him.
    Yesterday, I read somewhere - zap2it maybe - that David said his partner wasn't set in stone as of Monday - that there was some shuffling going on. I'll try to find that link....

ETA: Here is the link - but it only talks about him being a last minute addition...I'll keep searching.

'Dancing with the Stars': David Hasselhoff, a reluctant last minute addition - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
    Last edited by TiaMaria62; 09-01-2010 at 10:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread