+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Overall I have to say that I recognize more of these names than other recent seasons, so although they are not huge "stars" I at least don't have to google most of them.

Bristol could be annoying, but only half as annoying as her former finance would be, so I'll just smile and be glad he isn't on the show.

I'm glad not to see Ali. Yes, I liked Mellisa, but as another pointed out these crossovers from TB are better as an exception, not the rule.

I hope the rummor about Kate is not true, or if true, her special coorespondant role is very limited.

My main question: Is there a ringer? I don't follow Brandy much...will it be her?

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4052432;
    And to further your viewing pleasure with this stellar cast, ET has announced that Kate Gosselin will be a special correspondent to DWTS this season.
    Are you serious??? This lady must have some agent...

at this point I don't think there is anyone that I would consider a ringer. Brandy could end up being one, but I don't think so. I think she'll be good, but I think she'll be beatable.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4052549;
    at this point I don't think there is anyone that I would consider a ringer. Brandy could end up being one, but I don't think so. I think she'll be good, but I think she'll be beatable.
    Ugh, there's a word I hope we can just retire for a season...I don't care if Jennifer Grey was in Dirty Dancing and knows how to point her foot. I don't care if Brandy has worked with choreographers for tours and videos. I don't care if Florence has danced in musical theater for decades. I don't care if the athletes took ballet and ballroom when they were kids. Let's all just lay off the "ringer" name-calling this year unless it's a complete runaway.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Was surprised to see when this was announced last night on BP, I had already seen all these people's names on here and on the Internet and the ABC site. It's surprising that they'd already leaked this cast. Maybe they realize it kind of sucks!!

Please don't all stone me at once, but I'd prefer to see Kate back again rather than Bristol and the prospect of her mother getting anymore airtime!!

Do have to say that the prospect of pairing Florence Henderson (who doesn't love her out there?) with Corky Ballas (the most obnoxious person to ever grace the DWTS stage), is on a par with the casting of Bristol.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4052551;
    Ugh, there's a word I hope we can just retire for a season...I don't care if Jennifer Grey was in Dirty Dancing and knows how to point her foot. I don't care if Brandy has worked with choreographers for tours and videos. I don't care if Florence has danced in musical theater for decades. I don't care if the athletes took ballet and ballroom when they were kids. Let's all just lay off the "ringer" name-calling this year unless it's a complete runaway.
    Last season, it was obvious from the judges either the first week or maybe the second - but I think it was the first - who was going to be the winner. If the judges don't do that this season - I tell you what - we won't talk ringer. How about that?

BTW, last season was a crock - a crock, I tell you!

ETA:I am going to beat everybody to the punch and say it: Derek should get Florence. There! I know it is coming, so I just went ahead and said it.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 08-31-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4052551;
    Agreed. The hysterical "ringer" fingerpointing is far more tiresome than the ringers themselves.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4052440;
    See my post #55.

We were promised a "big name." This was after we had proof about some of the cast.

Who is this person?
    I'm guessing it's Bristol, but Melissa also said we'd be surprised and pleased by the cast, and hinted we wouldn't have a lot of older contestants clomping around. For all I know, she could be referring to the one guy whose name wasn't spoiled, Kyle Massey.

I'm already 99% certain Mark doesn't have it. So long as his buddy doesn't get pampered by the judges, I'm happy, and will refrain from using that word. If there is one this season, it's about time someone else got it. But I am hoping there's suspense this time, and we don't know the final 2 week 2, dance experience aside. I guess I'm in the camp that's not expecting Jennifer to do well. She looked scared last night, and according to reports it took some prodding to get her to finally sign on. The producers keep mentioning she was part of an iconic movie, so of course people will love her. But that movie begins and ends with Patrick Swayze, and she doesn't even look like the same person. Maybe I'll be surprised. I'm also thinking Brandy is going to run away with it all or fall completely short of expectations (see Toni Braxton). And this cast made me realize having to google all but 3 names isn't always a bad thing (I miss Gilles now more than ever!). I'm only excited about 3, and my excitement might go away depending on who they're partnered with.

It really surprises me that they didn't bring Anna Demidova back, considering 3 of the men are over 6 foot. Rick's going to look like a giant next to whoever his partner is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4052469;
    Very true. I have never had any idea who any of the sports people were, with the exception of Kristi Yamaguchi, and some people seemed to think that they were massive stars . At any rate, I cut every new lot of celebritys some slack because over the seasons I have been horrified by some that I knew and expected to love (David Alan Grier), and adored some that I had never heard of and expected to be somewhat smarmy (Gilles Marini). Michael Bolton may very well turn out to be delightful - I'll give him a chance before I start throwing around the "ewwww, gross".
    Yes, I will never forget when I actually started rooting for Jerry Springer of all people!! Just shows that you never know how these people are going to end up acting on the show.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;4052587;
    Yes, I will never forget when I actually started rooting for Jerry Springer of all people!! Just shows that you never know how these people are going to end up acting on the show.
    I expected to go in completely disliking Warren Sapp during season 7, and Kelly Osbourne in season 9 (among others throughout the years). Since Kym and Louis are two of my favorite pros, I felt sorry for them, thinking they would have a short season. What a difference a cha cha and VW can make (or was Kelly's first dance the foxtrot? I can't remember, too many dances that season). Aside from The Situation, I can't say I entirely dislike anyone else, so I may warm up to them. Right now, still rooting for Kurt, Brandy, and David!

It sounds like Karina has The Situation as a partner. I was surprised to see Lacey was only 5'3", and Anna was 5'4". So one of them likely has Kyle. Anna's fit nicely with over 6' tall athletes before, so I'm hoping she gets Kurt. I guess Lacey could pair with him, but I'm hoping not. That's assuming Anna's on.

+ Reply to Thread