+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Good a time as any to get the rumors going for the new season, just 3 months away

Newest one to hit the circuit? Lindsay and Dina Lohan. Dina's expressed her desire to do the show before, so she wouldn't surprise me. Any chance she can get at fame, and what better season than following in the footsteps of another mother who rides her children's backs for money and exposure? I have my doubts Lindsay would do it but pity whoever gets her. I don't think she'd have the desire, will, or work ethic to go along with the demanding schedule.

Other names previously mentioned that popped up: Sig Hanson (The Deadliest Catch captain), Kirstie Alley, David Hasselhoff, Sarah Ferguson, Rachel Uchitel (Tiger Woods mistress #1), Betty White, Tony Blair, and Sarah Palin (the last 3 being producers picks).

FORT Regular

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 11 Spoilers/Speculation*

Wow. That's a depressing list for the most part. We need some real stars.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3921415;
    Good a time as any to get the rumors going for the new season, just 3 months away

Newest one to hit the circuit? Lindsay and Dina Lohan. Dina's expressed her desire to do the show before, so she wouldn't surprise me. Any chance she can get at fame, and what better season than following in the footsteps of another mother who rides her children's backs for money and exposure? I have my doubts Lindsay would do it but pity whoever gets her. I don't think she'd have the desire, will, or work ethic to go along with the demanding schedule.

Other names previously mentioned that popped up: Sig Hanson (The Deadliest Catch captain), Kirstie Alley, David Hasselhoff, Sarah Ferguson, Rachel Uchitel (Tiger Woods mistress #1), Betty White, Tony Blair, and Sarah Palin (the last 3 being producers picks).

Dina would be the first booted off - no one likes that witch. I would LOOOOVVE to see Sig Hansen - love the Deadliest Catch he would be a riot. Just imagine seeing all of the other captains in the audience rooting for him - LOL! Kirstie would be great too. Not Betty White though please - I love that woman but I would be so afraid she's going to hurt herself!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3921433;
    Dina would be the first booted off
    Well honestly it would be the first ever double elimination because Rachel Uchitel (Tiger Woods mistress #1) would tie her for the first voted off.

What a horrible group, hopefully those are all just rumors and none of them come true.

So who would be the ringer out of that group? Betty White?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3921415;

Newest one to hit the circuit? Lindsay and Dina Lohan....Other names previously mentioned that popped up: Sig Hanson (The Deadliest Catch captain), Kirstie Alley, David Hasselhoff, Sarah Ferguson, Rachel Uchitel (Tiger Woods mistress #1), Betty White, Tony Blair, and Sarah Palin (the last 3 being producers picks).
    This is an ugly list. The reason why this season was so great is that the people on it were genuinely "good" people - enthusiastic about being there and hardworking to boot (all except Kate, of course).

The group above, with the exception of Sig and Betty (who is far too old to be entertaining on this type of show), are just sort of depressing to think about much less watch.

I would definately pass on a season with this list.

Tom Bergeron even said that Betty White would be a bad idea. She's 88 and doesn't move all that well. Did you see her coming down the stairs at the beginning of SNL? She had some trouble - I'm sure it's her hips. She'd never even make it down the staircase at the beginning of each episode.

If they get Sarah Palin, I'll officially stop watching. Ditto for Rachel Uchitel and Dina Lohan. What about being a nasty slut who sleeps with married men or being a crappy, enabling famewhore of a mother makes you a "star"?

Frankly, very few of the names suggested in this thread or the other one about who posters would like to see on the show would be people I'd want to see on the show. Generally, they do an okay job choosing people, but if they continue the trend of casting people with tons of dance training, I'll stop watching - that's what SYTYCD is for.

Plus, if they pair Derek with another ringer, I'll be ticked. They need to spread that around more and give the other pros some better partners. Poor Jonathan gets hosed every season....and Marie was no exception because it was her fan base that kept her in the competition, not her ability.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was just thinking when I saw Dina's name "that'll be Jonathan's partner!" He and Tony would probably get stuck with her and Rachel. That's usually the way it goes for them. Since the show gave Anna her first ever serious contender in Evan, I'm hoping the wealth spreads to Jonathan next season. Tony really needs to be paid back for dealing with Kate. I'm with you Crit, I'll be ticked if Derek and/or Mark get the ringers or the ones with huge fanbases. I can't even say Mark's been unlucky in getting a Kate or Cloris type (and speaking of Derek, his antics are really going into Cloris territory). Count me in as hoping there's no Mya's or Nicole's experienced dancers next season. Not asking for a cast full of Buzz's, but get people in the middle who have to improve and who have flaws to work on.

Most of the names mentioned above, except for Tony, Sarah P., and Betty, are people who've said they want to do the show. Captain Sig even has a facebook group going to get him on the show. What I worried about with this season getting high ratings, casting Kate, and all the controversy surrounding some of the contestants, is what that'll mean for the fall. The show will dig themselves in a hole if they think casting a homewrecking mistress or another stage mom will be good for ratings Rachel's rumor got started because she was spotted taking salsa and latin dancing lessons in Las Vegas. Her people later said she had no interest in doing the show, was just taking dance for fun. But that could be damage control. This season tried playing up portraying Kate in a different angle so I could see them taking that same approach with Dina and the mistress. Betty's already said no several times, so she'd have to either be tricked or given an offer she can't refuse to do it.
    Last edited by karalott; 06-02-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Ugh at that list of names.

I'm still hoping for John Stamos, or even Brooke Burk's baby daddy David Charvet...he's a cutie pie.

Neal Patrick Harris would be a hoot as well. I'd also love Jennifer Grey.

FORT Regular

I saw another list of possibilites that included Nancy Pelosi, Jon Gosselin and Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby24;3921557;
    I saw another list of possibilites that included Nancy Pelosi, Jon Gosselin and Vienna.
    Nancy Pelosi is supposed to be working for us in Washington at least until the end of the year. That's what we pay her for. Then again, maybe she'd do less damage on DWTS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast