+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

It's hard to say. Maybe he'll fill in for Cheryl on The X-Factor. Nicole's reportedly going to substitute judge over there. The X-Factor and SCD are direct rivals and Strictly is pulling out all the stops to beat it this year, so I'm surprised he'd want to be on the competition. That show is more purist about ballroom dancing and sticking to the traditional elements of it than we are over here, so it makes me wonder how Derek and his style would fare. Especially since Bruno loves him over here, and Len can't get enough of him even when he breaks the rules or messes about. The pros say they won't know until the middle of August on who's returning, so Derek could still pop up. If he's not on the line up I doubt it was the show's doing. As much as I want to see Derek take a break or at least get his due with a Kate/Cloris type partner, I'd take him if it meant Mark and Cheryl were out for a season or two.

I still vote for 4 of the axed Strictly pros to come over here. Karina's campaigning to get back on pretty hard, and be teamed up with Johnny Weir, and something about seems kind of desperate. Louis often campaigns to come back but his seems more like he's doing it because he loves the show and expanding his world. I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one new pro, or maybe a former pro who was on seasons ago. I read Fabian Sanchez choreographed for SYTYCD this summer. He'd get my vote to return

Nicole only Came as Guest Judge Filling Dannii not cheryl
    Well i want karina back as well Ashely de costa and lacy
    Lets wait till August so we know
    Roberto Martinez You are A Candy to my eyes
    Team Roberto

So Derek denied doing Strictly come Dancing After All we might see him back to DWTS This fall
    Roberto Martinez You are A Candy to my eyes
    Team Roberto

Not a spoiler, but I was just reading US Weekly online, an interview with Tony (where he says he does not keep in touch with Kate, she is not someone he is worried about ) They asked his dream cast member for DWTS season 11 (they didn't say partner, just cast member). His response? Anna Kournikova!

Or Jennifer Aniston:

Dancing‘s Tony Dovolani Wants a ‘More Able Partner’ Next Season - PEOPLE TV Watch

Dancing‘s Tony Dovolani Wants a ‘More Able Partner’ Next Season

Dancing with the Stars doesn’t kick off its 11th season until the end of September, but it’s never too early for the pro partners to start planning ahead and thinking of ways to get their hands on that mirror ball trophy.

“I enjoyed every bit of last season — well, most of it, I mean,” Tony Dovolani, who partnered with controversial contestant Kate Gosselin last season, told PEOPLE at the ESPY Awards Wednesday in L.A. “Next season I would like to have a more able partner, someone who doesn’t have so many distractions in their life. The producers know how I feel.”

Tony and Kate were eliminated after several weeks of low scores and negative reviews from the judges. They also had their fair share of drama.

So who would be up to Dovolani’s standards when it’s time to waltz again? “I would love to see Anna Kournikova come on our show [or] Jennifer Aniston,” he says with a laugh. “I aim very high.”

And since he aims so high, why not add occasional costar Julianne Hough‘s beau Ryan Seacrest to the equation? “I think FOX would have a real problem with him coming onto our show,” Dovolani says. “But I wish [him and Julianne] both well. I think you could put anyone next to Julianne and you have a cute couple. She can make anyone look good!” –Dahvi Shira
    I have to wonder if Tony went in and told the producers a thing or two, especially since other pros haven't had what seems like endless duds (Stacy and Melissa as the exceptions). I think Kate has been the worst contestant ever. Even worse than Master P. He had attitude, but Ashly never walked off and quit. And his dancing was better. But when it came to Kate, whose wasn't?

one of the other pros (I'm 99% sure it was Cheryl) tweeted today that she loves Paula Dean and would love to see her come on and be Tony's partner..she may have been joking though. hard to tell through a tweet.

Anna also re-tweeted a comment that she should be paired with Landon Donovan and said "ha "

I can't wait for DWTS. I am seriously going through t.v. withdrawls. my shows need to hurry up and get back on the air already!

No offense to Paula Deen, but Tony's already had 3 partners like her (Leeza, Jane, and Susan). And I guess technically Kathy and Nancy would fit into the older women category that Tony has become known for. Florence Henderson said she'd love to do the show (as she's been saying since season 3) and be paired with either Tony or Derek. After Kate, and being the second longest pro on the show behind Edyta (and along with Cheryl, but she's been lucky) Tony deserves the Nicole/Sabrina/Mya next season. But that person will probably be reserved for Derek, Mark, or maybe even Dmitry. Tony would probably likely get Florence between him and Derek.

I hope we get a new pro winning next year. 10 seasons, and only 2 pros have won this show once. The other 4 pros who've won have gotten the tacky mirrorball twice. I'm hoping Cheryl isn't on next season and if she is, gets an early ouster. I wonder if Anna's poking fun at her since she was trying to get paired with Evan and he wound up with Anna.

Does anyone have a list of celebrities who have been interested in the show and have been close to making it? I only know of Brooke Hogan. I have a feeling that with Melissa Joan Hart and Erin Andrews finally making it, we'll be seeing a couple of celebrities who have campaigned to be on the show eventually get their chance.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Karalott, I completely agree with you regarding the Tony/Paul Deen pairing. I do think Paula Deen would make a likable contestant, but I don't want her with Tony..he's my favorite male pro, and I want him with someone that will get him far and hopefully even win!

I really like Cheryl, she's always been my favorite female pro, with Edyta and Chelsie tied at a close second, so I still want her to participate. But as far as Mark and Derek, I wish they'd both take a season (or two or three) off. I would like to see Jonathan, Julianne, Kym, and Damien return, maybe even Lacey or Alec. However, Karina can stay far far away, and I wasn't the biggest Dmitry or Anna D. fan, so I'd rather see other pros return besides them. And, of course, I want Anna T., Edyta, Chelsie, Louis and Maks back...is that everybody?
    Last edited by RyMac; 07-16-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3985433;
    Does anyone have a list of celebrities who have been interested in the show and have been close to making it? I only know of Brooke Hogan. I have a feeling that with Melissa Joan Hart and Erin Andrews finally making it, we'll be seeing a couple of celebrities who have campaigned to be on the show eventually get their chance.
    Louie Vito was actually considered for season 7, but they ended up going with Misty Treanor since she won gold. Makes me wonder who they would have paired him with, because none of the female pros that season would have matched his height. Glad he got on when he did. I know Florence Henderson has been wanting to do the show forever. She used to be a regular fixture in the audience, then she wasn't, and now she kind of is again. Cloris Leachman said she tried 3 times before cussing her way through the interview and getting cast. Belinda Carlilse was supposed to be Tony's original partner in season 6 (or at least part of season 6), but she didn't show up until season 8. And Holly Madison lucked out when Jewel got injured, because she, too, had been trying to do the show but they get turning her down. Mike Greenberg on ESPN has mentioned wanting to do the show, but I doubt they'll go with him so soon after Erin.

Karalott, I completely agree with you regarding the Tony/Paul Deen pairing. I do think Paula Deen would make a likable contestant, but I don't want her with Tony..he's my favorite male pro, and I want him with someone that will get him far and hopefully even win!

I really like Cheryl, she's always been my favorite female pro, with Edyta and Chelsie tied at a close second, so I still want her to participate. But as far as Mark and Derek, I wish they'd both take a season (or two or three) off. I would like to see Jonathan, Julianne, Kym, and Damien return, maybe even Lacey or Alec. However, Karina can stay far far away, and I wasn't the biggest Dmitry or Anna D. fan, so I'd rather see other pros return besides them. And, of course, I want Anna T., Edyta, Chelsie, Louis and Maks back...is that everybody?
    I like Paula Deen, and she'd probably be a more likeable celebrity chef than Rocco. She's pretty well known so if she could shake it I think she'd do okay. She seems on the shorter side, so maybe she'd be a Louie partner. But Tony, and especially Jonathan, have paid their dues. Give them the ringers next season. I liked Cheryl a lot way back when but since her season with Gilles something seems off with her. She doesn't seem to really be enjoying herself as much, and I could blame last season partly on Chad. I think the whole showmance stuff and him hitting on her made it awkward. I'm betting on Derek coming back, and he and Mark are like a two for one deal. Mark's attitude really turned me off during season 9. I never cared much for him to begin with, but losing him first last season didn't ruin it for me. Dmitry is okay. I could do without him, but I can watch him. Just wish CA could reel it in. I also hope Karina isn't back, and I can do without Lacey as well. I really hope Kym is back, and Alec and Jonathan. I've already said Maks is must my have, and throw in Anna T., Chelsie, Edyta, Ashly, Louis, Tony, and Damian and I'm good

Still not many spoilers, and this time last year I think nearly all of the season 9 cast spoiled themselves. The show must really be keeping a lid on it again, or it may come down to the last minute like it seemed to last season. Given the fact that Jake's former beloved fiancee blasts him for being a mediawhore and that she's got a job outside the limelight, I guess (hope) we won't be seeing Vienna.

+ Reply to Thread