+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Did anybody catch John Schneider on the premiere of Hot in Cleveland with Betty White?
    He's still real easy on the eyes and I'd love to see him on this show!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think it was Karalott that posted the bit about Audrina Patridge. I would enjoy seeing her or Kristin Cavallari on the show, or maybe even Stephanie Pratt (I just like her for some reason). As long as they didn't get paired with Derek, then I would be happy. Just please please please, STAY AWAY FROM SPIEDI!

Oh, and since they're cutting AJ Cook from Criminal Minds (I am VERY angry about this) I wish she would take a crack at DWTS. It would keep her in the spotlight so maybe she could get another job quickly, as far as I can tell she is not a diva at all, and she has the figure for it. I think she'd be perfect.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

First Karina wants John Stamos, then Johnny Weir (fans are starting online petitions and already have a nickname for them-Team Weirnoff), now she's going for Corbin Bleu:

California Chronicle | Feeling Bleu

KARINA Smirnoff of "Dancing with the Stars" has her eye on "High School Musical" actor Corbin Bleu for her next dance partner. She was overheard telling people at a Muscle Milk event in LA how Bleu, who is currently playing the lead in Broadway's "In the Heights," would be a great partner. If she can't woo him, Smirnoff said, she wouldn't mind new "Glee" cast member John Sta mos. She also said country singer Billy Ray Cyrus taught her to square dance when they were partners in Season 4.
    Personally, I hope Karina gets passed over again. I doubt it'll happen, but it wouldn't be the first time a pro hasn't been brought back after a one season hiatus. And she jumped the gun last season in assuming she'd be back, maybe they'll call her bluff.

saw a Chris Jericho rumor yesterday on a couple of sites.

BTW, has anyone seen the reports that Julianne is dating....SEACREST?! Most.Random.Hookup.Ever

Oh, and I'm completely w/ you Karalott. Leave Karina out. She was not missed and will not be welcome back! (by me at least) Bring Back KYM!
    Last edited by RyMac; 06-25-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: forgot something

I did read about Julianne and Seacrest on people. I was shocked!!! Of course, what guy doesn't want her?

I also agree...leave Karina out. I'd rather have Julianne than Karina. But prefer Kym!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3950492;
    I did read about Julianne and Seacrest on people. I was shocked!!! Of course, what guy doesn't want her?

I also agree...leave Karina out. I'd rather have Julianne than Karina. But prefer Kym!
    Julianne and Ryan seem like an unlikely couple, but the pics of them together look like they are having fun. Whatever. I like her, can take him or leave him.

As for pros next season, I'm with everyone else. I missed Kym. I even missed Julianne and Lacey a little. Karina...I tuned her out the one time she was on. Never liked her. She just always looks and acts like such a sourpuss!

Judging from the comments here, she hasn't been missed much at all. She has way less followers on Twitter than Chelsie, Anna or Maks.

If there really is any truth to the rumors it's Maks or Karina, I hope the show goes with Maks. I'm biased of course, but when Maks was MIA for season 6, and had early exits for season 7, 8, and 9, he was missed. Karina barely made anything on the radar. There was a lot of missing Dmitry, and to a lesser extent Lacey and Kym, but not much said for Karina. I enjoy watching her dance. I'd probably rank her, dance wise, right behind Louis and ahead of the Ballas Brat Pack. Personality wise? She only ever came across as having fun and gracious when she was dating Maks. I think Maks finally found that place this season not to take it too seriously when it comes to this show. Karina/Johnny would be a battle of out-divaing each other. I'm sure the show might consider them a controversial ratings gold pair and the judges may be forced to love all of their little jabs and one liners at their expense (not to mention the other couples). Johnny wouldn't know when enough was enough, and Karina often isn't any better. I think they'd be a turn off for viewers, especially after Evan and Kristi. I'm hoping Anna got enough of a fan base built up and the show recognizes how much people like her that we don't go several seasons without seeing her again, or that she goes back to getting the unknown models and Steve Guttenbergs who have her gone by week 2. There's facebook groups and petitions already dedicate to Team Weirnoff (what is it with this show and nicknames?) I hope it doesn't happen. And if Johnny doesn't get Karina, hopefully he's nice to whoever he does get.

Only pros that I missed last season were Kym, Jonathan, and Alec. Dmitry I can take or leave.

And another potential rumor: Debi Nova, the singer from Costa Rica who made her debut on the show last year (being surrounded by dancing Derek, Damian, Dmitry, and Tony), has said she'd like to do the show. Not much in terms of rumors of anyone potentially being cast, just a lot of wishes from hopeful hoofers and the producers. Probably more will start leaking next month, as the cast gets revealed in August.
    Last edited by karalott; 06-25-2010 at 04:47 PM.

It would be "fun" to have Johnny Weir on just to see the costumes he comes dressed in........oh the diva he is.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Regular

Hi Karalott

You're post got me thinking about the relative popularity of the pros so I checked to see how many Twitter followers they all have. It was actually kind of surprising, but interesting to see what kind of fanbases they bring into their partnerships.

Julianne 121,364 (not surprised by this, since it includes her country music fans)
    Derek 58,878
    Cheryl 54,786
    Lacey 47,851 (this one surprised me. I didn't watch SYTYCD then, so no idea how popular she was)
    Maks 42,537 (but number one in my heart...so glad to see the real Maks and not the 'bad boy' character)
    Mark 37,861
    Chelsie 34,600
    Louis 21,232
    Tony 15,956 (not happy about this one)
    Karina 15,158 (higher than I expected, not happy about this one either)
    Anna 14,052 (I expected Anna to be a lot higher)
    Edyta 12,848 (This one too.)
    Kym 10,357
    Dmitry 7,706
    Jonathan 5,933
    Alec 3,191
    Damian 1,087
    Ashly 765

I realize not everyone uses Twitter, but it seems like a decent enough indicator of how big a fan base the pros bring along. Clearly, if it's a choice between Maks and Karina, Maks has more fans AND his fans are mostly women, so more likely the demographic of the show. I worry when I see some of my favorites Tony, Anna, Edyta, Kym and Jonathan in the middle of the group.

I find it funny that Karina seems to be campaigning for various partners when the pros really have no say in who they get. As I understand it, they're paired by height and potential chemistry.So, although Maks can say (at the CMT's) that Sheryl Crow wants to be on the show, he really doesn't have any influence on her being cast or her being his partner at all.

As for Debi Nova, she has ringer written all over her. She was on SYTYCD last night and she can already move.

I was going to ask why you were unhappy about Tony having that number of twitter followers, but then I read down further.

Since the "big" Vienna/Jake break up, and since ABC (along with those two) are going to make this into a bigger deal than it is, I wonder if this will keep Vienna controversial, in the spotlight, and potentially their new Melissa Rycroft. So even though the media spotlight should have longed died down by the fall, Vienna may get a reprieve and wind up on the show after all. I don't know how/if the show takes into account how popular a pro is online or how many requests they get to bring them back. Karina may not have seemed missed but her fans could have flooded ABC with angry letters wanting her return. And they did bring back Ashly, a pro not seen since season 3, over Kym, Lacey, and Karina, and added Damian, a newbie over the popular Dmitry and semi-regulars Jonathan and Alec. I never would have have guessed some of those pros would have gotten sacked.

As for Debi Nova, she has ringer written all over her. She was on SYTYCD last night and she can already move.
    I guess we know who Derek would get, then.

I find it funny that Karina seems to be campaigning for various partners when the pros really have no say in who they get. As I understand it, they're paired by height and potential chemistry.So, although Maks can say (at the CMT's) that Sheryl Crow wants to be on the show, he really doesn't have any influence on her being cast or her being his partner at all.
    Since the pros tend to have a built in fanbase already, I'm not sure the show would go for putting together an actual duo that already has facebook groups dedicated to them and a team nickname. Even Derek's fans aren't that rabid Cheryl wanted Evan and it seemed like a given she might get him since they were tweeting, and we know how that went. Also, Kate requested Maks but got Tony instead. Some pros might get more than on request (I'm sure they do) and likely don't get their first choice.

+ Reply to Thread