+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

I wouldn't mind seenig Paul O'Neill.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I read in my US Weekly that Hills star Audrina Partridge was supposed to be a member of the 10th season, but MTV axed the idea at the last minute. Dmitry had tweeted his partnership fell through, which makes me wonder if there's any truth to it. That was his reasoning as to why he wasn't asked back, but that never made sense, since they were able to find replacements for Jewel and Nancy O'Dell no problem That would have made it lopsided (7 female celebs to 5 male), and Louis tweeted not long after season 9 that there was only going to be 11 couples. Who knows, but I know Audrina has mentioned before she wanted to do the show. She beats Heidi, and I hope to God the show would have enough common sense to never cast her or her hubby.

I'm not a fan of either Johnny or Karina, so I could do without seeing either of them. I'd love to see a baseball player, but it would have to be someone who's no longer playing.
    I was somewhat missing Karina last season, but once I saw her in a pro dance, that cured me I'm sure she'll be back though. Makes me wonder if John Stamos and Johnny Weir were cast, who she'd want more (no brainer). She said she'd love to have John S. as a partner. Might make Johnny a little bitter, or even Karina if someone else got Uncle Jesse. Which would be fine with me, I'd hate to have to root for John in a pairing with Karina.

If Karina is back does that mean Maks is out next season? I thought it was in one of thier contracts that they will not work together?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3936076;
    If Karina is back does that mean Maks is out next season? I thought it was in one of thier contracts that they will not work together?
    There was a rumor but both denied it (rumor was that if one was back, the other wouldn't be). A lot of people blamed Maks for Karina not being cast last season, and of course added fuel to the rumor mill. I was happy to see Ashly after so many seasons, but it did surprise me a little that they'd cast her over Karina or Kym. Of course where I'm concerned, if it came down to Karina or Maks, it's no contest for me DWTS has shown it can replace the pros at the drop of a hat, so I can't believe anyone would be bold enough to make that ultimatium. I heard back in the early days, both Nick Kosovich and Brian Fortuna had some issues behind the scenes, and we never heard from them again. Whether that's true or not I don't know. Maks appears to have every intention of returning for season 11, but seems very busy so if he took off, I'd think it'd probably be his decision (and if Julianne returns along with Derek and Mark, we can probably figure out who will be walking off in the end with a trophy-again). Julianne gave an interview recently where she said the rumors of her returning were false but she didn't know yet, and wouldn't until later in the summer if she would be asked to return. So basically it sounds like if she's asked, she could be back. New album and movie coming out, so what better promotion than DWTS. Derek and Mark are probably sure things. I can't imagine the show axing them for a season, especially if Julianne were to return, but everyone else will probably have to sweat it out. I'd also count on seeing Dmitry, Karina, Lacey, and Kym. Jonathan and Alec the show probably could go another season without using.
    Last edited by karalott; 06-16-2010 at 02:02 AM.

Carrie Ann said in an interview that she's like to see Lindsay Lohan and Snooki do the show.
    Carrie Ann Inaba wants Lindsay Lohan on 'Dancing with the Stars' | OnTheRedCarpet.com

I guess she likes to watch train wrecks too.

FORT Newbie

edyta said on dr. phil yesterday that this year which i'm guessing both fall and spring season will be her last year on dwts

Quote Originally Posted by fleisher;3938330;
    edyta said on dr. phil yesterday that this year which i'm guessing both fall and spring season will be her last year on dwts
    Really? Thats too bad. Maybe she wants to try something else or start a family. Did she give any reasons why?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3939094;
    Really? Thats too bad. Maybe she wants to try something else or start a family. Did she give any reasons why?
    Edyta had said on Dr. Phil, when asked what their plan was for having children and how she'd juggle the show and motherhood, she said she'd probably be "maximum a year" before taking time off. She doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon. Given how I think the pro break down will happen for season 11, I feel like Edyta might come up short and be sitting out whether it's her choice or not. Despite the fact that DWTS is still a huge ratings hit, it is going into its 11th season, so I'm wondering how much longer it'll keep going. It took Ashly Costa 7 seasons before she finally got brought back. I hope it wouldn't take Edyta that long if she wanted to return.

I say that they give her a ringer next season, which would hopefully result in a long-awaited win. Then she can go take a break.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

I agree 100% because Edyta stuck with the show all 10 seasons and got partners with 2 left feet while other pros always got good partners

+ Reply to Thread