+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Looks like I've finally got the advantage over all you east coast fans. By the time the silly bachelor knockoff show is aired out here on the west coast the cast list will be all over the internet (and here) - sparing me the torture of watching the drivel. After the showboating is over we can all complain about the choices here tomorrow. Talk to you on the other side.

FORT Newbie

That's funny:
    BP = Bachelor Pad
    BP = Bristol Palin

Both duds!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4051968;
    I'm with you, Kara. I don't particularly want to sit through Bachelor Pad, but I don't want to miss the cast announcement. I'm sure during the show I'll be doing other things...laundry, dinner, chasing a 1yo and a 2yo but my eyes and ears will be peeled the whole time. Thank goodness for our DVR box and being able to rewind live television! Hey, maybe the kiddos will even go to bed on time (doubt it) and I can watch along with you guys.

4 hours! If I can't chime in tonight I will tomorrow!
    Good, we can suffer together Typically I tune out things on the results show I don't like by finding stuff to do, so while the show is on, I'll do the same. Who knew I'd care to tune into the commercials?

My question is, in past seasons, how did they generally announce the stars?
    They're doing a live press conference this time, so I'm not sure, except they're announcing the cast during the commercials. For season 8, Tom gave obvious hints with 2-3 stars at a time, then after a couple more commercials said who it was. Season 10 they just announced it quickly at the end. So probably something along those lines.

Sorry, I meant to specifically ask which shows did they announce it on or was it just during a press conference?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4052019;
    Sorry, I meant to specifically ask which shows did they announce it on or was it just during a press conference?
    It's going to be announced throughout the Bachelor Pad, I guess during the commercials. Not sure if we'll get the official pairings tonight or if they'll make us wait one more day for that, but we'll get the cast.

ETA: I looked ahead to GMA tomorrow, and it just said they'll have members of the new cast on. So they'll probably introduce the partners.

And looks like we know who Lacey stepped in for:

Edyta -- 'Dancing' Stomped on My Career Plans | TMZ.com

I'll agree with her that they've often treated Alec like crap-and 10 seasons with no win and often getting the short end of the stick with partners, I'd be peeved, too. I really hope this isn't true, or is blown out of proportion. But last season some pros seemed frustrated with the show, and with the absence of pros like Jonathan, Damian, and giving the long running partners to people like Lacey, Derek, and Mark, shows what direction they want. The show is nowhere as good as it used to be, and if the cast list turns out accurate, it's even worse.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-30-2010 at 07:17 PM.

I refuse to watch "Bachelor Pad", so I hope someone comes here to post the announcement.

Edyta -- 'Dancing' Stomped on My Career Plans | TMZ.com

I'll agree with her that they've often treated Alec like crap-and 10 seasons with no win and often getting the short end of the stick with partners, I'd be peeved, too. I really hope this isn't true, or is blown out of proportion.
    I wonder, if we read between the lines a bit, if this isn't also about how they've treated her too. What's she gotten? ONE real partner who was a viable contender when she's been on EVERY season? We joke about it here, but she's got to be aware herself that certain pros ALWAYS get the er... ringer celebs... um I mean "contenders".
    Last edited by Krom; 08-30-2010 at 08:04 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

If curiousity didn't have the best of me, I'd avoid it and catch it later.

Hmm, crying and a mean game asking who's the dumbest, meanest, and best enemy. Maybe this will be fun after all

Go Chelsie Kaye!

Chelsie is in Louisiana meeting her partner right now and Michael Bolton is also there on tour. Has anyone figured out who else is partnered up yet?

This is partly speculation, since the pairs aren't being confirmed until tomorrow, but my thoughts based on what I've heard:

Brandy/Maks (otherwise he has Audrina, but those are the two tallest female celebs, and Maks/Tony are the two tallest male pros)
    Audrina/Tony (following each other on twitter, and Tony's really excited. Hopefully she's better than I'm imagining).
    Bristol/Mark (confirmed on GMA)
    Jennifer/Derek (following and tweeting each other on twitter; hopefully he's out early this season)
    Florence/Corky (rumored via TMZ)
    Margaret/Louis (process of elimination)

Rick/Cheryl (following each other on twitter; he's the tallest male celeb so I'm wondering how they'll match up)
    David/Kym (height reasons)
    Kurt/Lacey, Anna
    Michael/Chelsie
    Situation/Karina (based on media speculation)
    Kyle/Lacey, Anna (height)

It's not 100% if Kym or Anna are back. The Situation can't start rehearsing until a week before the premiere, but lucky for him he's got a strong fanbase, I think. Unless Jennifer's the ringer or is beloved by the judges because of Derek, I may luck out having a Hough/Ballas free season mid-way. There were rumors that a new female pro was joining, so maybe that fell through and that's who Lacey stepped in for. We know for sure Anna Demidova, Edyta, Jonathan, Damian, and Dmitry are not back.

And since BP got a bump in ratings last night thanks to the cast announcement, you're welcome ABC.

+ Reply to Thread