+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4050946;
    You're welcome!

Dirty Dancing was 22 years ago. I never realized Jennifer's dad was a hoofer, but I'll wait and see how good she is before I judge. All I can say is that if she winds up being what Nicole will look like 30 years from now: lather, rinse, repeat. Tony gets an early first out clunker, Mark and Derek get the ringers, the people who were cast for publicity go further than expected because the show can't have stunt casting backfire on them and have to justify casting Michelle McGee next season. Lacey will bring her usual better than everyone, I'm a rebel but can't take the flack, attitude, Karina brings the pout, and Corky will be a dirty old perv who hopefully gets slapped by Florence. Haven't we seen this before?

If the Situation is cast, doesn't seem like he'll be able to devote much time to the show. I don't know if I can post the link, but the article I read mentioned he can't officially start rehearsing until September 8th, 12 days before the premiere (and they all have two dances to do before the first elimination). It said the other couples don't start until Monday. Maybe they just met this weekend for pre-show pictures and to see if any pros would run for the hills when they found out who they were partnered with I'm sad Jonathan is out again this season, but maybe he dodged a bullet again.

So it sounds like for locks, I'm going with Brandy, David, Audrina, the Situation, Florence, Jennifer, Kurt, and Bristol. So we're missing 4 if the other names rumored or allegedly confirmed turn out false.
    I just wanted to add to that that all the stories made a big deal at the time (and repeated them when the 20th anniversary came around) about how BAD of a dancer JG was. I seem to remember stories with Patrick where they finally said they just had to teach her the exact steps because she just wasn't getting it. If that is the case, I would hardly consider her to be a ringer.

Quote Originally Posted by moondust222;4051771;
    Looks like Ali and Roberto will both be in Dancing With the Stars!!!!

Dancing with the Stars Field to Include David Hasselhoff, Kirstie Alley & Jennifer Grey | ThirdAge

Dancing with the Stars is expected to kick off its 11th season with the likes of David Hasselhoff, Kirstie Alley and Jennifer Grey who are all on board to compete, Zap2it.com said Wednesday. The competitors are to be officially announced Monday but the Web site said rumors are flying regarding who will be on the show's roster for next season.

Also expected to be in the lineup are Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, Audrina Patridge, Florence Henderson, Brandy Norwood, Michael Bolton, Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez, Zap2it.com said.

The new season is slated to begin Sept. 20.

Read more: Dancing with the Stars Field to Include David Hasselhoff, Kirstie Alley & Jennifer Grey | ThirdAge
    Only reason I question this is because I thought Kirstie Alley already came out last week and explicitly said she is not doing it. So it sounds like some of this might be old information. I think Michael Bolton is also unlikely - given whoever did the research up above and all the conflicts with his concert schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4051629;
    Unless Tony traveled to London, I don't think Halle is his partner. She's been spotted out and about shopping there this weekend (thank you, Google ).

I don't know what to think about any of this, really. I just want at least ONE person I like on the show. Many on the rumored list I don't mind per se, but I don't particularly like them either. Hopefully some surprises are in store. And yes, I can already hear Bruno jumping around, waving his arms in the air, and screaming "No one puts Baby in a corner!!!" in my head. *shudders*.

My only other thought is... How the heck does Craig R. from Bachelorette know the cast list? I don't believe there is overlap in production staff, and I have a hard time believing anyone at ABC would risk the "big secret" by talking to Craig of all people about it. That tells me it'd likely be someone from the Bach/B'ette franchise on the cast, and they're the ones feeding him that info.
    Craig R is a lawyer and was credible on the Bachelorette, so I tended to believe him. Also, if CL has said no to be the next Bachelor, I could see Craig R being one of the contenders and he would be in contact with producers, etc, of the show and they might have passed on some info about the dwts new cast. Also, he is friends with Ali and Roberto, so if Ali is lying about being on the show, they might have been in contact with him. I doubt it though. I will be shocked if A/R are on the show. If they are, Ali is definitely a good liar or poker player.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Chris Harrison tweeted that the DWTS cast announcements will happen throughout Bachelor Pad this evening. So, I guess people will have to watch the whole show to get the whole cast.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4051805;
    Craig R is a lawyer and was credible on the Bachelorette, so I tended to believe him. Also, if CL has said no to be the next Bachelor, I could see Craig R being one of the contenders and he would be in contact with producers, etc, of the show and they might have passed on some info about the dwts new cast. Also, he is friends with Ali and Roberto, so if Ali is lying about being on the show, they might have been in contact with him. I doubt it though. I will be shocked if A/R are on the show. If they are, Ali is definitely a good liar or poker player.
    Totally off the radar thought - I just saw on the Bachelor Pad site that apparently Craig R. was at something in the last few days with a bunch of people from the show (past contestants, etc.) - he was apparently tweeting about it. Anyway, a comment was made that he was around another contestant - Gia - a lot and seemed to be smitten with her. Any possibility she could be the cross-over this year? She was pretty well liked during Jake's season and was just on Bachelor Pad (got kicked off last week). I just don't know - because she was F3 on Jake's season. So if that is the case, they are really reaching. But she is a bathing suit model - so if they looking for some eye candy or reason for guys to tune in, can't do much better than her!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4051842;
    Chris Harrison tweeted that the DWTS cast announcements will happen throughout Bachelor Pad this evening. So, I guess people will have to watch the whole show to get the whole cast.

I will just wait until tomorrow then.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Four reality stars? I hope the rumors about Ali/Roberto are false. Not one of these nobodies appeals to me. What happened to actually accomplishing something in the entertainment industry, no matter how small or how long ago.

I don't mind sitting through BP, even though putting rubbing alcohol on a cut would be a better time. But as long as they don't make me suffer like they did TB and just whoosh the cast by at the end in a blink and you missed them, I can live with 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. I'm dying to find out whether the rumored list proves accurate or not.

I just wanted to add to that that all the stories made a big deal at the time (and repeated them when the 20th anniversary came around) about how BAD of a dancer JG was. I seem to remember stories with Patrick where they finally said they just had to teach her the exact steps because she just wasn't getting it. If that is the case, I would hardly consider her to be a ringer.
    Now that you mention it, I remember hearing that. I'd love for Derek to finally have to endure an over 30 partner who had no rhythm. Jennifer Gray may be famous for that movie, but I don't know where her fanbase is today and whether it'll get her through. With my luck, she'll be just good enough to get undeserved praise from the 3 Stooges. I can already picture how they'll say 'nobody puts Baby in corner'.

FORT Fogey

The dirty dancing Jennifer Grey fans might be the perfect age to be watching this show!! I love her, and have not watched the past 2 seasons due to the cast...couldn't stomach Donny O. and Tom DeLay, and no way was Kate the mean mommy gonna entice me, and no one else last season excited me.

Halle Berry, Florence (she should be with Derek!) and Jennifer Grey, even Michael Jordan! might get me back...

I'm with you, Kara. I don't particularly want to sit through Bachelor Pad, but I don't want to miss the cast announcement. I'm sure during the show I'll be doing other things...laundry, dinner, chasing a 1yo and a 2yo but my eyes and ears will be peeled the whole time. Thank goodness for our DVR box and being able to rewind live television! Hey, maybe the kiddos will even go to bed on time (doubt it) and I can watch along with you guys.

4 hours! If I can't chime in tonight I will tomorrow!

I am a DWTS fan, and have watched every season. I have not paid any attention to spoilers ringers and everything else that makes us go bonkers when trying to figure out spoilers.

My question is, in past seasons, how did they generally announce the stars?

+ Reply to Thread