+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4050179;
    I saw the Eliza rumor on another site, coming from the same source that put Margaret Cho and Rick Fox out there. That's the only spot, and since I'd love for it to be true, it probably won't be

Karina/Situation was printed in InTouch online, and Tony recently started following Audrina on twitter. She's 5'7", so too tall for Mark, and would just be making it with Louis or Derek. I guess the show is giving Derek his due with Jennifer and trying to say he's not their fave, but she may go far if she can move better than I'm expecting. I don't know how she'll do name base wise but she's with Derek, so she's probably good for awhile.
    TY for info. I do think Tony gets Audrina because the poor guy has no luck. She is going to be stiff as a board. Grey might not have big fanbase but she can dance and Derek's can hold them for weeks. If I were one of the pros I'd be sick of him never getting a clunker. Why not give him Florence? We all know that is never going to happen. Pathetic.

I'm not too into Eliza but I do think Fox is hot. lol I really thought Situation would be best with Lacey. They would mesh well.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Yeah, I figured poor Tony would get Florence or Audrina. I'll wait for it to be official. I don't know what dance experience, if any, Jennifer has (Dirty Dancing aside), but I won't be happy until that boy gets someone who makes Kate look like a pro. If she can half move accordingly, the judges will gloss over her flaws and Derek will amp up the gimmicks to give pleasing routines (and get away with it). I know where Margaret Cho stands on her politics and the Palins, so I really hope there's not a lot of grandstanding and spouting off political opinions. It's why I don't watch award shows anymore (among others). At the rate it's going, the only part of this season I won't be FF through will be when Maks is on my screen! I'm hoping Jennifer isn't that good, or whoever Derek gets, and goes out early.

And I'm really hoping 99% of these names are false. Wonder if Maks will get Brandy. I think she's the next tallest celeb that's been rumored. I also thought the Situation/Lacey were a pair made in heaven, but maybe too stereotypical. They may want someone who will go toe to toe and not let him get away with any slacking. I hope Lacey doesn't wind up with Kurt

ETA: TMZ has reported Corky is back to partner Florence He was disgusting with Cloris, so poor Florence. They have no problem pairing 80 year old men with the 20 year old female pros, but have to bring in Corky for the older women What a season...Mark, Corky, Derek, Lacey, Karina, on top of some of the casting rumors. E! is reporting Rick Fox and Michael Bolton have indeed signed up for the show. If this cast is the best DWTS can come up with, I think they better hang it up while they still have some dignity left.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-27-2010 at 09:08 PM.

FORT Fogey

Alright are you kidding the Situation and Bristol Palin? That is just going to the bottom of the barrel. I have no idea whom Audrina Partridge is.

I'm still skeptical. The rumors are flowing too freely and ABC can't do anything but confirm or deny, but considering how tightly they've tried keeping these lists the last two seasons, either it's all a pre-show stunt and we get an entirely different list read on Monday, or they need to fire whoever let the cat out of the bag. Why I'm inclined to believe the Bristol rumor is what I said above: I would think the Palin camp would have denied it the second it came out. Melissa Rycroft hinted at a big name, and Bristol would fit that. She also hinted that people would be surprised at the cast, but happy. She got 1 right on that Also, rumors were last season Audrina was supposed to be on but MTV wouldn't let her. Why would they The Situation? He said on Leno he wanted to do it back in July or June, and that alone could get the media frenzy going. Margaret Cho just seems like an unlikely candidate all around.

So either the cast is the best kept secret ABC's ever had, or this is it. Maybe it won't be as bad as it's looking. But since fall seasons are typically a let down...

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4050465;
    So either the cast is the best kept secret ABC's ever had, or this is it. Maybe it won't be as bad as it's looking. But since fall seasons are typically a let down...
    I really, really hope the former is the correct option here. There isn't a single person on this rumored cast list I could give two hoots about seeing on the show. I liked Eliza on Buffy, but... that was how many years ago? And they couldn't even give us an Olympian this time? They're usually my favorites. But we get yet another football player. Blah. And Corky?

Margaret Cho actually makes perfect sense. She plays an assistant on Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva. ABC owns Lifetime.

If the Bristol rumor is true, that means more stupid Levi behavior. Whoop-de-doo-dah. He was already on E! tonight saying he retracts his apology. He is so ridiculous. As I said in regards to Jake many, many times: GO AWAY!

Yeah, he re-tracts his apology until his hooks back up with Bristol. He's such a lying, fameseeking weasel. Why does the media waste its time on him? He's already admitted lying about Palin family affairs. I'm sure he'll become an insider expert on the show if Bristol is there. But, since he wanted to do the show and claimed he was approached at one point (which the show laughed off), it must eat at him just a little But this is what we have Kate's casting to thank for. It's not like the producers will learn their lessons, either. They'll just assume the audience isn't there and cancel it rather than admit casting nobodies that are famous for nothing except getting drunk and popping kids out on reality TV did the show in. I pity the pros.

On the list, there's really only a couple of people that I dislike. It's not that I don't like most of the names rumored, I just don't care for them. Brandy and Kurt Warner, and Eliza if that's true. Margaret Cho just didn't seem like someone who'd agree to do it (and I had no idea ABC owned Lifetime-guess I'm losing more channels than I thought if Time Warner and ABC don't reach a deal).

This season it's actually 5 pros that I'm disliking or immensely disliking seeing their return. I hoped I had seen the last of Corky and Lacey. Derek and Mark I realize aren't going anywhere, and I figured Karina would be back at some point. But I was still hopeful. I guess they don't have room for the quiet, don't overshadow their partners and have complete attitude pros like Jonathan, Dmitry, and Ashly. There were some Olympians rumored early on (Johnny Weir and Nastia Lukin expressed interest in doing it), but I don't think it'd be the first season without one.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4050472;
    On the list, there's really only a couple of people that I dislike. It's not that I don't like most of the names rumored, I just don't care for them. Brandy and Kurt Warner, and Eliza if that's true. Margaret Cho just didn't seem like someone who'd agree to do it (and I had no idea ABC owned Lifetime-guess I'm losing more channels than I thought if Time Warner and ABC don't reach a deal).

There were some Olympians rumored early on (Johnny Weir and Nastia Lukin expressed interest in doing it), but I don't think it'd be the first season without one.

Whoops, I actually goofed. ABC doesn't own Lifetime. Disney owns ABC and Lifetime. Sorry about that! Besides the myriad of Disney channels, Disney owns ABC, ABC Family (which Bristol already appeared on in one of their shows), Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network, all incarnations of ESPN, SoapNet, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting. The Kenny Mayne casting way back in the day, along with Erin Andrews, also made the same sense as Cho being cast... all of them are essentially Disney employees.

It's definitely been a long while since no Olympians. Season 10: Evan. Season 9: Natalie and Louie (he was about to be an Olympian, anyway). Season 8: Shawn. Season 7: Misty May. Season 6: Kristi. Season 5: Was there one then?
    Season 4: Apollo. I can't remember about Seasons 1-3. Big let down for me, if this is right. Although, if Weir had been cast, I might've torn my hair out before the season even began. I cannot stand that guy, at all.

If Bristol was offered it, I don't begrudge her for accepting it. How else would a girl her age make that (potential) kind of money? I'd go for it too. My problem with the casting is just that 1. I don't see how she's even a minor star and 2. We'll get more of Mr. Foot in Mouth disease, aka Levi. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Bristol's mom, I don't see how anyone can look at that guy and not conclude that his behavior is utterly pathetic.
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 08-28-2010 at 05:57 AM.

I just saw photos of The Hoff (David Hasselhoff) in Germany @ The Dome 55yesterday the 27th on Getty. Weren't the pros supposed to be meeting their partners Friday? Would they have arranged for him to meet his and take publicity pics later for a prior engagement or does this mean that maybe he's not competing? Or are they meeting today?

I really hope the Hoff aint on. I just dont. im not a big fan of his. Also I hope Florence isnt on. Not that I dont like her, I just dont want her on this show. Same goes for Margeret Cho

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4050499;
    I just saw photos of The Hoff (David Hasselhoff) in Germany @ The Dome 55yesterday the 27th on Getty. Weren't the pros supposed to be meeting their partners Friday? Would they have arranged for him to meet his and take publicity pics later for a prior engagement or does this mean that maybe he's not competing? Or are they meeting today?

Often the pros fly to wherever the celeb is, especially in the beginning of the season before the show even starts. Jonathan had to fly to Europe during season 9 because Macy Gray was on tour then, and Chelsie recently tweeted she was heading to Louisiana (which may or may not be partner related). According to Derek, they were meeting their partners yesterday, but maybe the others will meet their's the rest of the weekend.

Nothing's official until the show makes it. Since the media has been all over certain celebs being signed and a done deal, and he's one of them who hasn't denied it, that's the only reason I believe there's some truth. But he mentioned way back he'd love to do the show, so that could easily get turned into he's doing it for sure and the media runs with it. Michael Bolton is performing throughtout the fall on Mondays and Tuesdays, and Margaret has her own things going on, so I'll be somewhat surprised if those two turn out to be true.

It's definitely been a long while since no Olympians. Season 10: Evan. Season 9: Natalie and Louie (he was about to be an Olympian, anyway). Season 8: Shawn. Season 7: Misty May. Season 6: Kristi. Season 5: Was there one then?
    Season 4: Apollo. I can't remember about Seasons 1-3. Big let down for me, if this is right. Although, if Weir had been cast, I might've torn my hair out before the season even began. I cannot stand that guy, at all.

If Bristol was offered it, I don't begrudge her for accepting it. How else would a girl her age make that (potential) kind of money? I'd go for it too. My problem with the casting is just that 1. I don't see how she's even a minor star and 2. We'll get more of Mr. Foot in Mouth disease, aka Levi. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Bristol's mom, I don't see how anyone can look at that guy and not conclude that his behavior is utterly pathetic.
    Techinically, Evander Holyfield could qualify as he won the bronze. I don't think season 2 or 3 had any Olympians, even those who weren't identified as such (like Apolo, Kristi, etc). The basketball player in season 4 and Monica Seles in season 6 had also won at the games. I don't mind Bristol taking any opportunity that comes her way, but it bugs me that she'll scoff at Levi being too media happy and opportunistic, but then does the same thing. The term star could be used loosely with a lot of past contestants from recent seasons especially, but she's probably bottom of the barrell. I'd feel the same about any politicians kids who are famous by association. However, Levi is in the same league as Tila Tequila. A star in his own mind who got lucky he knocked up a Palin. All the trash talking he does and doesn't realize people only want dirt on his sons family.

I'm still thinking there will be some surprises Monday night. I've said before I don't mind Johnny, but I'm thinking by the end of the season I definitely will if he's cast. Also since a full on ringer hasn't been revealed that's a name being kept under wraps.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-28-2010 at 04:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread