+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

This is going to sound really random, but I was looking through the NOH8 Campaign pictures, and I found this:

It's captioned "DWTS Group Shot." I understand why Louis, Niecy, Brooke, Denise, Marissa (bottom right, didn't recognize her either!), and Marlee are there, but why are Kimberly Locke and Perla Hudson also there?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Who is Perla Hudson?

Her name was listed in the caption, but I had no clue either! I looked her up, and apparently she's the wife of the musician Slash.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

'Dancing with the Stars' to announce next round of dancers during live press conference | EW.com

'Dancing with the Stars' to announce next round of dancers during live press conference

Hoping to further capitalize on one of its top-rated shows, ABC will telecast a live press conference to reveal the celebrity cast for the next edition of Dancing with the Stars on Monday, Aug. 30. The new group of hoofers will be introduced by Dancing co-hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke during an episode of Bachelor Pad.

This is the first time in the show’s history that a live press conference was scheduled to unveil the participants.

The next edition of Dancing will bow Monday, Sept. 30. This season, the show will once again feature the ”Macy’s Stars of Dance” segment that will showcase choreographers and performers from different styles of dance.
    So Brooke is back And I really could care less about Macy's Stars of Dance. Give me more pro performances. I wish they'd let Kenny Mayne and Dance Center announce the cast like they did for season 6. I read how Strictly Come Dancing is announcing their cast, and it sounded cheesy, so I hope this live press conference isn't along the same lines. Oh well, as long as it doesn't make me sit through Bachelor Pad until the end to see the new cast be announced in a hurry. I'm kind of curious how this will work. But I'm already getting bad vibes about this season.

I wonder if they will announce them throughout the show and not all at once.

Odd. Either it's a pointless build-up for a mediocre cast, or it's a stellar cast. Just odd.

Anyone thinking that one of The Hills girls will be on this season? Not sure that any of them have anything lined up.

Reportedly, Audrina Patridge had to pull out from last season because MTV wouldn't allow her to do the show. Dmitry said he wasn't on last season because his partnership fell through at the last minute, so if she was scheduled to be on she might show up this season. I wasn't sure if I bought that, as it was announced way before the pros found out there were only 11 couples that season. And besides, they easily found replacements for Jewel and Nancy when they had to drop out. Someone did in season 4, too (can't remember who but John Ratzenberger filled in). I had heard her name come up before as wanting to do it. I don't know anything about her but it beats the media freakshow known as Speidi.

The last 3 fall editions have paled in comparision to the spring editions, and if Derek gets another ringer, Mark gets a ringer, Lacey and Karina are back, Jonathan, Edyta, and Tony get the clunkers, and they throw in novelty dances like the two step and lambada again, I'll be looking forward to the spring Of the names rumored, Kurt Warner is the only one I'm excited about. Strictly Come Dancing is doing some big live red carpet presentation of their cast announcement, but the only thing that sounds interesting of their cast reveal is that the pros are meeting their partners live for the first time on TV. I can only imagine the reaction we would have seen when Tony found out he was being paired with Kate I hope they don't wait until the end and reveal the cast in a big hurry, but it doesn't sound like that.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-18-2010 at 02:39 AM.

Ali had recently tweeted she was out on job interviews, doubt she'd be doing that if she'd been cast for DWTS. I hope she's not on, I like her, but not for this.

What about Kristen Dalton, Miss USA 2009? I know she wanted to do it, and it looks from some of her recent tweets like she'll be moving to L.A. shortly

Chelsie_Fan asked for a list of those who've been rumored to do the show this season. It's mainly been athletes/reality celebs who've been brought up but so far, with about a week before the official live announcement, here's who we have:

Kurt Warner (semi-confirmed by Chad and other sources)
    Ali and Roberto (job searching may be a red herring or could be put off until the show stops filming)
    Sig Hansen (has recently said he wouldn't be on this season, but who knows)
    "The Situation" (said on Leno he wants to do the show)
    Johnny Weir
    Landon Donovan
    Cheryl Cole
    Kirstie Alley
    David Hasselhoff
    Tony Blair
    Sarah Ferguson
    Chantel Sutherland
    Nikki Blonsky
    Ryan O'Neal
    Real Housewives lady

And according to Melissa, there's a big name in the cast and fans should be happy. I guess we'll find out whether that's ABC hype or not. Kind of a sad looking list, really

Pros are supposed to find out tomorrow who's back.

FORT fan

Well, Sarah Ferguson would be a big name. I know the People article is supposed to be their wishlist, but it's my belief that they are also helping with the hype. That said I'm sure some of the ones on their wishlist are indeed just wishful thinking and not doing the show but....Lindsey Lohan would be a BIG name. And I saw something about her future in rehab being in question. The only person who could handle her is Tony, IMO. The man is a saint.

+ Reply to Thread