+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

You know, come to think about it - watching the eliminated dancers I did get to see dance a new dance, (I didn't see Shannen's dance), I think the ONLY one I truly enjoyed watching again was Buzz because - good, bad or whatnot, he appreciated his experience, was truly humble about it and really seemed to have fun tonight dancing.

I found Niecy and Pam's dances just a rather raunchy, Jake just bores me (though Vienna did look lovely), and Kate... good gravy on burnt tofu... what the hell were they thinking allowing her to do that? (well, save probably getting Tom to finally in all his years hosting any show to truly break his host persona and not be able to control his laughing at the ridiculousness of it).

BTW, in case you're wondering, I did think Erin's free was a little risque last night, but unlike Niecy and Pam's dances she and Maks kept the dance elegant and she didn't rely on shaking everything or crawling over Maks in order to drip sex appeal. Mind you I expected it from Pam, but frankly, I was a little disappointed in Niecy here - I would've loved to have seen her do another quickstep or some sort of fun dance where she was beautiful and elegant as well as a little sexy.

The ONLY dance I missed was seeing Chad dance again - I liked him in most of his dances (and not because of his physique - there was something endearing with watching a football player dance here), and he had fun. Also, while Cheryl can annoy me a bit, but out of the double winners, she's the only one who seems to be levelheaded and remembers the show is also about her partner, not her. Sadly, I think if they do sideline some of the winners, she'd be put in there before Derek, who REALLY I think needs a time out to grow up and remember the show is "Dancing with the Stars of TV, sports and the like," not "Dancing with the Derek Hough."

Come to think of it, I'm not so disappointed Nicole won in as much that Derek did for that reason. She may be a ringer, but she did have fun, and for a skinny gal, sure is strong (the "quickstep" freestyle they did during Hollywood week she picked up Derek in an arm carry for a couple of beats).

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3914175;
    All this ringer talk is wearing me out. I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but at the end of the day, this was the only season I've really enjoyed since Apollo's and it is because of the great cast and excellent dancing. Nicole and Evan are exquisite. And, I adored the rest of the cast - except Kate (but I have to admit that her foolishness made for some good television...what a twit).
    I think the only reason people are bugged about the whole issue with "Ringers" is that Nicole - who had dancing experience - was paired up with a very strong dancer/choreographer. And frankly one that irks many many people - to be nice (and yes, he does me, it's getting to his head).

I think had she been paired up with a different partner, the furor wouldn't be AS bad, but the fact she was part of a girl band that does dance in their performances, I think that didn't help things either.

You're also spot on in that Kate seemed to be the only one who wasn't into the whole process of the instructors actually teaching them to dance. I really don't think she danced many times this season.

LOVED this season from beginning to end (well, I wish Shannon and Aiden would have lasted at least beyond Kate, and I hate to say it, Buzz).
    One minor thing here - Buzz I believe was the second one voted out, and Aiden was the third or fourth. He did outstay Buzz by a week, but sadly (I agree) not Kate - Aiden was a MUCH better dancer.

Am I the only one who is aware that Erin has dance experience also. Where is the outrage for that? Evan is also used to learning routines for skating I mean really the word ringer is thrown at Nicole like she some how hide her dancing ability to get on this show to steal that Trophy from all of two left foot dancers on the show.

I am happy for Nicole and Derek! Maybe when someone like Master P or Kate finds a way to stick around from fan votes and win we can finally put all this silly ringer talk to rest.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3914190;
    Am I the only one who is aware that Erin has dance experience also. Where is the outrage for that? Evan is also used to learning routines for skating I mean really the word ringer is thrown at Nicole like she some how hide her dancing ability to get on this show to steal that Trophy from all of two left foot dancers on the show.

I am happy for Nicole and Derek! Maybe when someone like Master P or Kate finds a way to stick around from fan votes and win we can finally put all this silly ringer talk to rest.
    Erin may have had dance experience, but no way was she anywhere at the level of Nicole. I would rather the show be full of people like that who have to learn, and where you wonder each week how they'll improve, fix this flaw, how they'll do this routine. Someone like Nicole, you already know. There's no mystery as to whether she'll nail it or not. It's a bigger question as to whether Len will join in in giving her a 10. She's a fantastic dancer, but seeing someone like her advance week after week when other couples are struggling is no fun, at least for me. And the judges couldn't have made it more clear week after week what advantage she had. Even Mel B had stuff to work on and improve with. Mario Lopez got dinged big time by breaking traditional dance rules. Part of my dislike for her and Derek is because of the show/judges, and part of my disliking them is because of them. But was tonight really much of a shock? Even Erin and Evan knew it was coming. It's a fun little dance show that isn't worthy getting worked up over I realize, but if the show keeps up the trend of the same pros always lucking out, and the predictable happening, the show won't last. It might even discourage potential hoofers from signing on because they figure they'll have no chance.

I doubt we'd ever see a Master P or Kate type win. That's what the last judges dances are for
    Last edited by karalott; 05-26-2010 at 02:30 AM.

I actually probably wouldn't have minded the outcome so much if they had not replayed that scene where Nicole is talking about herself as being on a different level from everyone else.
    I'm glad I missed the last hour of tonight's show and just switched from the Good Wife at the very last minute only to see Nicole's overly dramatic and fake thanking of the viewers.
    Sorry but that was a total cr*pfest
    To Thine Own Self Be True

ITA with karalott. Nicole doesn't have "some dance experience," she earns a living doing exactly what was required for her to win this competition. I blame the show for that. Did I just hear tonight that Nicole & Derek earned more points this season than anyone else in the history of the show? That's a pretty good clue that it was out of balance from the beginning.

Just wanted to say I'm REALLY PISSED AT LEN!! Why did he have to go and say Nicole should win the trophy RIGHT BEFORE EVAN WAS GOING TO DANCE?? I think that's the first time I've ever seen a judge say something like that in the finals.

Another first I think is the judges not just giving a rubberstamp perfect 30 to the final two couple's last dances. I've been watching DWTS regularly since season 4 and I could've sworn that it was an automatic 30 for the final two couples regardless of how well they danced.

And another thing I noticed was that for the finals couples there didn't seem to be that much campaigning for votes as there as been in previous seasons. Usually they showed at least an event or two where the couples would try and drum up some votes, but I didn't see much of that this year. All in all even though it seemed likely that Nicole was going to take it, I wished they'd at least made the judges scores closer and have stupid Len NOT shout out that he thought Nicole should win. This was definitely the least suspenseful trophy winner announcerment EVER!
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

I have seen the Pussycat Dolls perform and nothing they do compares to ballroom dancing. I like Evan but his Ice skating is closer to Ballroom dancing then the Hip Hop that Nicole does on stage.

We see what we see I guess. YMMV but Imo Nicole won this thing through hard work and an excellent pro in Derek. When I want a dance Champion I want someone who can actually dance. I would have had no problems with Evan either he is a good dancer also.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Question for the veterans who have watched more than the two seasons I've seen: How often does the celebrity expected to win from the beginning actually win? Was this the first time? Or is that typical?

FORT Fogey

What a perfect end to a great season! The best dancer won! I did feel badly for Anna. She seemed really upset. She has a long way to go though. Anna made a lot of errors this week. Better luck next time, Anna.

+ Reply to Thread