+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I think Derek's win record is proof that he is excellent at what he does. Derek is not my favorite Pro, Maks is. I voted for Nicole because she was the best. I am not going to hold Derek against her. I guess kind of like it is not her fault she is on the show with dance experience.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Evan is a total class act and I am so proud of him for finishing FIRST among the non-professional dancers. Way to go, Evan!! You will always be the best in my book.

So I guess we know the formula for next season, if the ratings were so good this time: One whack job who doesn't belong there, and one ringer who doesn't belong there. Clearly that's the winning ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3914059;
    Well, I hope any pro not named Derek, Mark, Lacey, or Karina wins. I guess whoever gets 10s the earliest, has the most dance experience, and gets Mark for a partner (or Julianne if she's back). That'll be your winner Unless they try and give Derek the first 3peat win ever.

I hope next season there's no stunt casting, no polarizing celebs, everyone on near equal footing, and some pros who haven't been so lucky finally get to show what they're made of. Erin/Maks and Evan/Anna, you made my season! I wouldn't have had any fun otherwise.
    A three-peat is winning it three seasons in a row. In order for Derek to accomplish that, he will have to win the next two seasons.

The reason I say this is because Donny Osmond won last season, and therefore he had a female dancing partner (and it wasn't Julianne unless I'm mistaken).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now, my assessment:

1. The judges pretty much told us who won this contest before it was over. They also ensured that any advantage Evan and Anna may have had over Derek and Nicole was negated with TWO nines. Again, there was NO reason to give the duo that score - none.

2. They need to get Hough off for at least a season or two. He is a terrific dancer I'll agree - but he is rubbing so many fans the wrong way with his cockiness and arrogance in particular. By getting him off a season or so - at least as an alternate dancer - it will show ABC if he really is popular or not, and it'll give Derek a chance to grow and learn that his attitude is really aggravating people.

I guess let me put it in another perspective - on "Survivor" I really did not like Jerri her first two seasons. She was as she said the first true bitch on the show. That said... it's been several seasons and years since her last appearance, and she grew a lot. She became a sweetheart this season and people were rooting for her to win (and sadly she could've if Russel didn't snatch that necklace out of her hands. )

IMHO I can see Derek mature and become a popular dancer for his humbleness and dancing if this happens. Frankly, I'd do this with Mark as well.

3. I HATED that Kate used "I Will Survive" in her "dance." She didn't dance and instead mugged for the audience . Kelly Osbourne used it as her freestyle last season and did a heck of a better job (then again, I find her a lot classier believe it or not than Kate.)

4. I did however love that the whole antics that are Kate did actually make the normally unflappable Tom Bergeron break his normally straight-faced act. That was cute.

5. Evan and Anna were very classy, which is quite telling for this duo who IMHO were treated rather poorly by the judges. Even the first season controversy pales in comparison IMHO - and that's saying something. To me, that alone shows they are truly winners inside and out.

Out of the final two - I enjoyed Evan's more because he was learning and improving. I will say the only dance I truly enjoyed of Nicole's was her "Pretty Woman" one - if only because she really did slap Derek.

And even that week - I found Evan's Samba to the "Armageddon" theme much more interesting and beautiful.

All in all, I have to admit it's a disappointing finale - not because Nicole and Derek won in as much as they were practically declared winners before Evan and Anna won. Well that and Derek apparently thinks that the show revolves around him - and that his partner is second rate (sadly - this is another reason I didn't want Nicole to win - I didn't want her to be basically slapped in the fact when Derek gets lifted up for the win and not her UNTIL Aiden picked her up.)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3914108;
    I'm without words,

I just can't get over the fact that Nicole is, was, and always will be a professional dancer IMO. The fact that they cast her in the first place only means they did it for the ratings. It was NOT fair to Erin and Evan to have to compete against her and Derek (of all pros). They took what was probably the best cast ever and made it a mockery, again IMO. Because the fan vote was probably extremely close all season, the judges did what they had to to ensure that their pet(s) won. Nobody will convince me otherwise.
    Well, it is the best-most-talked-about season ever, so they needed the most fitting outcome. This season could have been so much better, had it not been for the favoritism shown Nicole/Derek, stunt casting Kate, and of course all other couples not getting tongue bathed. I like Julianne but cringe what her possible return in the fall will bring. Especially having all 3 of them there I agree that this last vote for the judges scores is all about getting the outcome they want. They pleaded to the judges why they should win because they had the final say. Ranking them instead of scoring them, with Nicole in the mix, was a waste of time. You could see it on Erin/Maks and Evan/Anna's faces that they knew they weren't winning. My heart still hurts for Anna Erin brought something out in Maks I'd never seen, and Evan did the same to Anna. Those partnerships as a whole are what this show is all about. The show better not give her the boot or go back to giving her crappy partners. If they plan on sitting pros out each season because of the fewer couples, Mark, Derek, and Cheryl get my nomination for next season. I really couldn't believe Mark had to run down (wonder if he knocked Shannen over along the way) and put Derek on his shoulders. We didn't even see Evan/Anna getting congratulated in the end by anyone. And really tacky Derek couldn't let go of the mirrorball. Deja vu to season 7.

A three-peat is winning it three seasons in a row. In order for Derek to accomplish that, he will have to win the next two seasons.
    You know what I mean, first 3 time winner

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;3914096;
    I was forced to miss tonight's show. I have to say that I think Derek is a truly superb choreographer and a wonderful dancer. I would cheerfully pay to see him and Nicole dance. They did fabulous things together, definitely better than anything seen on the show before. AFTER ALL, THEY ARE BOTH PROS!!

Given that Nicole should never have been on the show in the first place, I'd give it to Erin and Maks based on the last night's performances, mostly on the freestlye.

Evan's greatest weakness continued to be that he usually looked as if he was dancing--superbly--by himself. The redemption waltz was one time when that was not true.
    Actually to be fair - Evan's solo in the Paso Doble last week (The one to "Bring me to Life" is a. used in said dance and b. The Paso Doble the man is SUPPOSED to dominate.

This is the other burr with me on Nicole and Derek - they seem to be the only pair this season who broke dancing rules twice - they did a "quickstep" that was more a freestyle/broadway this season (the "Anything Goes" one - and even then Len who called them out on it, said it wasn't dancing, gave them an 8), and then the illegal lift last night.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3914119;
    You know what I mean, first 3 time winner
    LOL... OK, but I don't want his ego boosted by thinking he could be the first literal three-peat winner. Then we'd never hear the end of it next season... and it'd be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3914109;
    I think Derek's win record is proof that he is excellent at what he does. Derek is not my favorite Pro, Maks is. I voted for Nicole because she was the best. I am not going to hold Derek against her. I guess kind of like it is not her fault she is on the show with dance experience.
    With respect, Derek's win record would be more impressive if he had won with partners who were not of Nicole's caliber. I'd love to see what he'd do with a Niecey or a Kelly Osborn or a Susan Lucci or Mellisa (the teenage witch person). I love his choreography - he really is amazing - but he's never been handed a real clunker. Not his fault (that we know of).

Nicole is an excellent dancer, but she was getting 10's since Week 2. I loved seeing everyone else progress throughout the show.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just getting to watch here on west coast time. Must confess I just CRIED when Maks said, "I already won the first time I saw Erin happy." IMHO, this show holds second place to the issue of how badly they needed each other at this point in their lives. Maks needed to be needed, and Erin needed to feel safe.

Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I was praying for an Evan and Anna upset but I knew in my heart it wasn't going to happen. What was really crappy was not giving them a 30 on their last dance. It was great and they could have gone out perfect. They already knew they lost before they even stepped on the dance floor so why deprive them of the 30? That seemed classless of the judges.

Kate dancing to I Will Survive was insane. Dear Lord...a trillion people out there would love to have running water and a meal and this ungrateful nitwit is on a show whining even now. Just go away already.

I can do without Derek for a season or two. I'm sure he'll come back to the winner of SYTYCD as his next partner. lol

If Mark and Julieanne are both there next season I have no doubt both will contend and go far. I wouldn't be shocked to see one of them win either,karalott so my money is on one of them being first 3 time winner and it happening sooner rather than later.

And while I'd love to see Tony get someone great and Chelsie have a turn with a real contender I doubt it will happen for either especially Chelsie with Julieanne coming back. Maks will be back to a clunker as will Anna next season.

+ Reply to Thread