+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3914042;
    I'm happy for all of the stars, I think they all had a great time and they all danced their hearts out.

Once the stunt-cast celebs were out of the way, I was really happy with this season! I got more invested into it than I did season 9.

Congrats to Nicole & Derek! I'll be watching Kimmel later, and hopefully seeing video of GMA whenever I wake up tomorrow.

And thanks to all the FORT members for another great, debate filled season! See you in September!
    I told you! Maybe they can cast a ringer that I like next season, and pair her/him with someone I like. I'm over the trio.

FORT Newbie

Derek and Nicole were good. However, it is very disappointing that the judges would vote in a way that would result in a 7 point difference between Evan and Nicole. In my opinion, there was not that much of a discrepancy in the dances. It was the judges’ way of discounting the popular votes. Overall, it seems so disrespectful to Evan and Anna.

Kudos to Erin and Mak for their great performances during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3914017;
    She won! I knew it!
    Kara, you said Nicole would win from the first week! Can you predict next season's winner now (Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you could)!

Thanks for all your great FoRT contributions every season with regard to DWTS.

And I know everyone rooting for Evan and Erin are disappointed but it's a fun dance show and hopefully they'll get other fun opportunities that spring from this. I hoped Evan and Erin would both make it to the final and they did, so that's cool!

Have a great night everyone!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by deanna42;3914038;
    Snooky, I totally agree. As soon as I heard the judges tearing Evan and Anna's freestyle dance apart, I turned off the TV. I couldn't stand to watch another Nicole-Derek gush-fest.
    I know. It wouldn't be so frustrating if I didn't feel the judges deliberately low-balled Evan and Anna, and were overly gushy about Nicole and Derk (looking at you, Carry Ann), for the past several weeks. Their favoritism really soured me on this entire season. I have only watched four or five seasons of this show, starting with 1, then off and on. It takes an interesting star like Evan to pull me in. I would have been much happier if Erin had won, if it couldn't be Evan. Nicole, while I'm sure she's a nice person, just left me cold because she started at such a high level, there was very little space to watch her grow.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;3914046;
    And it got worse! When Aiden hoisted Nicole up on his shoulders, she was holding the trophy (as she should - SHE is the celebrity - NOT Derek), tacky, classless Derek had to grab it from her so he could hold it and kiss it on camera.

The Little Lord of the Dance really needs to get a life.
    While I am glad Nicole won I do agree that at times Derek seems very immature. I do think he needs to get "some" and maybe he will relax a bit. He does come across as a younger kid brother just going through puberty.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3914052;
    Kara, you said Nicole would win from the first week! Can you predict next season's winner now! (Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you could) Thanks for all your great FoRT contributions every season with regard to DWTS.
    Well, I hope any pro not named Derek, Mark, Lacey, or Karina wins. I guess whoever gets 10s the earliest, has the most dance experience, and gets Mark for a partner (or Julianne if she's back). That'll be your winner Unless they try and give Derek the first 3peat win ever.

I hope next season there's no stunt casting, no polarizing celebs, everyone on near equal footing, and some pros who haven't been so lucky finally get to show what they're made of. Erin/Maks and Evan/Anna, you made my season! I wouldn't have had any fun otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3914058;
    While I am glad Nicole won I do agree that at times Derek seems very immature. I do think he needs to get "some" and maybe he will relax a bit. He does come across as a younger kid brother just going through puberty.
    Won't work, he's too in love with himself and the disco ball trophy

I want to see New York from the VH1 reality shows as a guest star next season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Thanks everyone; you FoRTers made this season for me with your insights, debates, and opinions. See you next go round.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3914014;

I'll see your 3 thumbs down and raise you 4

gee, a professional dancer won DWTS.... I'm shocked
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread