+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: 5/24 Finale Pt 1 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/24 Finale Pt 1 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3913299;
    Except the scores aren't final because there are 2 more dances to be performed.
    The 3rd place elimination could be already determined if the deficit in the combination of viewer votes and scores for the bottom couple as of now vs the other 2, cannot be overcome even if they finish ranked first in the AT.

Don't know why Edyta of all people would be privy to this info though.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3913315;
    The 3rd place elimination could be already determined if the deficit in the combination of viewer votes and scores for the bottom couple as of now vs the other 2, cannot be overcome even if they finish ranked first in the AT.

Don't know why Edyta of all people would be privy to this info though.
    She might have just heard rumblings. I've often wondered if, on results show night, couples know where they stand. I fully believe they told Kate she was being eliminated. Last season, I think Joanna/Derek knew in advance. As for revealing the winner, that I don't know. Could be the show wants someone to put it out there to get people wondering if the predictable or unpredictable will happen.

Watching the rerun now -- Carrie Ann and her lift addiction. She is such a spazz! Why can't she cut out the squealing and the cutesy crap, and just give her critiques like an adult? She knows that nobody wants to hear her tattling on lifts anymore, but it's the only thing she seems to know to look for. I really think they could do better than her.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think Bruno could be a better judge if he cut trying to out-gimmick and out-OTT the other couples. I think he's been better this season, though his scoring usually makes the least sense of the 3. But I think he's more useful to the panel than CA is. Lifts seem to be the only thing she can take off for, and her other criticisms or compliments are something anyone could pick up on. And aren't very helpful, either.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3912647;
    Did anyone notice that when Derek & Nicole were in the "Cry and score" area she put her hands on her hips and her index fingers were inside her waistband of her pants pushing them lower? I thought she was going to reveal even more. Yech!
    I don't pay much attention to the after-dance interviews with Brooke, so I didn't see this on Monday night. I made a point of watching for it on Tuesday.

All I can say is, if Nicole had been on Survivor and had done that, there would have been some BLURRING going on!!!!

Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3913517;
    Watching the rerun now -- Carrie Ann and her lift addiction. She is such a spazz! Why can't she cut out the squealing and the cutesy crap, and just give her critiques like an adult? She knows that nobody wants to hear her tattling on lifts anymore, but it's the only thing she seems to know to look for. I really think they could do better than her.
    I don't understand the animosity toward the lifts. Never have. And what exactly constitutes an illegal lift on this show? Holding your partner upside down and spinning like a top while her legs windmill to the side isn't a lift? Grabbing her by both arms and heaving her around in a circle while she flashes the business to America isn't a lift?

Carrie had low blood sugar just then, because the dance under dispute was definitely OVER and they were leaving the dance floor. Talk about manufactured dumbness! It was so hard for her to find anything to criticise about Nicole that she had to make something completely up. She sounded deranged. In no way was that worth a point's deduction. I could see having a rule about how many lifts one may perform in the same dance, but why keep insisting on 'pure ballroom form' in this one dinky instance when they don't insist on it any other time? She was definitely looped out. I started the season liking her, but changed my tune swiftly.

Len may be the most acerbic and sometimes mean (and sometimes diarrhea of the mouth such as when he told Nicole she deserved to win, all but annointing her right there--most uncharacteristic), but his commentary is usually on point and concerned with matters of form. He is, except for the Nicole comment, remarkably consistent. Bruno often entertains me, but Len's critiques are actually practical and specific. Can't say I have warmed to CA as a personality whatsover.

+ Reply to Thread