+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Finale Pt 1 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/24 Finale Pt 1 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JMFan;3912959;
    Is it true that the Argentine tango which all three will be performing tonight will be ranked rather than scored. ? In other words, the best will get a 10 second best a 9 etc. I thought i read that somewhere but I could be wrong.
    Yeah, I also read that it'll be ranked.

FORT Newbie

I still think Evan can win. I also think Erin has a shot. I don't think Nicole is a done deal at all.

FORT Fanatic

If only you were proven to be right. I really like Evan because he has shown such a strong work ethic to learn the
    dances while having to practice and perform at SOI. He never complained about his work schedule but was always
    gracious, respectful of others, and humble. He was also never argumentative with the judges while there were
    times he could have been.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3912504;
    Lol I feel for Nicole. No matter what she does she will always be more wrong than anyone in the history of the world just because she lives. If she smiles she is fake, if she doesn't smile she is being a Diva,etc on and on....

I see it this way she got invited to be on the show. It is a show about dancing, she can dance and she looks good doing it. Nicole is on point she has worked just as hard as anyone else and if she wins it is a well deserved win.

Nicole FTW!
    [mod edit] And if I rememeber correctly from most every season--the best dancer does not win--it's the more popular. Still think Nicole ROCKS and should win it.
    Last edited by Mariner; 05-25-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3912951;
    Has anyone figured out why last night went down the way it did? Sure, a shake-up creates drama, but I'm trying to figure out WHY the show did it. Was it to give the E/M fans hope that they might beat both Evan and Nicole so that they'll surely tune in tonight? Was it to energize Evan's fansbase? Was it to make the obvious less obvious, i.e Nicole as the winner since day 1?

Surely they used the voting information to decide the least controversial winner. I'm shocked that they threw Evan under the bus. Though a big Erin/Maks fan, there's a lot of drama around them and Nicole and Derek. Evan and Anna have had none--the show tried to create some in early weeks regarding their chemistry--but they get on so well. And the judges are merciless to him. No one can match Nicole in CA's eyes.

To me, last night was the show's attempt to cover up the obvious champion--Nicole--by tossing out all kinds of weird comments, mark-downs, and final standings to make it seem like we didn't know that Nicole would win anyway.

I feel horrible for Evan and Anna.

I will actually be surprised tonight to see how the judges choose to rank the F3. I surely think that Nicole will be the winner. Erin and Evan will duke it out for 2nd and 3rd.

Well, they didn't make it as predictable as it coulda been without last night.
    This is why I hate when they rank the dances. My conspiracy? They don't want Evan to win. They've gone after him several times this season, but never shown any negative footage of him and Anna, and last night seemed to be more harsh than they normally are on a finals night. Arguments happen and I hate to see the tough as nails Anna cry, but I doubt anyone thought much of it. Given how the scoring happened as a whole, I'm surprised Erin/Maks got 2 10s for their samba. The lift Derek did with Nicole was just like the lift Mark did in his VW with Shawn, while the music was still going, and part of the routine-CA didn't mark down because she said it was part of it. So I felt she went out of her way to ding for that. The critiques, scores, and edits really didn't change on Nicole and Erin's part. I think the judges might have been surprised by the freestyle choices and had to ditch the 10 paddles. I'm not really sure CA and Bruno liked Erin's freestyle but applauded it just because.

If Nicole didn't have Derek, I wouldn't be as confident. He's the reason I consider her such a lock. If she didn't have the fans, she wouldn't be here right now. I think Evan is still going to make it to 2nd, unless something really screwy happens tonight. From there he'll battle Nicole and come up short. I'd be surprised if Erin gets past 3rd place. She even thinks Nicole is going to win.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-25-2010 at 05:16 PM.

FORT Fogey

Someone on another site stated that if you are in first place with the judges scores you basically have to come in last place with the fans to go home for the first several several weeks. Nicole and Derek have always been towards the top so even if they are second to last in fan votes, they would still comeback.

FORT Fogey

See! This ranking thing still fits with my theory that Erin is going to win. Why didn't Nicole and Evan get a better scores last night? To make it seem like Erin was within reach of victory. Why are the judges ranking instead of scoring? So Erin's score will still be close to the others even if she deserves low marks. The ranking favors the worst dancer. And that's Erin!
    I think the judges want to make it seem like the winner won based on their performances and not just on popularity.

Hey guys! Haven't had any time to check in here in a while, but thought I'd let you guys know that Edyta just tweeted (about 10 minutes ago) that it would supposedly be a shocking elimination tonight.

Crossing my fingers for Erin/Maks to win it all, but I wouldn't mind an Evan/Anna win either. Nicole/Derek? big thumbs down, purely on the basis of fairness (she shouldn't be competing b/c of past experience, he shouldn't always get the best partners)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;3913291;
    Hey guys! Haven't had any time to check in here in a while, but thought I'd let you guys know that Edyta just tweeted (about 10 minutes ago) that it would supposedly be a shocking elimination tonight.

Crossing my fingers for Erin/Maks to win it all, but I wouldn't mind an Evan/Anna win either. Nicole/Derek? big thumbs down, purely on the basis of fairness (she shouldn't be competing b/c of past experience, he shouldn't always get the best partners)
    Except the scores aren't final because there are 2 more dances to be performed.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;3913291;

Depending on what you view as shocking, it could fit anyone, but my guess is maybe Evan is going out third. The final 3 still have the ranked AT to do, then whoever finishes 3rd is eliminated when those judges scores factor in. The final two do the KO dances (Nicole/Derek are jiving to Proud Mary, Evan/Anna are doing a quick step, and I still don't know what Erin/Maks are doing). Nicole/Derek are no doubt going to get the #1 slot on AT ranking dance. And I'm sure a perfect 30 on their KO dance, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait to see if the judges score the other KO dance with a perfect 30 (I'm counting on it, actually). I checked Tom's twitter, and he had nothing interesting about the finale, except he's spray tanning his jeans.

+ Reply to Thread