+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Finale Pt 1 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/24 Finale Pt 1 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3912359;
    pants on the ground, pants on the ground.... lookin' like a fool with her pants on the ground
    Ahahahahahahahha! Great AI reference!!!!!

I enjoyed them.
    After the judges scores, I get a strong feeling, once again, that Evan is leading in the viewer votes and therefore the judges are scoring him lower.
    I wasn't overly impressed with Max / Erin's freestyle. It looked more like a Yoga / Pilates class than a freestyle, to me. Too aerobic and not enough dance. And, quite frankly, much as I like Erin, I don't think her scores should be higher than Nicole's. Nicole may be a ringer, but her dancing is great.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I didn't get the feeling watching the show that they wanted Evan in the finals. He's a total class act as is Anna. Neither are drama queens or even slightly rude. They have been nothing but joyful to watch which made the chosen slip a very odd choice after their incredible edit. My original thought was that it was to deter voters from voting him although it could have the opposite effect.

Show might want a "shocker" F2 and as many predicted it would be Evan and Nicole perhaps dinging E/A was a way to get Evan out and Erin in. I can't imagine them ever wanting Nicole out especially given her partner is King Derek. And while I admire Derek I am bitter that he never gets a clunker.
    And his sister is low class calling out the others couples. The Trio have had more than their share of breaks so she really should shut it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3912377;
    I didn't get the feeling watching the show that they wanted Evan in the finals. He's a total class act as is Anna. Neither are drama queens or even slightly rude. They have been nothing but joyful to watch which made the chosen slip a very odd choice after their incredible edit. My original thought was that it was to deter voters from voting him although it could have the opposite effect.

Show might want a "shocker" F2 and as many predicted it would be Evan and Nicole perhaps dinging E/A was a way to get Evan out and Erin in. I can't imagine them ever wanting Nicole out especially given her partner is King Derek. And while I admire Derek I am bitter that he never gets a clunker.
    And his sister is low class calling out the others couples. The Trio have had more than their share of breaks so she really should shut it. lol
    could you, or somebody please fill me in on what she said, and where she said it. I've read a few remarks referring to this and am real curious. thanks
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3912320;
    I'm rewatching it on the late feed and just got reminded of what Nicole did after the freestyle, she put her thumbs in her already low pants and pushed the waistline down even lower, it was kinda raunchy... must be feeling desparate for votes lol don't know what it is but I just can't like her
    It was so gross. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3912394;
    could you, or somebody please fill me in on what she said, and where she said it. I've read a few remarks referring to this and am real curious. thanks
    Julianne asked people to vote for Derek/Nicole because "they're the only ones who did their own choreography". She followed up that it was catty of her, but she's biased, especially on the "creative choreography side". No mention in her semi apology tweet that she's biased because of her brother, just that she thinks they had creative choreography and should win. I think Nicole/Derek's routines both fell a little flat tonight (even without the flub in the freestyle), but as usual, the judges sold them hard. I'm really looking forward to this season being done.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3912447;
    Julianne asked people to vote for Derek/Nicole because "they're the only ones who did their own choreography". She followed up that it was catty of her, but she's biased, especially on the "creative choreography side". No mention in her semi apology tweet that she's biased because of her brother, just that she thinks they had creative choreography and should win. I think Nicole/Derek's routines both fell a little flat tonight (even without the flub in the freestyle), but as usual, the judges sold them hard. I'm really looking forward to this season being done.
    thanks for filling me in, so it was on twitter that she said it. and no kidding they can do their own choreography... they're both profressional dancers/performers I HATE the thought of Nicole or even Evan winning, IMO they have an unfair advantage over the Erins, Chads and Pamelas that go on DWTS. Either go with all "dance performers", whatever degree that may be, or go with all amateurs...like athletes, actors, comedians, tv personalities etc.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Ok so did she say something that was untrue?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Seems like much ado about nothing.
    And, if Julianne did make that statement, it seems unfair to me to take it out on Derek and Nicole. It's not their fault.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

How do we know Derek/Nicole didn't get help? Or that Nicole didn't choreograph the whole thing herself? It's not a big deal if they did or didn't, just like I don't think it's a big deal that Maks and Anna did. I'd rather Maks get guidance on a dance style he's not familiar with than try and do it himself. Obviously their freestyle video wasn't as dramatic as Evan/Anna's or risk taking as Erin/Maks's. It's just tacky to say "vote for them because they do their own stuff". Julianne's gotten help before and has helped at least Mark, maybe Derek. All the pros help each other. That is a known fact. The celebs give input, and as we saw with Mya/Dmitry, sometimes take control.

I'm not taking it out on them; they weren't getting my votes anyway and I'm still hoping they lose, with or without the comment. Supporting him because he's her brother is fine, but saying he deserves to win because he did his own stuff is a little tacky. They're all accomplished pros. You're right, much ado about nothing, but I'd say that about any of the pros who made a remark like that. It's probably a passion of the moment type thing.

And it makes me hope even more if Derek's back next season he doesn't get the ringer or anything close to it.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-25-2010 at 01:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread