+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Finale Pt 1 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/24 Finale Pt 1 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I know I've been biased toward Erin & Maks, but tonight I wanted to watch the show for pure enjoyment, and I really loved it. They all did so well, and Derek really is a great choreographer . Having said that, I have to say that I enjoyed Erin and Maks' free style the most. It wasn't the smoothest dance ever, but it had so much passion and it really was unlike anything we've ever seen before in a FS. And I also think they used that dance to let us all know they're a couple. Awwwwwwww!

OH! that was not called for from Julianne! Call for support for your brother all you want, but not that way.

Besides, each team had 2 choreographers. . . . It's just that, for one team, it was also the contestant!

Thanks karalott. I'm enjoying all the dances tonight, loved Erin/Maks' freestyle and Evan's VW.

And ITA, that was kind of tacky of Julianne to bring up the choreography issue. Hopefully her partner Apolo Ohno's support of Evan will balance it out. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3912290;
    I know I've been biased toward Erin & Maks, but tonight I wanted to watch the show for pure enjoyment, and I really loved it. They all did so well, and Derek really is a great choreographer . Having said that, I have to say that I enjoyed Erin and Maks' free style the most. It wasn't the smoothest dance ever, but it had so much passion and it really was unlike anything we've ever seen before in a FS. And I also think they used that dance to let us all know they're a couple. Awwwwwwww!
    I agree that there was lots of passion in their dance... I really enjoyed watching them act out a love scene... it was beautiful and had more raw, real emotion in it than the Bach did last season speaking of which ( or should I say witch ) why are we be subjected to watching Jake and Vienna dance tomorrow night? now that's cruel and unusual punishment **gag**
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fan

I think what Julianne has forgotten, and Derek and Mark B surely have is that it is NOT ABOUT THEM! It is supposed to be about the celebrity.

This can be partially solved by awarding ONLY the celebrity the tacky mirror ball trophy so the Ballas/Hough crew cannot hoist it over their own heads.

We went out for dinner so watched the show late. My husband, watching it with me said at the end, "they kept saying 'this is their best cast ever,' but they sure didn't score them very high and especially on the free styles."
    I did get my voting in - as well as "encouraging" various family members to vote, also. Erin was my pick and I'm glad she lived up to my expectations for her. She and Maks together have amazing chemistry - plus, I would love for her to win after all she's been through, coming on the show and putting herself out there. For me their free style was smokin' HOTTTTT. It was a risk, but it told a story, and I loved it. I also got tickled by Maks' comment and Erin's blush. (And yes, I'm biased.)
    I also love Evan and Anna. Their waltz was pure poetry - I found it hard to see how anyone could find fault. Then, I really enjoyed their free style. How can you not enjoy "Footloose?" I think the edit was trying to paint Evan as a mean guy making Anna cry, when I don't believe they had a "testy" relationship at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it was hormones on top of pressure. Evan didn't so much "walk out" on her as he had to go to skate.
    As far as Nicole is concerned, I'm not a big rumba fan, (and for sure not a fan of her's or Dererk's) but their first dance was very good - until the lift. Apparently, they aren't allowed to pick up their partner until the music stops - and it hadn't stopped. Maybe a dumb rule (of course they also have a rule that a quick step should involve the steps of a quick step, but that didn't apply to them ) but they did know that going in. What I don't get is the free style. Maybe it would've been more, WOW, if they had't botched the lift at the end, but both DH and I sat there going "ooookkkaaayy." After he had dogged me all through the show on my bias, he agreed with me that their free style was boring. Great dance steps, but no fun, no story, no, "YEA!!!!" If I were a ballroom judge, I might be more impressed. As someone sitting at home, I was shocked that there wasn't more FLASH! and PIZZAZZ. Maybe there's a tiny hope for an Erin/Even final two. At that point, I would be happy if either won.

I'm rewatching it on the late feed and just got reminded of what Nicole did after the freestyle, she put her thumbs in her already low pants and pushed the waistline down even lower, it was kinda raunchy... must be feeling desparate for votes lol don't know what it is but I just can't like her
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3912311;
    I agree that there was lots of passion in their dance... I really enjoyed watching them act out a love scene... it was beautiful and had more raw, real emotion in it than the Bach did last season speaking of which ( or should I say witch ) why are we be subjected to watching Jake and Vienna dance tomorrow night? now that's cruel and unusual punishment **gag**
    Listen up, Mr. Fleismeister!

And yes, I saw Nicole.....I thought for a moment she was taking her pants off on TV! I'm not her age, but I can't even imagine wearing my pants that low! I know how I must sound, but for a minute, that was

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3912339;
    Listen up, Mr. Fleismeister!

And yes, I saw Nicole.....I thought for a moment she was taking her pants off on TV! I'm not her age, but I can't even imagine wearing my pants that low! I know how I must sound, but for a minute, that was
    pants on the ground, pants on the ground.... lookin' like a fool with her pants on the ground

I did not need to watch to know that at least two couples would be tied and one just behind. I will watch the finale tommorrow to see my Chaddie and hope Nicole wins!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread