+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

This is my first season as a DWTS-watcher, and boy, what a season it's been to kick off with! The talent, even from our 'lesser' dancers this season has really been outstanding, and will be hard to top.

For weeks now, I've been building a list of fantasy DWTS contenders in my head. Here's a few I would love to see take a crack at the mirrorball:

Craig Ferguson. He's been #1 on my wish-list from Day 1. Craig did some salsa dancing in "Born Romantic", but not enough to disqualify him from consideration. We know he can move, and he's got the personality for this show. If CBS would agree to lend him out, I could die a happy woman!

Johnny Weir. The boy can move and he would eat all this up with a spoon, let's face it. I could see Johnny giving the pros a run for their money.

Dennis Haysbert, aka "Allstate" pitchman and "The Unit" star. Because he is fine. Do I need another reason?

Sasha Cohen. We have already discussed that she would be an outstanding partner for Louis. Don't know if we'd want her & Johnny in the same cast, but I'd love to see Sasha bring her trademark flexibility to the ballroom.

Ann Curry. The NBC news anchor is astoundingly lovely, but probably too dignified for the proceedings. She still has her day job to worry about and her reputation to protect. Oh, well. I said this was a fantasy list. Perhaps Hoda Kotb would be game. NOT Kathie Lee Gifford though--she'd be another Kate.

Kiefer Sutherland. Because "24" is going off and he will have some free time. Because I'd like to see Kiefer's lighter side that I know is there. And because we need a partner suitable for some of petite girls. I think he and Chelsie would be an adorable couple.

Okay, I could prattle on, but I want to hear other suggestions . . .

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Hi Hikari,

Ha! Before I even opened your post, I thought "Kiefer Sutherland!!!

Also, Tony Geary and Genie Francis from General Hospital ... the original (and as far as I know, still the only) Luke and Laura!

Great minds thinking alike, SilverLin!

As Kiefer has matured, he has become one fine Canadian export, what can I say? Love him too. "24" has been so grim for 8 years, I think it's high time he had a chance to cut loose. Thanks for replying. Ditto to our Luke and Laura, though they wouldn't be able to dance together. How about Genie and her real-life hubby Jonathan Frakes? They still couldn't dance together but it might be interesting . . .

But could Kiefer stay sober long enough to compete? I love him, but that boy should be on Celebrity Rehab, not DWTS. I hope he finally gets it together, but he gets tossed out of bars pretty regularly for behaving like an ass after drinking too much.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Great new thread, hikari! I'm casting my votes for Nathan Fillion from Castle but I also love your idea of having Craig Ferguson on the show!!! He's hysterical, a bit self-depracating, gracious, and adorable !! Have him on with Nathan and Maks, and I'll be moving to CA to sit in the audience all season! Don't they always look for a comedian, and an actor from the current (or previous) line-up on abc? Well, here it is!

What about David Cassidy or Bobby Sherman? Teen heartthrobs! That was many moons ago, but I would be glued to the show every week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Too A-list/Said No/On Another Network (but that's what fantasy lists are for):
    Joel McHale (would love to see him diss his own performances on The Soup)
    Heidi Klum (she has said she'd love to do the show)
    Seal (perfect husband/wife duo-though we'd probably have to bring back Anna Demidova for him)
    Lisa Kudrow
    Brooklyn Decker
    Hugh Jackman (pair the Aussie with Kym)
    Allison Sweeney
    Rita Wilson (better known as Mrs Tom Hanks, who has been offered, accepted, but always chickens out at the last minute)
    Eva Longoria (and her hubby Tony Parker)

The Token Older Stars
    Florence Henderson (Mrs. Brady has said again and again she wants to do it-so just let her. Just don't give her to Tony).
    Ken Osmond aka Eddia Haskell (not sure if he's even in show biz anymore and he's nearing 80, but why not)
    Jerry Mathers (we could do Beaver otherwise)
    Christopher Lloyd (maybe we can see a Back to the Future paso)

The Ringers
    Tony Danza
    Tionna "T-Boz" Watkins or Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas
    Sasha Cohen
    Michelle Kwan
    Any of the "Magnificent Seven" 1996 Olympic gymnasts

For the Nostalgia Factor
    Jodie Sweetin, John Stamos, Dave Coulier or Lori Laughlin from Full House
    Tim Allen, or any of the cast from Home Improvement
    Morgan Fairchild
    Tim Matheson
    Jaleel White, or any Family Matters member
    Ed O'Neill
    Marlo McVea
    Christian Slater
    any SNL alumni; Will Ferrell is probably too A-list but I'd take Molly Shannon or Cheri Oteri
    Mark-Paul Gosselear (always preferred Zack Morris to A.C. Slater)
    Jaclyn Smith or Cheryl Ladd
    Dawn Wells
    Anson "Potsie" Williams

The Athletes
    Danica Patrick (she's been in the news lately)
    Maria Sharapova, the Williams sisters, Pete Sampras, or Andre Agassi (who said he'd do it)
    Bode Miller
    Brandi Chastian
    any of the recent Olympic snowboarders (wouldn't even mind seeing Torah Bright)
    JR Celski for the speedskater
    anyone from baseball, soccer, hockey, or any other sports field that's been rarely covered on this show

And the Rest:
    Kendra Baskitt (token reality star)
    Kevin Eubanks (he's leaving The Tonight Show, and he'd be something different)
    Vera Wang or any other fashion designer
    Any best selling author (for a different slot on this show)
    Last edited by karalott; 05-22-2010 at 05:58 PM.

In addition to those I've previously mentioned I'd like:

Danica Patrick - Indy car driver
    Neil Patrick Harris - TV & Stage Star
    Eden Espinosa - Star of "Wicked"
    John Stamos - recently on ER
    Cheryl Ladd - to fill the slot for the older generation
    Bode Miller - Skier (he was great on Superstars)
    Lindsay Vonn - Skier (to challenge Bode)
    Wayne Gretzky - hockey great
    Vanessa Williams - former Miss America - Actress
    Warren Moon - retired NFL Pro Bowl MVP

Now that Lost is over - how about Josh Holloway (Sawyer)?

I haven't seen many baseball players on. I know it conflicts with the season, but maybe someone who has recently "retired"???

And karalott - please no Kendra! As a People subscriber, I know every detail about how Hank proposed, what their wedding and honeymoon were like, her pregnancy, etc. I swear that magazine must adore that girl! Just saying. . . ; )
    Last edited by Beachmom; 05-22-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Troy Aikman to complete the troika! Emmitt and Michael are only the twins without their triplet teammate.

And Johnny Weir paired with Maks would be hot. Enough of this 'opposite' partners business. DWTS and Disney need to clue into the 21st Century. I won't hold my breath on that one though...

And I bet Rafael Nadal could totally rock DWTS.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3910605;
    Now that Lost is over - how about Josh Holloway (Sawyer)?

I haven't seen many baseball players on. I know it conflicts with the season, but maybe someone who has recently "retired"???

And karalott - please no Kendra! As a People subscriber, I know every detail about how Hank proposed, what their wedding and honeymoon were like, her pregnancy, etc. I swear that magazine must adore that girl! Just saying. . . ; )
    Out of all possible reality stars that actually have some name recognition, Kendra annoys me the least. I do like her better now than when she was on Girls Next Door. Since Hank still plays pro football, I doubt we'd see her in the fall, but maybe the spring. I'm just worried that the show will try to (unsuccessfully) top the horror show known as Kate Gosselin. There's already rumors Tiger Woods mistress #1 wants in. Since being bad is the new good to get on TV and for whatever reason people tune in, I'm scared for next season. Though after the Nicole/Derek show, it can't get here fast enough There's quite a few shows going off the air this year that has stars I'd like to see as well. I'd also add to my list Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze jr. I haven't seen either one much lately and I was always a fan (especially of Freddie).

And since we're talking about next season, here are the pros I hope to see return: Maks (my absolute must), Tony, Louis, Jonathan, Alec, Dmitry, Damian, Edyta, Anna T., Chelsie, Kym, Ashly. That's 12 with 2 more male pros than females but I'd be happy if we could get 11/12 of the 12 or at least half of them back. I'd be extremely happy if Derek/Mark weren't back along with Lacey and Karina. That in itself would make my season right there. Cheryl needs a break, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast