+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3915711;

Guess we could try to get Simon Cowell on the show, but I wonder if he'd actually go and criticize any of the judges for scoring their dances poorly.
    Simon would be hilarious! And he says he likes a challenge...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'd pay to see Cowell on here. I'd love to see him give the judges a smack down. There's been some really good suggestions. I could probably have a dream season with everyone that's been mentioned. Of course, the odds of seeing more than half of these people is probably as good as getting Meryl Streep to do the show.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3915679;
    Great lists, everyone. I am on board with those who suggested Tony Geary, Genie Francis, Craig Ferguson, Mike Rowe and Bobby Sherman.

I'm going to be dating myself with a lot of these picks, but I would enjoy seeing any of these folks:

David Soul (Starsky and Hutch and starred with Bobby Sherman in Here Come the Brides)
    Gregory Harrison (Dr. Gonzo Gates on the TV show Trapper John, M.D.)
    Stephanie Zimbalist (Remington Steele)
    Stefanie Powers (Hart to Hart)
    Susan Dey (The Partridge Family and LA Law)
    Vanessa Williams (singer; Ugly Betty)
    Brett Michaels (singer)
    Andre Agassi (tennis player)
    Anna Kournikova (tennis player)
    M. Night Shymalan (director)

I dislike the reality stars, but I would make an exception for these guys:

Duff (Ace of Cakes)
    Clinton Kelly (What Not to Wear)

Many intriguing choices here, Mushy! I agree wholeheartedly about most. Brett, alas, probably is going to have to be taking it easy for the foreseeable future. I think practicing for this show would give even a healthy person a stroke! Anna or some of our other pro tennis ladies would be great--I think tennis has not been represented before, has it? Maria Sherapova--I would love to see her paired with Maks and watch the fireworks! Roger Federer would be dreamy, albeit maybe a bit Evan-bot like with the emoting factor. But is he ever built for ballroom! Much too busy though, our Roger.

I concur with both Step(f)anies and Clinton Kelly would be adorable. Might as well throw Stacy London in there as well. We know that she can manage heels, no prob. Mr. Pierce Brosnan would be the supreme 'get' of all time, but we can only dream. Ditto current 007, Daniel Craig. Well, Bond contracts do run out, and I anticipate DWTS going on well into the future.

Vanessa Williams is lovely. Definite ringer potential. For kicks, how about America Ferrera? Most likely wouldn't make the finals, but we have seen that she is not afraid of physical comedy in the least.

To mix things up, what I would really enjoy is a 'Couples Edition' where two celebs are paired together, whether they are married to each other or just co-star together in something, and have each couple assigned a pro to teach them to dance together. Wouldn't that be fun? It would be a truly amateur competition then but that's how we would really get to see the strength of their pro's teaching skills.
    Last edited by hikari; 05-27-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3914724;
    Ha!

Might as well.

Actually, he is 62--not at the peak of his skills like Nicole--so he wouldn't really be a ringer, probably be lucky to make the finals. So maybe this isn't such a bad idea!
    Lucky to make the finals? Surely, you jest! I mean, this is THE Baryshnikov we are discussing. 62-schmixty-two . . Mischa's 62 ain't gonna be your grandpa's 62. Plus his discipline was way more demanding than ballroom.

It's true that 62-year-old legs are more tired than 25-year-old legs. But them's some fine legs and I don't care how old they are. However, let's be honest--having Baryshnikov on DWTS would be like inviting God to be a contestant on "Jeopardy". He is so far and away the better of everyone in the room and the supreme idol of so many present, it would demean him to lower himself to compete in this floor show. Perhaps Mischa would agree to be a judge?

Better yet, let the best danseur of all time come in and sit in judgement on our judges and tell them what's wrong with their critiques! I would love to see a filmed bit about El Barishnikov holding a master class for our professionals. That would be something. I'm sure they have all studied at least some ballet, certainly modern dance and would esteem him like a visiting diety. I know I do!

Who would I definitely NOT want to see in next season's cast? Vienna Giaraldi, aka Jake's fiancee.

Calling Jake a celebrity in the first place is a stretch; imagining that she is a celebrity by virtue of basking in his reflected light is so far off the D-list it's laugable. Vienna did make a creditable waltzer the other night, but I certainly don't want to see a season's worth of packages featuring Vienna! Plus, this relationship may not last until they start filming the next season of DWTS. September's a long way off for these kids. If Jake breaks it off with Vienna, could she still be considered a 'celebrity'? If she's one now, that is?

I'm sure she'd be flexible. And that's all I will say about Vienna, since I can't think of anything else nice to say.

Her presence on-set did give me the idea, though, that a "Couples Edition" of DWTS would be interesting.

FORT Fogey

Oprah – isn’t her show over by next seasoN??
    Candace Bergen
    Rosanne
    Kathy Najimy
    Whoopi Goldberg
    Becky Hammon (WNBA)
    Andre Agassi (or wife Steffi Graf)
    Big thumbs up for Tim Gunn AND Heidi Klum!
    Agree w/Dennis Haysbert
    How about the actress that plays Roxy on Army Wives? (HOTT)
    Agree with Lisa Kudrow and Rita Wilson or Ali Sweeney
    Neil Patrick Harris – AWESOME idea
    The actress that plays Lt. Van Buren from Law & Order?
    Melissa Gilbert
    Robin Roberts!!!
    Geena Davis would be great
    Melissa Etherige
    How about some of the more popular biggest losers? (Danny, Daris, Tara, Michelle...)
    Sally Field
    LeVar Burton
    Jennifer Love Hewitt (her show was just cancelled)
    Courtney Cox
    Actresses who play Arizona or Calie on Grey’s Anatomy!

NO to Karina, Derek, Cheryl or Mark
    NO survivor cast folks

I don't mind Vienna all that much and she actually seemed to do OK dancing.
    Not sure, though, that I could watch her on a weekly basis!!

What I was curious about when she danced at the finale, was the weight gain. I didn't remember her as having very large hips on the Bachelor, yet she looked really broad the other night.
    Anybody know if she's preggers?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Definitely Johnny Weir!
    Marissa Miller (model)
    Nathan Fillion
    Chris O'Donnell - always in blue...
    Michael Weatherly (NCIS)
    Mark Harmon
    Cote de Pablo (she's gorgeous and yes I've got a thing for NCIS I guess)
    Cat Deeley (she must have learned a few moves from SYTYCD)

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3916361;
    I don't mind Vienna all that much and she actually seemed to do OK dancing.
    Not sure, though, that I could watch her on a weekly basis!!

What I was curious about when she danced at the finale, was the weight gain. I didn't remember her as having very large hips on the Bachelor, yet she looked really broad the other night.
    Anybody know if she's preggers?
    Heaven help us all! Don't know; don't want to know. Don't think so . . . I doubt she would agree to be dancing on TV if she was pregnant and showing. I think Vienna is just a more statuesque girl who perhaps seems more awkward than normal in comparison with the professional females. She did not embarrass herself in the waltz, and I don't remember her hips being bigger but then I am not in a place to commentate on the size of anyone else's hips!

For heaven's sake, I hope not . . . we have to see if this couple is going to make it. I'm old-fashioned and think a couple should be married before kids start arriving, but Jake and Vienna are shacked up already, so nature will take its course unless they are doing something to prevent it. Wonder how long they are going to milk the engagement? Prolly till they can get ABC to spring for a million-dollar wedding like Trista and Ryan got . . .

Watched Baz Luhrmann's "Strictly Ballroom" last night for the first time. Me jonesin' bad for DWTS already . . .I'm in sorry shape here. The male lead, Paul Mercurio reminded me very much of what I think Johnny Weir might be like as a contestant in both looks and style.

Also got a similar vibe as to the team they bat for.

Antonio Banderas was on Craig Ferguson last night. He did that dancing flick, so maybe it wouldn't be strictly fair, but if ABC wanted Nicole Scherzinger, then they shouldn't rule out Antonio. Ringer, hello! He would kill it (KILL IT) in the Latin. A Banderas tango or paso doble would probably give me a heart attack, but in the best possible way.

Plus, he can do humorous, too. The whole package. He'd need the fieriest little girl they've got.

+ Reply to Thread