+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3914724;
    Ha!

Might as well.

Actually, he is 62--not at the peak of his skills like Nicole--so he wouldn't really be a ringer, probably be lucky to make the finals. So maybe this isn't such a bad idea!
    I saw him dance when he was in his 50s and he was still amazing.

I could give you a long list of people I'd like to see, but simply put it's this:

1. Please no more reality TV stars. They're not actors, they were contestants on a game show.

2. No one with serious long term dance experience. Dance as a kid to high school? - fine, but if they went to say some sort of school of dance to get their education as well as teach, no.

3. Preferably older actors that people wouldn't mind seeing again. Love a lot of lists for this reason - they're older actors.

4. If we HAVE to have someone who is a ringer - make him MALE for once and pair him up with a woman who usually gets klunkers.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

If they're going to bring on reality show castoffs, I'd rather it be people who've actually accomplished something outside of being a bachelor/ette cast off, or some other 15 second of fame seeker. There's a lot of American Idol alumni who've gone on to careers in music, Broadway, and film (I nominate Chris Daughtry). I think Kendra and her hubby would be a hoot, though I don't think we'd get them both for the fall, as he plays football. But not someone from The Hills (god forbid they actually cast Speidi; I'd be done with the show if they stooped that low), or contestants from the other many E!/MTV/VH-1/NBC/CBS random reality shows.

I agree about having a male ringer, and I think we're due for a male gymnast, as others have mentioned.

I feel like the producers probably already know who they want and it wouldn't surprise me if they're getting people lined up already. Season 9, which was the last fall season, some of the cast started tweeting their involvement starting in July.

How about an all Weight Loss Program spokesperson cast, minus Marie Osmond since she's already been on. We would see Valerie Bertinelli, Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York (she could use fake cash as a prop to bribe her pro), Don Shula, Dan Marino, Jennifer Hudson, who am I missing?

You could also have an all rehab crew of "child" stars: Mackenzie Philips, Lindsay Lohan, etc.

About having Bachelor/ette castoffs on the show - I'd also rather see celebrities who have accomplished something.
    Bad news: Vienna is now actively campaigning to get onto DWTS next season.
    I saw an article about this on the J. Forum, with quotes from Vienna.
    (The good news so far is that the casting agents or producers have not actually asked her to be on the show yet.)
    Ugh! Do you think that producers would be open to the idea of having Vienna as a contestant? I hope not. Vienna has not been as popular as Jake, who has not been all that popular with viewers either.

I'd also love to see Betty White on the show, but at her age (88 1/2), I think it would be too much for her.
    Carol Burnett or Julie Andrews would be good though.
    Marti

I'm thinking though that the producers are always going to want to seek contestants from the Bachelor/ette since it is an ABC show which always follows on the schedule right after DWTS completes its run each season.
    Rather than have Vienna as a contestant next season, I'll bet that the producers are going to want to go with Ali (if it is all right with her selected fiance). She is, after all, the lead on the Bachelorette show.
    And two contestants at the same time from the Bach/ette would be a no no!
    (And Ali's F2 will probably be the next Bachelor.)
    The producers lately have seemed to love this cross-promotion.
    Marti

Great lists, everyone. I am on board with those who suggested Tony Geary, Genie Francis, Craig Ferguson, Mike Rowe and Bobby Sherman.

I'm going to be dating myself with a lot of these picks, but I would enjoy seeing any of these folks:

David Soul (Starsky and Hutch and starred with Bobby Sherman in Here Come the Brides)
    Gregory Harrison (Dr. Gonzo Gates on the TV show Trapper John, M.D.)
    Stephanie Zimbalist (Remington Steele)
    Stefanie Powers (Hart to Hart)
    Susan Dey (The Partridge Family and LA Law)
    Vanessa Williams (singer; Ugly Betty)
    Brett Michaels (singer)
    Andre Agassi (tennis player)
    Anna Kournikova (tennis player)
    M. Night Shymalan (director)

I dislike the reality stars, but I would make an exception for these guys:

Duff (Ace of Cakes)
    Clinton Kelly (What Not to Wear)

She's a bit overbooked at the moment but I would love to see Ellen DeGeneres.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3912924;
    How about someone from Star Trek? I don't see Patrick Stewart trying it, but maybe some of the co-stars?

The Next Generation co-stars:

LeVar Burton (born 1957)
    Jonathan Frakes (born 1952)
    Marina Sirtis (born 1955)
    Brent Spiner (born 1949)
    Michael Dorn (born 1952)
    Gates McFadden (born 1949)
    Wil Wheaton (born 1972)
    Colm Meaney (born 1953)

And of course there were two (or three?) series after TNG, plus the recent movies.

They might have big fan base. Has any Star Trek person been on the previous seasons?

No there haven't from any of the franchise's run (original series, Next Generation, DS9, Voyager or Enterprise).

Out of those you listed, I'd like to see pretty much any of them except Wil Wheaton (he just annoyed me). Other "ST" actors I'd like to see are possibly the fellow who played Odo (I can't spell his name right, but he also was on "Benson"), Alexander Siddig (though he has said that he prefers to not do stuff in America, but he was and still is dashing), Nana Visitor (but being married to Siddig could affect this), or either actress who played Dax (Ezri or Jadzia).

Voyager, I'd like to see possibly the fellow who played Neelix or Robert Picardo (the Doctor) from that show. There were few there whom I'd not like to see, but they're so few that it wouldn't bother me if any were on the show.

Enterprise - the only one I'd like to see is Scott Bakula, but that's just me. Liked him in pretty much anything he's been in.

I do think though that if we see any from the "ST" franchise, we may end up getting George Takai, the only original series actor who seems to be doing a lot of stuff now that isn't seen as a big name. Shatner is still acting pretty regularly and probably couldn't do it, Nimoy has retired from acting, I don't know about Nichelle Nicols, Walter Koening is currently mourning the loss of his son and I don't think he wants to be in the limelight anymore anyway, and of course sadly DeForest Kelley and James Doohan have passed away. (I could've seen Kelley do this - and it'd been fun to watch him dance).

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3915702;
    She's a bit overbooked at the moment but I would love to see Ellen DeGeneres.
    She would be good; however, she's a judge on a rival show that happens to be at the same time as the results show for "DWTS" (this case, "American Idol.")

Guess we could try to get Simon Cowell on the show, but I wonder if he'd actually go and criticize any of the judges for scoring their dances poorly.

+ Reply to Thread