+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

For the AARP card-carrying contestant, I'd like to nominate Suzy Chapstick - Suzanne Chaffee. Looks like she just turned 64.

FORT Newbie

Jay Leno to represent the older crowd!

FORT Regular

Frankly, after all the Bristol attention - I don't think DWTS will ever be ready for a same sex couple.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Ellen didn't seem that enthusiastic with the idea in the first place. Truthfully, I agree with the article-it'd be a media circus worse than Bristol. The whole thing seemed like one big ratings publicity bonanza, and I don't trust the show or the media to handle it well.

Portia was asked to do DWTS next season and turned them down: Portia de Rossi turns down 'Dancing With the Stars' | Inside TV | EW.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dancing with the Stars: NeNe Leakes Wants to Do the Show : People.com

Is NeNe Leakes Right for Dancing with the Stars?
    By Tim Nudd

Wednesday December 08, 2010 12:20 PM EST

Will NeNe Leakes be the first of Bravo's Real Housewives to be tapped for ABC's Dancing with the Stars?

The Atlanta Housewife, who's been getting a taste of reality competition while filming The Celebrity Apprentice, which is expected to air in March, says she'd be thrilled to get the call from the Dancing producers.

"Absolutely. They need a black girl like me. They really do," Leakes, 42, said on TBS's Lopez Tonight. "They need a black girl like me to keep it real on the show."

Leakes says she's a fan of the ballroom competition, and took a shine to one contestant in particular this season: Bristol Palin. "I just think she's a sweet girl," Leakes says. "I really enjoyed watching her."

So, does NeNe have what it takes to heat up the ballroom on DWTS? Take our poll.
    I don't watch any RH series so I know nothing about NeNe. But that comment above that I bolded? I don't get what she means They've had plenty of black women on this show that I think held their own just fine, so I don't know what she thinks she'll add that's different.

Lindsay Lohan gives cold shoulder to Dancing With The Stars
    Dancing With The Stars honchos wanted LiLo for ratings boost.
    By Kat Angus, Postmedia News December 9, 2010 11:03 AM

Lohan's rep denied reports that the actress will compete on the next season of Dancing with the Stars

For an actress desperately trying to rehabilitate her image, a spot on the next season of Dancing with the Stars could be just what Lindsay Lohan needs. But despite Internet rumours this week, the actress’ rep said that it’s extremely unlikely.

“She isn’t doing Dancing with the Stars,” Lohan’s publicist told the New York Daily News.

RadarOnline first reported that Dancing with the Stars was courting Lohan for their upcoming season, and just this week, sources claimed the Mean Girls star was seriously considering their offer.

"She is definitely interested and considering being on the show," the source said.. "Lindsay's treatment team thinks Dancing with the Stars would be a perfect transition back to work for her. She would have a set schedule every day, would be occupied and would be very productive.

"Lindsay wanted their approval before proceeding in talks with the producers and she got it.”

But it looks like Radar’s report was all conjecture. Still, Dancing with the Stars isn’t giving up on recruiting some high-profile names: after all the attention (good and bad) Bristol Palin attracted this season, producers are reportedly courting Tea Party politician Christine O’Donnell.

“Christine is not a bad idea at all,” an ABC exec told Popeater last month. “After Kate Gosselin and Cloris Leachman, O’Donnell would fit right in. She certainly would be so controversial that the amount of press attention and buzz the show would get would be huge. Plus, you know they would make her dance in a witch’s hat with a broomstick.”

Meanwhile, Popeater revealed this week that Portia DeGeneres turned down Dancing with the Stars’ offer to become part of the show’s first same-sex couple – and since she’s not interested, producers have scrapped the same-sex plan for the season.

"If Portia had agreed then this would have been a done deal," an ABC insider said. "She was the only star that could have pulled this off without completely offending the program's conservative viewers."
    I like Portia, so I'm sad she won't be doing the show (with or without a same sex pairing). I have my doubts the show would really consider another politician, especially someone who will be equally as controversial as another Tea Party candidate. It'll be the same issues as with Bristol, except worse.
    Last edited by karalott; 12-09-2010 at 05:15 PM.

NeNe would be good for the show, because Anderson Cooper would sit in the audience and root for her.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Is AC a fan of hers?
    I wonder if Andy will have him on Watch What Happens Live?
    Would love to see him on that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

AC's a big NeNe fan, he's even talked about it on his CNN show. He was also one of Andy Cohen's Midnight Booty Calls on Watch What Happens...

YouTube - "Real Housewives of Atlanta" NeNe Leakes Faints Over Anderson

YouTube - Anderson Cooper talks about Real Housewives of Atlanta--Midnight Booty Call

NeNe might say some inappropriate things (and she probably has lead feet), but it might be good for some laughs.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread