+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

FORT Fogey

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4117021;
    Well, he'd certainly make for headlines Better him than one of his mistresses. After all, despite being a cheater, he is a star, unlike them. If they really want to pull at viewers sympathy, they should cast Elin. She has as much star power as Bristol, but I think viewers would go easier on her and support her more (though wasn't she a model? So maybe more claim to fame than just being married/related to someone famous). I definitely think it'd be easier coming up with people that would bring controversy, and I mean people who are actually stars and not just known (entirely) for their tabloid scandals.

I heard Alicia Sacramone wanted to do the show. She said so after the Beijing Olympics, but Shawn ended up getting cast the following spring. I don't know what Alicia's status is as a gymnast (heard she retired, but came out of retirement and was hoping to go to London in 2012). We know DWTS would conflict with some athletes schedules that are currently active, but I don't know how it goes for people involved in the under exposed sports

I'd much prefer Elin to Tiger, and yes, she had a fairly successful modeling career prior to marrying Tiger (maybe even after...I don't recall; after she had kids, I think she just concentrated on raising them). Her only claim to fame wouldn't be just marrying him. I have no idea if she can dance, but she'd certainly look good in the costumes. And yeah, I think she'd definitely be a more sympathetic contestant than any of the mistresses or even Tiger himself, plus, if they're worried about "family friendly" contestants, they're probably better off staying away from someone who's admitted to being a serial cheater and gone through treatment for a sex addiction (and from anyone who's main claim to fame is being the mistress of a married man). Elin's simply the wronged ex-wife. That would be a lot easier for most people to take.

I think I just saw Alicia competing, so I'm pretty sure she's aiming at London 2012. If that's the case, DWTS may have to wait for a couple of years.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7;4117036;
    How about this group, Rod Stewart, Adam Lambert (dancing with Lacey), Tara Reid (needs a career boost), Janice Dickenson (after she gets out of Celebrity Rehab), Steve Martin, Lisa Joyner (former television host married to Jon Cryer, nice lady, great personality), Tabatha Coffey from Tabatha's Salon Takeover ( she makes Janice look like Mother Teresa).

Now I'm picturing how Janice and/or Tabatha would respond to what they felt was unfair criticism. And Carrie Ann thought Maks was out of line....

I'm also picturing either of them with Derek. Tabatha wouldn't let him get away with the juvenile mugging (and might make him shave that dreadful beard he's attempting to grow). Janice would just take him apart.

I had a bad feeling when they flashed to the audience last time and Omarosa was out there smiling away. Please...no, just no....another one trick pony mental case famous for doing nothing but being on a reality show and being a beotch on it.

Okay I totally just hijacked this from the comments on a blog about who should be on DWTS 12, but I LOVE this idea:

Tia or Tamera Mowery from Sister Sister

I'd take one or both of them! Their little brother Taj would probably be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4117457;
    I had a bad feeling when they flashed to the audience last time and Omarosa was out there smiling away. Please...no, just no....another one trick pony mental case famous for doing nothing but being on a reality show and being a beotch on it.
    I don't think they'd do that because Omorosa was on a reality GAME show on a RIVAL network (even if they have been barrel scrappers in ratings lately). That would involve some negotiations that I don't think ABC would want to deal with.

As far as Tia and Tamara, that'd be cute, but because they're identical twins, that can lead to some confusion. Still... I wouldn't mind them since we saw how Kyle did this year, and they too are a delight to watch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4117941;
    I don't think they'd do that because Omorosa was on a reality GAME show on a RIVAL network (even if they have been barrel scrappers in ratings lately). That would involve some negotiations that I don't think ABC would want to deal with.

As far as Tia and Tamara, that'd be cute, but because they're identical twins, that can lead to some confusion. Still... I wouldn't mind them since we saw how Kyle did this year, and they too are a delight to watch.
    I think the other consideration with identical twins is if they both expressed a desire to be on the show, how could one be chosen without the other one feeling slighted? Of course, if only one were available or only one even cared to be on the show, then there's no problem.

FORT Newbie

I'd love to see a news anchor on. Say, someone like Brian Williams from NBC or Shep from Fox!

Now first of all this is not who I want to see on the show....

I read an article that the producers were so happy with all the Bristol stuff that they want more of the same.

Supposedly they know they won't get Sarah Palin on so they would love to get her hubby on.

Just saying what I saw and if that happens we know what is in store for the next season............

FORT Newbie

I have read the suggestions about Todd Palin too. I BEG the producers not to go down that road. Please don't let the show descend into political theater like so much else in our culture.

I started watching DWTS in season 3, soon after my daughter was killed (4 years ago next week). It was the only TV show I could watch that didn't have emotional triggers, that was fun and happy, that truly helped me to escape. My whole extended family got turned on to the show and we enjoyed calling or texting each other after different performances. My daughter had been taking ballroom dancing in college the semester she was killed, and I liked to imagine her watching with me.

I've LOVED every season until this past one. I don't like Sarah Palin at all and didn't enjoy hearing her "poor me" routine echoed by Bristol. However, I honestly would have felt the same if the child of a political figure I like had gone on there, been a mediocre dancer, and made it to the finals because of an organized political bloc of callers. Of course mediocre dancers have been kept on for a few extra weeks before, but certainly not all the way to the finals. What really turned me off was that I felt it polluted the spirit of the show by importing the nasty "gotcha" aspect of current American politics into what has been a fun, distracting, frothy few hours of weekly entertainment. I was really disappointed in this season.

Bringing Todd Palin (especially) or another polarizing political figure on to the program will ruin it again for me.
    Last edited by XenasMom; 12-04-2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: misspelling

FORT Regular

I'd like to see Kristen Alderson from One Life to Live compete on DWTS.

+ Reply to Thread