+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

FORT Fogey

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4116374;
    There was a jockey named Chantel Sutherland whose been rumored to do the show a couple of seasons now. I'm surprised they have yet to have a baseball or hockey player on, as those seem to be some of the more pretty mainstream sports along with football.

Carol Burnett has said she wouldn't do the show because of how much time and work it consists of. For the "older stars", I'd like to see Morgan Fairchild, Tim Matheson, Marilu Henner, and John Schneider (there's definitely more, but it's late here on my end). I know ABC can't overload the cast with Olympians, but it makes me wonder if they broadcast the Olympics, if we'd get a lot more cross overs. Jackie Joyner-Keerse comes to mind that would fit that token older celeb/Olympian slot, and she's involved with various charitable causes. Amanda Beard, the swimmer, or another gymnast (if Louis can get them-they'd be short enough for him). Even though they'd fall into the ringer category, I'd love to see Kelly Rowland from Destiny's Child or Tionne Watkins/Rozanda Thomas from TLC fame (if we're going to have ringers).

Just please, no more politcians or their offspring.

Chantal Sutherland was on Animal Planet's Jockeys (season two). She's Canadian and was the original jockey for Mine That Bird. She was also Mike Smith's girlfriend, but they broke up--and the edit he got on that show made me dislike him a lot. In general, a lot of the male jockeys treated Chantal and the other female jockey featured on the show (an Australian whose name is escaping me) like crap.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4116365;
    Only "political" thing I've read him doing was of course Goodwill.

What can I say, behind Katt as Ralph, Grandy as Gopher was the second character I remember watching on TV ever. And like "Greatest American Hero," I went a long time not watching "The Love Boat," but specifically remembered him down to how he acted without watching an episode for years.

Even Koppell, Ted Lange (Isaac) or Captain Stubbing would be better than any political figure who is active in government and would use this show to tout their views.

Then again - I doubt the show would get themselves into trouble with either side of the political spectrum and put in a politician from either side and not the other. (Well that or we get one from BOTH sides, and even there neither would be able to win because the political parties would go on a voting campaign to get the other candidate out.)

Frankly, I just don't like politicians or children of politicians on this show, because they truly are not stars in the sense of the word.

Stars that are non-acting IMHO are our soldiers, firefighters, police officers, EMTs, etc. Put one of them on instead (a regular joe BTW, not a high military official)
    Hey, at one point Bobby Sherman was working as an EMT--this was after Here Come the Brides--so he'd qualify on that level too.

FORT Fogey

Hi Tilden - " . . . and the hills the greenest green, in Seattle!" I would bet on it!!

"Like a beautiful child/Running free, running wild/Full of hopes and full of fears/Full of laughter/ Full of tears/Full of dreams to last the years/Are in Seattle/In Seattle!"

FORT Fogey

Someone mentioned gymnasts....Nadia Comaneci has said she'd love to do the show (she threw her hat--or leotard--in the ring after they cast Kristi). Perhaps they could do a two-fer and get her and husband Bart Connor at the same time.

Tiger Woods

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4116971;
    Tiger Woods
    Oh, that'd be perfect. No controversy there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4116912;
    "Like a beautiful child/Running free, running wild/Full of hopes and full of fears/Full of laughter/ Full of tears/Full of dreams to last the years/Are in Seattle/In Seattle!"
    Oh, great. Now I have that song stuck in my head!! Thanks a lot!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4116974;
    Oh, that'd be perfect. No controversy there at all.
    Well, he'd certainly make for headlines Better him than one of his mistresses. After all, despite being a cheater, he is a star, unlike them. If they really want to pull at viewers sympathy, they should cast Elin. She has as much star power as Bristol, but I think viewers would go easier on her and support her more (though wasn't she a model? So maybe more claim to fame than just being married/related to someone famous). I definitely think it'd be easier coming up with people that would bring controversy, and I mean people who are actually stars and not just known (entirely) for their tabloid scandals.

Someone mentioned gymnasts....Nadia Comaneci has said she'd love to do the show (she threw her hat--or leotard--in the ring after they cast Kristi). Perhaps they could do a two-fer and get her and husband Bart Connor at the same time.
    I heard Alicia Sacramone wanted to do the show. She said so after the Beijing Olympics, but Shawn ended up getting cast the following spring. I don't know what Alicia's status is as a gymnast (heard she retired, but came out of retirement and was hoping to go to London in 2012). We know DWTS would conflict with some athletes schedules that are currently active, but I don't know how it goes for people involved in the under exposed sports

How about this group, Rod Stewart, Adam Lambert (dancing with Lacey), Tara Reid (needs a career boost), Janice Dickenson (after she gets out of Celebrity Rehab), Steve Martin, Lisa Joyner (former television host married to Jon Cryer, nice lady, great personality), Tabatha Coffey from Tabatha's Salon Takeover ( she makes Janice look like Mother Teresa).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm surprised Janice has yet to show up on this show. Or the Celebrity Apprentice. I feel like she's making her living nowadays by reality show hopping. She'd be an interesting character to have around, but I feel like I might be surprised in her ability. I read once Tara Reid was considered "too un-family friendly" for the show, but given who've they've cast in recent seasons, she's like a saint in comparision.

Someone else I'd like to see is former AFV co-host Daisy Fuentes. A few others that came to mind were Vanessa Marcil (soap star and would fit into the casting of former 90210 alumni), Ed O'Neil (on ABC and would fit the token older slot-plus I still love Married with Children), and his TV daughter Christina Applegate.

+ Reply to Thread