+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

FORT Fogey

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4116358;
    Last time I checked, he was no longer a senator from Iowa, but now just does Goodwill stuff. Besides, most general public would recognize him for Gopher over the senator or Goodwill stuff, and if they know the latter, more for Goodwill since he's still doing that.

Then again, even as a senator, he was hardly the controversial type a la Palin, Tom DeLay, or say if Ted Kennedy had been on the show. I don't think he'd be that big of an issue here compared to the others.

I wasn't concerned about him being controversial or even about being recognized more as a senator than as Gopher. I just didn't know how politically active--and thus busy--he still was.

Quote Originally Posted by RichLP;4115265;
    How about some chefs?

Bobby Flay, Alton Brown, Gordon Ramsey(LOL), Emeril Lagasse... I know they had the "chairman", but how about some of the real chefs?
    I would go Morimoto myself, but I've always liked "Iron Chef" and "Iron Chef America" when he was on the show regularly.

That said, the choices you listed would be good - and if it were Ramsay, he'd have the chance to truly show his softer side (and it'd be a hoot to see say Cheryl or Lacey have say a "Swear Jar" where he has to put in money every time he cusses - the money going toward a charity.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4116357;
    I think it depends on how you define A-list celebrity. An awful lot of the sports figures who've appeared on the show have achieved top awards in their fields--Apollo, Shawn, Kristi, and Evan all have Olympic gold medals, for instance. Evan was even the reigning Olympic gold medalist in men's figure skating when he appeared. In addition, I'd say Buzz Aldrin is about as A-list as you can get in terms of achievement. Not a lot of people have walked on the moon. Even if you're just looking at general recognition level, I'd like to think that a lot of people would know the names of recent Olympic gold medalists and moon walking astronauts.
    I agree, that's why I gave that link so that mushybrain could judge for themself.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4116354;
    Chelsie is overdue for a decent partner, especially after how hard she worked with Louie and Ty--and after getting Michael Bolton this season. And I agree with you that I don't like ringers and I don't like complete duds. I like contestants who have at least a little potential and are willing to work hard to improve. Kyle was like that this season.
    Chelsie's the only one who really hasn't struck gold in the casting line up. True, Jake was the best dancer she's had and he was decent, but his attitude and sense of entitlement was worse than Kate's dancing. Even Lacey and Dmitry, who've been on as long as her, have made it to the finals once and gotten lucky with their partners. I love watching Chelsie dance and I would love to see what she can really come up with if she had the partner who could take it. Same with Louis. I loved pretty much every dance he put together for Monique Coleman (next to Kelly, that's my favorite Louis partner), and I would love to see him get that caliber again. As I mentioned, Kyle took me awhile to warm up to, but he really fit the underdog/most improved category. I remember a few comments popping up in the finale discussion thread about how there was no mention of Kyle in any of the video packages that revolved around all the drama, tears, and blow ups. Len paid him the highest compliment. Kyle's what this show is about for me, and I felt for him that there was no way he was winning. It's bad enough when the viewers know, but I can't imagine being the contestant standing there and waiting to not hear my name called as the winner.

Brandi is someone I would love to see. I grew to love her and her partner, Julio Iglesias jr, on Superstars. They really impressed me and I was crushed when they were eliminated. I think it was on the show that Maks was giving her a little dance lesson (Brandi posted some of her own videos online, so I can't remember if that's where I saw it-Maks also gave Lisa Leslie and how own partner, Kristi, some dance training). If not her, how about Mia Hamm? In terms of the show having A-list stars, I guess it depends what you'd consider famous. Quite a few of these celebs were big back in the day and, if the show was around then, probably wouldn't be caught on it.

And speaking of Seinfeld, I'd love to get Julia-Louis Dreyfuss on the show. Maybe we can get her to do the Elaine dance

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4116360;
    I wasn't concerned about him being controversial or even about being recognized more as a senator than as Gopher. I just didn't know how politically active--and thus busy--he still was.
    Only "political" thing I've read him doing was of course Goodwill.

What can I say, behind Katt as Ralph, Grandy as Gopher was the second character I remember watching on TV ever. And like "Greatest American Hero," I went a long time not watching "The Love Boat," but specifically remembered him down to how he acted without watching an episode for years.

Even Koppell, Ted Lange (Isaac) or Captain Stubbing would be better than any political figure who is active in government and would use this show to tout their views.

Then again - I doubt the show would get themselves into trouble with either side of the political spectrum and put in a politician from either side and not the other. (Well that or we get one from BOTH sides, and even there neither would be able to win because the political parties would go on a voting campaign to get the other candidate out.)

Frankly, I just don't like politicians or children of politicians on this show, because they truly are not stars in the sense of the word.

Stars that are non-acting IMHO are our soldiers, firefighters, police officers, EMTs, etc. Put one of them on instead (a regular joe BTW, not a high military official)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4116343;
    I haven't watched every season of DWTS, so can someone tell me if there has ever been a truly A-List celebrity on the show (even if they were on the A List long ago)?

I think any of these people would be entertaining:

From Old TV Series
    ------------------

Bobby Sherman (Here Come The Brides)
    David McCallum (Illya Kuryakin on The Man From U.N.C.L.E and currently on NCIS)
    Diana Rigg (Mrs. Peel on the Avengers)
    Stefanie Powers (Hart-to-Hart)
    Stephanie Zimbalist (Remington Steele)

Reality TV Personalities
    ----------------------

Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs)
    Billy the Exterminator
    Duff Goldman (Ace of Cakes)

Sports Figures
    --------------

Brandy Chastain (Soccer)
    Dawn Staley (B-ball)
    David Beckham (Soccer)
    Ryne Sandberg (Baseball)
    Sammy Sosa (Baseball)
    Chris Evert (Tennis)

And please, please, please no more political figures! I don't think they will go after Christine O'Donnell, no matter how much her pal Palin is pushing for her. She is just not well-known enough to bring in ratings. (I hope I'm right!)

Bobby Sherman? Man, that's a blast from the past, as is Here Come the Brides. Do you suppose they'd have him dance to his very own version of the show's theme song? "The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle..."

As long as we're considering classic television shows, I doubt they could get Carol Burnett, but what about Vicki Lawrence?

I think it's high time we had a baseball player on DWTS. I don't know why they've never had one. Or what about a jockey? I know they're short, but so are a number of the female pros.

I also like the idea of Brandy Chastain. For that matter, there are any number of lesser known sports than football and basketball that could supply athletes and perhaps get some more attention paid to their sports in return.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4116366;
    Bobby Sherman? Man, that's a blast from the past, as is Here Come the Brides. Do you suppose they'd have him dance to his very own version of the show's theme song? "The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle..."

As long as we're considering classic television shows, I doubt they could get Carol Burnett, but what about Vicki Lawrence?

I think it's high time we had a baseball player on DWTS. I don't know why they've never had one. Or what about a jockey? I know they're short, but so are a number of the female pros.

I also like the idea of Brandy Chastain. For that matter, there are any number of lesser known sports than football and basketball that could supply athletes and perhaps get some more attention paid to their sports in return.
    There was a jockey named Chantel Sutherland whose been rumored to do the show a couple of seasons now. I'm surprised they have yet to have a baseball or hockey player on, as those seem to be some of the more pretty mainstream sports along with football.

Carol Burnett has said she wouldn't do the show because of how much time and work it consists of. For the "older stars", I'd like to see Morgan Fairchild, Tim Matheson, Marilu Henner, and John Schneider (there's definitely more, but it's late here on my end). I know ABC can't overload the cast with Olympians, but it makes me wonder if they broadcast the Olympics, if we'd get a lot more cross overs. Jackie Joyner-Keerse comes to mind that would fit that token older celeb/Olympian slot, and she's involved with various charitable causes. Amanda Beard, the swimmer, or another gymnast (if Louis can get them-they'd be short enough for him). Even though they'd fall into the ringer category, I'd love to see Kelly Rowland from Destiny's Child or Tionne Watkins/Rozanda Thomas from TLC fame (if we're going to have ringers).

Just please, no more politcians or their offspring.

Elena Dementieva (Russian tennis player) paired with Maks OR: Carrie Ann Inaba paired with Maks

GSP (MMA) paired with Chelsie Hightower (he's very teachable and Chuck Liddell paved his way).

Brande Roderick

Ivanka Trump paired with Tony D.

I don't want to see Christine O'Donnell (she needs to do something where she can't lose again).

They should bring back Kim Kardashian (because she doesn't get enough media attention).

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4116374;
    There was a jockey named Chantel Sutherland whose been rumored to do the show a couple of seasons now. I'm surprised they have yet to have a baseball or hockey player on, as those seem to be some of the more pretty mainstream sports along with football.
    If they had either, they'd have to be retired baseball/football players, because the show tends to fall during both of those seasons (either tail end of baseball or all of football) and they don't have any time really to do both.

That said, retired players I wouldn't mind seeing are Craig Biggio (who's teaching baseball in Houston at a school, but the season's over during the fall show season), Jeff Bagwell, Cal Ripken Jr., and Nolan Ryan. (Please note, I'm an Astros fan, so most of the retired players I know were Astros at least some time in their lives. )

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4116352;
    You can check this thread to judge who has been the most A-list celebrity to come on the show: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ion-lists.html .
    Thanks for the list, Crossing Guard. I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;
    Bobby Sherman? Man, that's a blast from the past, as is Here Come the Brides. Do you suppose they'd have him dance to his very own version of the show's theme song? The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle...".
    Hi Tilden - " . . . and the hills the greenest green, in Seattle!" I would bet on it!!

Hi Karalott - I don't know if Mia Hamm would even consider doing it. She is not outgoing like Brandi Chastain, and might be too much of a perfectionist. But I'd still love to see her. Since a baseball player might be interesting, maybe they could get Mia's husband, Nomar Garciaparra, who used to play for the Boston Red Sox. Then we could see Mia in the audience!

+ Reply to Thread