+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

FORT Fogey

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4115105;
    I love it!!!!

Someone mentioned Pete Sampras, I don't know if he would do it. Even in his heyday he was a pretty low key player.

Actually, I mentioned Pete Sampras. If you think he's too low key, there's always John McEnroe.

FORT Fogey

I mentioned male pairs skaters without being specific, but it occurred to me that John Zimmerman has done reality television (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy), so maybe he'd be willing to take on something that was more of a challenge this time. I realize a lot of people wouldn't necessarily know him, but I'm not sure that would matter, as he would be athletic enough and musical enough to do decently, I should think, and he's got eye candy potential. If Paul Martini would be willing to forsake Canada for a while, I wouldn't mind seeing him either. Heck, Denis Petrov is on Skating with the Stars right now, and he's still in excellent shape. Wouldn't mind seeing him either.

How about some chefs?

Bobby Flay, Alton Brown, Gordon Ramsey(LOL), Emeril Lagasse... I know they had the "chairman", but how about some of the real chefs?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4115261;
    Actually, I mentioned Pete Sampras. If you think he's too low key, there's always John McEnroe.
    John said he wouldn't do it, but did say they need someone to redeem Monica Seles. John would certainly be entertaining I don't follow tennis that closely, I admit, but I never thought Pete was low key at all. Maria Sharapova and the Williams sisters would get my vote. I pretty much only know the bigger names in the sport. How about Steffi Graf?

A slight side note, but Tony tweeted he'll be judging the Miss America pageant in January, which is back on ABC (Brooke is co-hosting if anyone cares). Anyway, he received a tweet from actress and former Miss America Lee Meriwether that said she was happy about him joining the MA family, and I remember reading once Lee was trying to get on the show as she's a fan. They've had pageant girls before, so I wonder if maybe we'll see a crossover from that. We know how much ABC loves to cross promote their shows.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-27-2010 at 02:25 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RichLP;4115265;
    How about some chefs?

Bobby Flay, Alton Brown, Gordon Ramsey(LOL), Emeril Lagasse... I know they had the "chairman", but how about some of the real chefs?

As someone else mentioned, they did have Rocco DiSpirito, but he didn't do very well. Maybe that soured them on chefs.

But if they were looking for chefs, there's several seasons worth of candidates, male and female, from Top Chef, if they'd consider a cross-over from a Bravo show, Bravo being owned by NBC. Of course, there's also all the designers from Project Runway too, and I don't think they've ever done a designer (but please, not Gretchen). Hmmm....I wonder if Tim Gunn can dance....

On the other hand, it would be fun to watch Nina Garcia or Michael Kors have to be judged for a change. Or wear something really tacky and have no choice in the matter.

FORT Fogey

Have they ever had anyone from Animal Planet? What about Victoria Stillwell of It's Me or the Dog?

How about a whole season of good dancers like the Nicoles, Mel Bs, Jennifers, Brandis etc. That would be way more entertaining than a season of Bristols, Kates, Boltens and comediennes. That way it would be more fair and competitive. Or have 2 categories.... ones with dance experience and ones with none.... then have the winner of those categories face off at the end for the mirrorball, then the eliminations would be fair and at the end the audience can decide if they want good or improved
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4115266;
    John said he wouldn't do it, but did say they need someone to redeem Monica Seles. John would certainly be entertaining I don't follow tennis that closely, I admit, but I never thought Pete was low key at all. Maria Sharapova and the Williams sisters would get my vote. I pretty much only know the bigger names in the sport. How about Steffi Graf?
    He just wasn't the wild showman that someone like an Agassi was in his time. I doubt if Andre would do it, but I would love to see that. The Williams would probably have to wait until they officially retire. Maybe Anna Kournikova?? She is pretty much retired. Or Lindsey Davenport?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4115462;
    How about a whole season of good dancers like the Nicoles, Mel Bs, Jennifers, Brandis etc. That would be way more entertaining than a season of Bristols, Kates, Boltens and comediennes. That way it would be more fair and competitive. Or have 2 categories.... ones with dance experience and ones with none.... then have the winner of those categories face off at the end for the mirrorball, then the eliminations would be fair and at the end the audience can decide if they want good or improved
    The problem with a whole season of good dancers, I think, would be that the judges would start throwing out tens the way they did with Nicole S. in week two. If everyone's getting tens by the third or fourth week, it might take some of the fun out of it. They'd either have to change the scoring system some or change the requirements to make sure the good dancer contestants were being pushed to improve--like maybe requiring certain moves in each dance to be incorporated into the choreography as the pro saw fit.

I don't know why it has to be either no dance experience or a lot of it either. I think it's possible--it might even be easier--to find people who are somewhere midway between Kate and Nicole, so they wouldn't be awful to watch in the beginning but it wouldn't be a foregone conclusion who was going to win from the first night and/or the announcement of the cast. They did that in earlier seasons. For instance, whether you think he should have won or not, I don't think many people thought Helio was necessarily going to be in the finals when they heard the cast announced. Yes, he's a sports professional, but it's not like driving a race car necessarily sounds like much of an advantage in ballroom dance. Ditto Warren Sapp and Emmitt Smith. I don't think everyone thought, "Hey, they'll be in the finals" from the get go.

I also think it might well be possible to find a comedienne who would be a decent dancer. They just haven't done that yet. Heck, look at the Olympic athletes. You've got some winners in there, but you've also got Louis Vito, who, while I found him entertaining in his own way, wasn't going to win and everybody knew it.

Martha Stewart's daughter, Alexa, would be interesting. She definitely has issues and a bad attitude and would probably not last long but she is very pretty and would be good TV but only if paired with Max, she would eat Tony for lunch, she needs a strong type that takes no BS.

Please, no more comediennes. Unless it's Jerry Seinfeld or maybe Jeff Foxworthy. NOT Larry git 'er done....please... and I could live without soap stars. Not that many people watch soaps to know who they are. I don't but I'm sure it would be fun for those who do watch. I agree, no more political types of any color or stripe.

+ Reply to Thread