+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;4114698;
    If we're hoping for a season minus former dancers then I think Betty White would have to
    be left off the list. Pretty sure she's a former dancer.
    I think the guy from "Dirty Jobs" would
    be a good pick. Seems like he's willing to try anything.
    Betty White is 88 - I don't think it matters how much experience she has, she wouldn't be considered a ringer at that age

I think I'd like to see Shelley Long or Ted Danson as the token older dancers (was just watching an old episode of Cheers... can you tell )
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Good heavens - Betty White, imagine her trying to accomplish a jive..... But I'd love to see her just for the comedy factor.

the bachelor will be ending just as the next season will be starting and I think there's a contestant who has a dance background - just saying.....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4114785;
    Good heavens - Betty White, imagine her trying to accomplish a jive..... But I'd love to see her just for the comedy factor. the bachelor will be ending just as the next season will be starting and I think there's a contestant who has a dance background - just saying.....
    She sure has had a revival of her career hasn't she she's soooo funny, love her... can you imagine her comebacks to Len???
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4113570;
    I heard Alison Arngrim (television's Nellie Olsen from Little House on the Prairie) speak on a book tour, and she said she'd do DWTS in a minute, because they'd pay her to have someone else whip her into shape (she's not that terribly out of shape, but she's not Jennifer Grey either). She also told me later, when I ran into her, that according to her agent, she was three down from Florence on the list of former television stars they'd consider, so she was hopeful.

Alison is very politically active, but she's associated with causes--AIDS and child abuse advocacy--as opposed to any particular party or branch thereof, and I don't know that working on behalf of AIDS patients or abused children is really anything that is politically polarizing. Plus, I don't know that the general public is aware of her work in those areas, unless they've read her book (which even the Library Journal now has on their list of top recommended non-fiction).

She's funny and she doesn't take herself overly seriously. I have no idea if she can dance, but she's probably be fun to have on the show.
    I think she'd be great too - she's got humor, and will basically roll with the punches. In fact, she did this parody of "I'm flying" for the TV Land awards a couple of years ago - dressed as Nellie complete with corset and ringlets. That case, she was also harnessed to a flier and had to fly around.

If she could handle that, she can handle the show. Also, her advocacy areas need a little more light to them, especially the abused children one (doubly if she is a spokeswoman for CASA), and it'd be a GOOD reason to have her on the show as a "public activist" (or whatever Bristol was seen as).

Also, someone mentioned Michelle Kwan. I don't think she'd be available as she's either a newly minted M.A. from Tufts or about to be one--she wants to pursue a career in international diplomacy. However, I still think if they want an older woman who could look gorgeous on the floor, they should try to get Dorothy Hamill. Nobody does elegant like Dorothy. Or if they want a skater who's looking for some redemption, and if she could work it out with her probation, there's always Nicole Bobek.

As for other Olympians, I wouldn't mind seeing Greg Louganis either. He's got a kind of Clark Cable vibe going now.
    There are several skaters that'd fit your requirements - Nancy Kerrigan, Tara Lipinski, etc. I'm not sure any would want to do it, but there are several including Hamill (BTW a good choice too) to look at.

Male skaters save Evan tend to be really short (Scott Hamilton and Paul Wylie - the two I could see do this, are about 5'5" or so), so I'd be surprised if any competed unless it was with the shorter dancers.

I still keep my hopes up for actresses such as Connie Sellecca or an older actress and would like to see someone like William Katt (though admittedly he could be seen as a ringer - he can dance) or Fred Grandy (Gopher on the Love Boat) or Bernie Koppell on the show. Someone who people would be interested in seeing again, could possibly dance and best of all isn't either hot, young or gimmicky (well unless they had say Katt wear the red superhero suit again he wore on "Greatest American Hero.")

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air - uh huh, I would love to see Katt on this show.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Oh yes, Alison Arngrim!!!! Maybe time to start a write in campaign??

Time a male tennis player got on.... Jimmy Connors?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4114785;
    Good heavens - Betty White, imagine her trying to accomplish a jive..... But I'd love to see her just for the comedy factor.

the bachelor will be ending just as the next season will be starting and I think there's a contestant who has a dance background - just saying.....
    Let's petition for Betty White to replace Brooke Burke. We could use a little levity after some of the dances and she and Tom could play off one another!

Or she could join Dance Central (is that what it's called??)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4114708;
    The problem with current working news anchors is they can't take time off work. They work every day. That's why we need to catch has-beens or stars who are between gigs.

ETA: Have we had any chefs a la Martha or Emeril? They work too hard also I guess. Oh what about Tony Bourdain!
    I forgot to mention about Martha, but apparently she's a fan who wants to do the show. She was in the audience this season several times. I just hope she wouldn't get Maks, Tony, or Louis (though she might be too tall for him )

There's a lot of celebs I'd love to see fit the token older star slot that I think would do it justice and not be a train wreck. Florence wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, but I will always be curious how she would have done without Corky. I'd still root for Christie Brinkley, Jaclyn Smith, or Cheryl Ladd.

I think it's safe to say Betty White could have been a professional award winning ballroom pro and likely wouldn't pose any ringer threat She said the older slot has gotten filled nicely so she sees no point in doing the show, but I think she'd be a riot to have around. I loved seeing her play beer pong on Jimmy Kimmell and then the look on her face when she was on Ellen and she brought out a male dancer to give her a lap dance Betty's what I aspire to be acting like at 88 (not to mention she looks pretty darn good for her age). I keep reading all over how Sarah Palin is trying to get Christine O'Donnell on the show; with 2012 being another nasty election year, I hope both sides don't try to bombard these shows with their candidates and view points. I've tuned out of so many programs because I got tired of politics hijacking the show, and I'd hate to see DWTS turn into that I want this show to go back to being fun.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4114783;
    . . . Ted Danson as the token older dancers (was just watching an old episode of Cheers... can you tell )
    I recall an episode of Cheers where Sam and Carla were dancing.

However, you would enjoy the movie "Body Heat" (circa 1981) - a great mystery. Ted Danson plays a prosecutor who is a pretty darned good dancer.

+ Reply to Thread