+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4114591;
    I'm not sure Tiffani Thiessen would be available as she's on White Collar on USA, which might present another problem--isn't USA owned by NBC? I don't think ABC would want to promote someone on a rival network.
    They kinda promoted Sarah Palin and she's on FOX. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4114124;
    I don't know if anyone in the news would be willing to go to a show like DWTS
    Giselle Fernandez was on DWTS Season 2 (third to be eliminated). She’s an emmy winning journalist, has done CBS News and also NBC News. Tucker Carlson was on Season 3 (first to be eliminated).

I don't think either Anderson Cooper or Nancy Grace would do it. By the way, Larry King said he has been asked but said no. (whew! thank goodness! I mean, come ON.)
    Last edited by tango7; 11-25-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Now that Harry Potter films are finished filming, I would LOVE to see an All HP cast, even though they still have star-power and the world is their oyster.

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter)
    Emma Watson (Hermione Granger)
    Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley)
    Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy)
    Alan Rickman (Severus Snape)
    Robbie Coltrane (Rubeus Hagrid)
    Emma Thompson (Sybill Trelawney)
    Kenneth Branagh (Gilderoy Lockhart)
    Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort)
    Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;4114638;
    Now that Harry Potter films are finished filming, I would LOVE to see an All HP cast, even though they still have star-power and the world is their oyster.

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter)
    Emma Watson (Hermione Granger)
    Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley)
    Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy)
    Alan Rickman (Severus Snape)
    Robbie Coltrane (Rubeus Hagrid)
    Emma Thompson (Sybill Trelawney)
    Kenneth Branagh (Gilderoy Lockhart)
    Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort)
    Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom)
    Unfortunately, that would only work if the viewer were a fan of Harry Potter. I have never missed an episode of DWTS, but I have never read a word of Harry Potter, not have I seen any of the movies....I suppose I would have to take the season off then!!

The Potter fans would love it, though, I'm sure....

FORT Fanatic

If we're hoping for a season minus former dancers then I think Betty White would have to
    be left off the list. Pretty sure she's a former dancer. I think the guy from "Dirty Jobs" would
    be a good pick. Seems like he's willing to try anything.

Marla Maples!! She's been in the front row a few times and lives nearby...a natural!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4114636;
    Giselle Fernandez was on DWTS Season 2 (third to be eliminated). She’s an emmy winning journalist, has done CBS News and also NBC News. Tucker Carlson was on Season 3 (first to be eliminated).

I don't think either Anderson Cooper or Nancy Grace would do it. By the way, Larry King said he has been asked but said no. (whew! thank goodness! I mean, come ON.)
    I always forget about Giselle (and Tatum O'Neal for that matter). Season 2 goes from Kenny Mayne to Master P, and I usually forget Tia Carrerre in there, too. Okay, so for some not serious news types, how about Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart? I don't really know of any news anchors off hand who would consider it. Maybe someone on GMA.

Larry King would probably be a Jerry Springer type contestant. Or maybe Buzz Aldrin were it wouldn't even be funny watching him get dragged across the floor and afraid he'd fall and break something. So I'm not surprised he's been asked, but hope he sticks to his word.

The problem with current working news anchors is they can't take time off work. They work every day. That's why we need to catch has-beens or stars who are between gigs.

ETA: Have we had any chefs a la Martha or Emeril? They work too hard also I guess. Oh what about Tony Bourdain!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4114708;
    The problem with current working news anchors is they can't take time off work. They work every day. That's why we need to catch has-beens or stars who are between gigs.

ETA: Have we had any chefs a la Martha or Emeril? They work too hard also I guess. Oh what about Tony Bourdain!
    Rocco DiSpirito, who was on season 7. I remember his first couple of dances revolved around cooking (one with the rehearsal package, I think it was his rumba he brought some prop out). He made it to week 4 I believe, getting spared one week due to Misty Treanor dropping out. I was reading one article about different personalities that the person wanted to see, and they mentioned that the show has never had an author before. So that'd be a new bracket to fill. I feel like the show can easily fill 12 slots with former A-listers, nostalgic characters, former tween heartthrobs, and people with a different demographic to reign in without having to cast some of the people who've popped up lately-and I think the ratings would be just fine. This season was lacking something more than a dull cast and drama.

That's a good point about news anchors. That's why I think they'd have to get one that's more fill in, weekend type (not that they don't work just as hard, but it'd probably be easier for them to do the show than a Diane Sawyer or Anderson Cooper type). I would also think some may not want to walk away with a bad image that DWTS might give them.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-26-2010 at 04:24 AM.

^ Yes- and Fox News and the Fox Business Channel have some serious babes working weekends and overnight who might find the time- there would be a huge list of possibilities, I would be all for it!!

+ Reply to Thread