+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4113600;
    I want to see Edyta with a partner who has a shot at winning! I adore that girl.
    Edyta left the show and her comments regarding her departure made it sound like it wasn't on good terms. It is a shame because I like Edyta and Alec.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;4113617;
    Hm, since they like Disney Channel stars, I'd say Raven-Symone (from That's So Raven, the same show Kyle was on) or Dylan or Cole Sprouse (Suite Life of Zack and Cody).

I also think, and I say this every year, that Alphonso Riberio (Carlton from the Fresh Prince) would be fun, but he just screams ringer due to his background..but I think he would be amazing to watch!

As far as sports stars, maybe Magic Johnson or Mike Strahan...just two that come to mind for me.
    I love Raven. She would be great. Not a big Magic Johnson fan, but Strahan would be okay, though as a cowboy fan I would have to not vote for him out of principle (lol, just kidding.)
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4113658;
    Edyta left the show and her comments regarding her departure made it sound like it wasn't on good terms. It is a shame because I like Edyta and Alec.
    There was a TMZ article that she said twisted her words around-but I've found it strange Edyta wasn't even back for the 200th episode this season. For a girl that was the only pro from season 1 to be on every season until this one, and who got well known for her lack of costumes and sexy moves, you'd think they'd have wanted her back. During that episode I saw pros that were only featured one time on the show. So while she says she left on her own terms to pursue other things (which I do believe), I wonder if Lacey originally not being included in this season, then being asked back after all, had anything to do with it Not that the men this season were anything to write home about, dance wise (now next season I think a man probably has a better shot of winning), but maybe she got fed up that yet again she was getting a dud. Edyta/Alec were always two of my favorites, who I never thought got much of a break. True Alec had some decent partners in his last 2 seasons on the show, but it wasn't like he was going to get anywhere with them thanks to season 7 being screwy and season 9 having the Osmond effect.

As for other Olympians, I wouldn't mind seeing Greg Louganis either. He's got a kind of Clark Cable vibe going now.
    Greg has said for the last couple of seasons he wants to do the show, and said he'd love to be partnered with Cheryl. Also, Sig Hansen from the reality show Deadliest Catch said not too long ago he'd probably do the show in the spring vs the fall when many speculated he would (his choice for a pro is Anna T.).

I still vote for Melanie Griffith, and Jodie Sweetin, though she would have to go and say she wants Derek for a partner. It'd be the first time since season 6 I'd actually vote for the guy I hope next season, no one that's going to bring the controversy and drama, because I doubt people will find it funny and must-see worthy twice. Hopefully no politicians, or their off spring, or tabloid famous personalities. I also hope they don't do the same sex pairing. That'll get backlash just like Bristol. Krazee, I like all of your suggestions

What I really want to see? Just fun, fluff, and cheese. No drama, no showmances, just a bunch of non-ringers learning to dance and having fun and joking around. If they're going to cast ringers, or people of Jennifer Grey's nostalgia, cast a few to make it more of a competition. Since season 9 it was obvious before the show who was winning (I'd throw in season 8 as I picked Shawn, but then Gilles shook his booty, and Melissa was brought into the picture).
    Last edited by karalott; 11-24-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Ahh, and it begins already. How will we ever make it until Feb when they announce the cast?

I'm going to go with the same ones I wanted for season 11 but weren't there:

Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Jessica Simpson
    ANYBODY from That 70s Show but ESPECIALLY Wilmer Valderamma or Mila Kunis
    Bo Jackson
    Kendra and/or Hank

Gonna add in some more I've thought of recently:

-Demi Lovato (Disney kid who's had some troubles & is cute as a button)
    -Christine Lakin (from Step by Step, she's said on Twitter she'd love to do the show) She's the nostalgic t.v. star & she's absolutely gorgeous.
    -Farrah Fath. She used to be on Days of Our Lives, I think now she's on General Hospital. ABC soap star
    -Kourtney Kardashian. I know Kim's already done it, but she was not DWTS material. Kourtney is. Outgoing, pretty, spunky. I think she'd rock it, and be way, way better than Kim, both in dancing and personality
    -A.J. Cook from Criminal Minds

Please show. Please nobody polarizing and/or disgusting like one of the Lohans, some more Jersey Shore twits, or anybody political. PLEASE. I just want fun from my favorite show. If your cast for S12 doesn't make me smile I'm outta here.

I know I'll think of more in the next couple of months.

Oh yeah, and I second the poster that said Colt McCoy. YUM!

The Bachelor starts on 3 January and runs for 11 weeks - that means DWTS won't be back until 21 March....long wait.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Oh, and can we please have Damien back, preferrably with his girlfriend, Peta.

Thanks.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

"The Shoppingcart". Pair it up with Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4113705;
    The Bachelor starts on 3 January and runs for 11 weeks - that means DWTS won't be back until 21 March....long wait.
    The cast should be announced sometime around the end of Feb though, and we'll prob have rumors starting the beginning of that month. That's not that long for die hard fans (like me) especially with Christmas to keep us busy.

Just some names off the top of my head, in no particular order...

Martina Navratilova
    Jerry Mathers
    James Cromwell
    R Lee Ermey
    Jennie Finch
    Any of the Chilean Miners
    Jeremy Clarkson
    Helen Hunt
    Steve Buscemi
    Sandra Rinomato
    Lucy Lawless

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4113706;
    Oh, and can we please have Damien back, preferrably with his girlfriend, Peta.

Thanks.

I was listening to the judges commenting on Lacey/Kyle, and I can't remember who said they add a freshness; while I don't really care for Lacey or her choreography, I think having some new pros brought in or brought back (as I think we have a pretty good pool as it is), would really add something to this. I love some of the pros, and am glad Maks, Anna, and Louis had some good, long lasting seasons as it had been awhile for them, but it added something new seeing different pros make it far aside from the same old faces. I wonder if they'll bring Peta in. She did some pro numbers for season 10 as well. I really like her. I like your list of favorites as well I'd add Christie Brinkley. She'd fit the older slot, but she looks downright gorgeous, and I think she'd probably be a surprise on the dance floor. Luckily, she's tall enough for Tony, Maks, or Jonathan.

I heard Sarah Palin is campaigning to get Christine O'Donnell on the show (please no ) Hopeful no more political types, at least not for a season or two (or ever, but I'll compromise).

For the reality slot, though I'm not sure his contract would allow it, but I'd go for Jeff Probst. I don't think the filming of the show conflicts with filming of Survivor. Kendra/Hank would also get my votes. I hope they don't go beyond the bottom of the barrell and pick Speidi. I'd revolt if I was the pro who got stuck with them. I wouldn't even wish Heidi on Derek or Mark (though Derek does deserve someone like that, just for all the luck he's had).

For sports, I'd love to see them get away from football and maybe cast someone from hockey or baseball. I don't think they've ever done that. Since the summer Olympics are a year away, maybe some of the Olympians that competed in the past (given injuries, I'm not sure any Olympian competing in the 2012 games would want to do it). I'd suggest Marion Jones. She was controversial in the steroid scandal but now plays pro basketball. Though I think the spring would conflict with the basketball season.

Nostalgia factor: Lea Thompson, Jonathan Frakes, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Neve Campbell, Anthony Michael Hall, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, anyone from the former TGIF or ABC comedy line ups.

And for a token soap star, I'd love to see Laura Wright or Genie Francis. Kim Zimmer, formerly of my soap Guiding Light, is on ABC now and I saw her in the audience a few times this season.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-24-2010 at 04:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread