+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/18 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So happy for Erin, too. She's had such a rough year. She deserves to be in the finals (not win, that's Evan and Anna, but I'm so happy she got this far).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3907390;
    There's a rumor going around that they will do a Salsa face-off. That would be fun for me. Its one of my favorite latin dances, but I'm afraid of the heaping praise that Nicole and Derek will get for it, even if it isn't technically a Salsa.
    I think their samba was sort of a salsa to begin with I figured there'd be some sort of scoring/dances like they did last season, where they rank the couples and base their scores on that. I hope they don't make it too obvious where Nicole is concerned. I'd like to have an enjoyable finale where the others aren't getting thrown under the bus and points taken off for the tiniest thing to ensure her win. I feel like because they've hyped it up as the hardest fought season ever, the most competitive ever, the best ever, they'll want the best dancer to win (by their definition anyway).

FORT Regular

EVAN AND ANNA!!!! ERIN AND MAX!!! Nicole and Derek!

Gonna be an interesting final, that's for sure. I just hope Evan's fans pull thru and knock Nicole into 2nd place. Not that she hasn't worked hard or deserves it, but it's difficult to look at her and feel like she just doesn't belong with this group. I know she worked just as many hours and just as hard... and I know these dances are NOT easy to learn. I give every Star credit for attempting this... but when someone takes to it like a duck to water and you watch someone like Erin or even Chad actually GROW week to week, it's just not fair. JMO of course. But I *almost* would have liked to see Chad and Cheryl instead so we could see a REAL competition.

Of course, now that I've said that.... I was pulling for Mario/Karina waaaay back when, and I guess he's pretty much the same story at Nicole. ::sigh:: Oh well. I'm just happy Evan and Erin made it! Now to kick some Hough HINEY!!! LOL

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Way to go Erin and Maks!!!

Aparently, we are the only Nicole fans on here! It's not her fault that she was partnered with Derek, but she has worked her tush off to get to where she is - not only in this season, but in life...she inspires me, and I am happy to see her in the final. Hana Ho, Nicole!

Miley Cyrus.....

I guess it's only fitting that now that peep shows have returned to Times Square that Disney's manufactured star dresses like a dominatrix wannabe and lip synchs some inane song lyrics about not being tamed. My 8 yo daughter commented that the dancers were all dressed funny.

The thought that ran through my mind was who her target market is for her new brand. If she's trying to grow up so fast and take on skanky attributes then will she need to pull Lindsay Lohen drunken lesbian escapades in order to get attention in a few years?

Loved Anna's dance with her husband and loved the comment that the two of them seem to shut out the world around them when they dance. Also loved Jonathan's comment that Anna seemed so cold at first. Her mom looks great and SO young.

Happy at the outcome tonight and believe the right three couples are in the finals. Woo-hoo!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaynaWayna;3907411;
    EVAN AND ANNA!!!! ERIN AND MAX!!! Nicole and Derek!

Gonna be an interesting final, that's for sure. I just hope Evan's fans pull thru and knock Nicole into 2nd place. Not that she hasn't worked hard or deserves it, but it's difficult to look at her and feel like she just doesn't belong with this group. I know she worked just as many hours and just as hard... and I know these dances are NOT easy to learn. I give every Star credit for attempting this... but when someone takes to it like a duck to water and you watch someone like Erin or even Chad actually GROW week to week, it's just not fair. JMO of course. But I *almost* would have liked to see Chad and Cheryl instead so we could see a REAL competition.

Of course, now that I've said that.... I was pulling for Mario/Karina waaaay back when, and I guess he's pretty much the same story at Nicole. ::sigh:: Oh well. I'm just happy Evan and Erin made it! Now to kick some Hough HINEY!!! LOL
    I'm still expecting Nicole to win. I just don't see how it won't happen. But maybe next season, unless Mark is back, another pro can get the ringer, tonguebaths from the judges, and guaranteed high scores and finals spot. I think Mario and even Stacy Keibler (probably the first official ringer when you think about it) are in a different league compared to Nicole. I was behind Mario until he turned into a douche. I didn't like Karina that season, either, and my opinion hasn't changed much of her. Be a gracious loser, and also a gracious winner. It'll be interesting next week and I wonder if Len will really go there and say if Nicole doesn't win, something's wrong (which her fans will agree with, but if he did, way to put out there who the show wants). I'll enjoy Evan and Erin next week. I'm sure Erin is destined for 3rd and Evan 2nd but I can hope he and Anna pull it off. My biggest worry is still if people split their votes. Derek's fans on twitter have been fairly nasty to Maks so in a way I'd hate to have a Nicole/Erin final 2 if Nicole won. They'd probably never let him live it down.

A somewhat enjoyable show. I purposely missed DAD but heard it was, as expected, a disaster. They're out of combos for now, unless they decide to pair a pro and judge or some random audience member with a pro, or come up with some different concept. The whole college dance competition, it would have been nice to get another dance team that's had more than a month to practice together. I loved seeing Anna/Jonathan dance together and always enjoy seeing Kym, who I've missed greatly this season. Nice seeing Damian in so many of the pro dances, too. I loved seeing the backstories of the pros. A great encore dance from Evan/Anna, and looks like we'll have one of the most competitive finales in history. It's nice seeing Sarah McLachlan, a real artist who has a voice and doesn't have to resort to whatever the heck Miley was attempting to do. That was scary.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-18-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Chad left with class. SOOOOO HAPPY Erin and Maks and Evan and Anna made it to the finals. Now I have to worry about the votes being split and Nicole winning because of it. What to do?????

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3907492;
    Chad left with class. SOOOOO HAPPY Erin and Maks and Evan and Anna made it to the finals. Now I have to worry about the votes being split and Nicole winning because of it. What to do?????
    Hope that it doesn't happen. I know how you feel; vote for my #1 fave Erin/Maks or vote for who has the best chance of beating Nicole? It seems like Evan and Erin fans are apt to vote for the other but Nicole fans are for Nicole/Derek.

I agree, Chad left with class. He's got a lot to be proud of.

+ Reply to Thread