+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: 5/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3906857;
    I think that Evan is safe tonight!

He just posted via Twitter that he and Anna have the encore tonight.

So it's Nicole, Erin, or Chad hitting the road.
    Hooray for Evan and Anna! They deserve it. I hope they win this thing for Anna's sake as much as for Evan's. I think we have sen a lot mor personality from Anna this year. She looks like she is really having a good time out there.

Pardon my ignorance, but was the song that Evan and Anna danced to last night from one of the Twilight films? I'm guessing they were vampires, but I haven't read any of the books in the series nor seen any/either of the Twilight films.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3906399;
    I agree. My problem with Nicole is that I tune in to the show to watch non-dancers learn to dance. I like to see changes week to week, I like to see those who weren't stand-outs at the beginning turn it around as time goes by. Watching Derek and Nicole is like watching two pros, and I'm not interested in that. I don't even watch the segments that involve only the pros; I don't enjoy dance that much.

So someone like Nicole defeats the purpose of the show, for me. It's a distraction more than anything.

I agree with you. I love watching non-dancers learning to dance and love being surprised at how good some of them become. I'm thinking Apollo or Kelly maybe, or even the cowboy, wasn't his name Tye? -- just fun to see how far they can be pushed. Nicole is a wonderful dancer, but she's been wonderful from the 1st show and has been consistantly wonderful every night. It does get dull because you know what you're about to see.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3906884;
    Pardon my ignorance, but was the song that Evan and Anna danced to last night from one of the Twilight films? I'm guessing they were vampires, but I haven't read any of the books in the series nor seen any/either of the Twilight films.
    He did say in an interview (somewhere... I forget all the ones I've read, lol) that their theme was absolutely based on the Twilight films. He said it was a different take on the dance and he was a vampire stalking Anna. It worked and it was a brilliant dance. I can't wait to see it in the encore, though I wish Erin and Maks would have got at least one this season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3906857;
    I think that Evan is safe tonight!

He just posted via Twitter that he and Anna have the encore tonight.

So it's Nicole, Erin, or Chad hitting the road.
    People who've been voted off have gotten the encore (or given an odd performance to merit it) but I have little doubt Nicole and Evan won't be there this time next week. I think they'd have to come up with a new word for the state of shock I'd be in if either of them didn't make it. I wouldn't mind Nicole leaving, but Evan?

The song is Bring it to Me by Evanescence. I don't know if it was used in the Twlight film but if not, I'm even more impressed. I'm happy that, if Erin could never get one stinking encore this season, they gave it to Evan.

I agree. My problem with Nicole is that I tune in to the show to watch non-dancers learn to dance. I like to see changes week to week, I like to see those who weren't stand-outs at the beginning turn it around as time goes by. Watching Derek and Nicole is like watching two pros, and I'm not interested in that. I don't even watch the segments that involve only the pros; I don't enjoy dance that much.

So someone like Nicole defeats the purpose of the show, for me. It's a distraction more than anything.
    That's been my issue with Nicole all season. I don't deny she isn't a good dancer and performer, but she's had nothing to work on or holding her back all season. It doesn't help that CA and Bruno have practically been fanning themselves all season at her feet and even when she did mess up, seemed to excuse it. I like seeing people who start off good and then improve and get great.

FORT Newbie

The song is Bring it to Me by Evanescence. I don't know if it was used in the Twlight film but if not, I'm even more impressed.
    Close, it was Bring Me to Life. I don't think it was ever used in Twilight. I remember it was associated with the Daredevil movie.

I really enjoyed Monday's show. I thought everyone did a great job. I was really blown away by Evan & Anna's 2 dances. Wow!

I enjoyed it very much too TonyDovolaniFan!

+ Reply to Thread