+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

The atmosphere as a whole seems better without Kate. I heard on Showbiz Tonight (the only gossip crap I watch) that she posted a blog begging for help with her kids because she's reached her breaking point. As the host and guests pointed out, don't waste your time posting a blog, seeking fame, and why was it perfectly fine when you were doing the coast to coast thing for the show. I'm sure ET is looking for a ratings boost. A "source" told another website that the ratings plummetted 17% two weeks after Kate left. From what I was seeing, the ratings didn't get impacted that much and are steady where they normally are. I wonder if she'll be doing this every season. I can't imagine wanting her, thinking she's an expert, interviewing me and giving her take. But again, it's not a huge honor of a gig.

I wonder why Tom felt the need to bring up that everyone's been top of the fan votes this season.

So we get to see VIENNA and Jake waltz next week? Was Chelsie "conveniently occupied" or something? Just please tell me Vienna won't be one of the "stars" next season!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3906335;
    So we get to see VIENNA and Jake waltz next week? Was Chelsie "conveniently occupied" or something? Just please tell me Vienna won't be one of the "stars" next season!!
    I plan a toilet break then. Bet the water usasge across the country will go up at that exact moment (kinda like the stories that used to circulate about half-time at the Superbowl ).
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3906326;
    I wonder why Tom felt the need to bring up that everyone's been top of the fan votes this season.
    I think the message was clear: the judges' scores aren't going to be enough to decide who goes home, so if you have a favorite, make sure you vote your butt off for them.

I sent all the online votes I could to Nicole, because if that message is meant for anyone, it's meant for Nicole fans. The scores are too close together, so whichever star's fan base decides to be lazy tonight will see their star go home. And I'm not going to take any chances, because it will just be silly to me if Nicole doesn't win this thing.

There is nothing about her as a person that merits her being painted as a villain, and it's not her fault she got cast in the season she did. And I was genuinely moved tonight, first by that breathtaking AT (I mean come on!), and then by the reactions to it -- not Carrie Ann's tears, but Nicole's tears when she got caught up in the emotion of the judges' comments. She was genuine, and grateful, and she deserved it. And considering Derek was probably flying high on on painkillers, I'd call his behavior tonight almost conservative for him.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Some really good dancing tonight. I think I liked the first dances better than the second ones.
    Nicole was amazing, as was Evan.
    And, I enjoyed Erin and Chad.

I was a bit surprised by some of the celebs' packages. No wonder Erin is able to do all the splits, etc. Turns out she took, as she put it, "all the usual" - ballet, tap, modern dance, etc. Add that to her cheerleading, etc. and it's sure not seeming likre she's exactly a novice at dancing, is it??!!
    Seems like the only real novice that's left is Chad.
    I think the judges want Nicole, Evan and Erin in the final based on the comments and scores.

As I was flipping between DWTS and the Basketball finals, I was thinking how great it would be to see Kareem or Magic on DWTS one of these days.
    And, then I saw Kareem in the audience at DWTS!! Why have they never had basketball stars on this show?
    If memory serves, Anna D. is 6' 2" in her stocking feet. With heels, she'd be a perfect match for them.

Gotta go vote.......
    Last edited by norealityhere; 05-18-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Best Night Ever! How does one choose if one isn't already locked into a favorite? They all deserve a shot at the mirror ball.

My favorite dance of the night, though, was Evan's Paso Doble. He really brought it. The passion and the dominance were there. He didn't go all wooden counting steps. He danced the dance and brilliantly!

In the audience we got a peek into next week. Vienna, Jake and Kate sitting together in the front row. I think I heard Tom say that Kate would be flying and Jake and Vienna waltzing. Does this mean Jake will not have a pro partner, but dance with Vienna, or was that a play on words for Vienna Waltz? Guess I'll find out next week.

The finals are going to be spectacular!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I've watched it back again, and on pure dance talent... pure celebrity talent and skill, I have to give it to Evan. Anna challenged him more tonight in the Paso Doble and it showed. Nicole was her usual self, but it did not measure up to what Anna put out there for Evan and he nailed it.

Its my all time favorite now for the Paso Doble. It had the mad passionate, it had the moves, and it was so fun to watch. The PD is my favorite dance of all and some of my favs from seasons past (um... Melissa and Tony) disappointed. Anna choreographed that dance perfectly for Evan. In contrast, Maks and Erin's PD was bleh for me. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3906262;
    Even though the number of votes is usually equal to the number of pairs, I'm pretty sure it was 5 votes tonight.
    Yep, you're right. All season it's been the number of pairs, but it changed tonight. DOH!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was only able to get through once to vote for Erin/Maks before the voting ended.(Hopefully that's a good sign) I did vote at the ABC site which takes the patience of Job to sign in.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3906347;
    And, then I saw Kareem in the audience at DWTS!! Why have they never had basketball stars on this show?
    If memory serves, Anna D. is 6' 2" in her stocking feet. With heels, she'd be a perfect match for them.
    Clyde Drexler was on in season 4. They paired him with a very short person. I don't remember her name.

+ Reply to Thread