+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3902225;
    ITA Anders - No way is Kypton going on that show. I would like to see him on DWTS but he doesn't really have the fan base to sustain him for long. But I'm sure he could pickup quite a few votes based on his gorgeous-ness.

I would have preferred Reid , but I'm sure he wouldn't do it....
    IIRC, both Reid and Kiptyn turned down TB. Jake was actually third choice. I had heard from someone in Texas in a PR firm that Jake would not be doing it. I think they expected one of the other two to say yes. Do you think either one of them would consider this? I guess it depends on how much fun they think they could have. I see Kiptyn before Reid. He's been in the audience a lot and just might think it could be fun. I'll bet they offer it to him. I don't think Reid will. He's happy at his regular job, and for some reason I just can't see it being "fun" for him. The one I think would have a ball is Tanner! Wouldn't that be something? Would he be able to concentrate, or would he just stare at his partner's feet? But how far will they go into the Bachelor "vault" to get contestants? I can't see them going too far. What about Chris H? Would he do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3902267;
    IIRC, both Reid and Kiptyn turned down TB. Jake was actually third choice. I had heard from someone in Texas in a PR firm that Jake would not be doing it. I think they expected one of the other two to say yes. Do you think either one of them would consider this? I guess it depends on how much fun they think they could have. I see Kiptyn before Reid. He's been in the audience a lot and just might think it could be fun. I'll bet they offer it to him. I don't think Reid will. He's happy at his regular job, and for some reason I just can't see it being "fun" for him. The one I think would have a ball is Tanner! Wouldn't that be something? Would he be able to concentrate, or would he just stare at his partner's feet? But how far will they go into the Bachelor "vault" to get contestants? I can't see them going too far. What about Chris H? Would he do it?

LMAO @ Tanner. Wouldn't it be great if Reid & Kristen were on the same show (he might do it then). Yes, I know Jake was third choice - some of his fans don't want to believe it but that was the case....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bibbitybobbityb;3901056;
    That's the thing that kills me. She isn't as good as the judges say she is. I think it was Carrie Ann who said that she couldn't tell who was the professional. Really, Carrie Ann? Really?? I think she said something like that when Brooke Burke was on, too. I'm no Derek fan but there is no denying that the boy is a crazy talented dancer. I get insulted on his behalf whenever Carrie Ann says something like that. The girl may be a professional dancer, but she's nowhere near the DWTS pros' level IMO. She is far from being perfect, there are a bunch of things the judges could criticize her for, but you wouldn't know it because they practically trip overthemselves to proclaim her the DWTS Dancing Queen of all time.
    Since I harp on Nicole a lot, to be fair, every season seems to have the designated 'best dancer/can't tell you from the pro' remarks from CA. I do agree there are things they've brought up to her that they could lower her scores on. Len does, but CA and Bruno typically don't. I have to dispute their perception that Nicole is the best dancer this show has ever seen (I still think that honor goes to Kristi Yamaguchi). I realize if I just watch Nicole/Derek dance and leave out the rehearsal packages and judges comments, I enjoy it a lot more. I still don't care for either of them, but it's not as grating. Since there will likely always be ringers as good as Nicole and Mya on this show, maybe I'll write ABC my requests for the ringers I'd like to see. I just hope the show overhauls itself in general. It's definitely not the same show it was 5 seasons ago.

For me a big question is would I like Nicole if she were paired with another partner? If she were, for example, with Maks, Alec or Jonathan, would I like her then? Hard to say, but for me having Derek as her partner sure doesn't make her more likeable. Did anyone see how obnoxious he was on the results show when (standing behind Tom's back) he was trying to get the two sides of the audience to out cheer each other. All in good fun, I guess, but it isn't the "Derek Hough Show."

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3902310;
    For me a big question is would I like Nicole if she were paired with another partner? If she were, for example, with Maks, Alec or Jonathan, would I like her then? Hard to say, but for me having Derek as her partner sure doesn't make her more likeable. Did anyone see how obnoxious he was on the results show when (standing behind Tom's back) he was trying to get the two sides of the audience to out cheer each other. All in good fun, I guess, but it isn't the "Derek Hough Show."
    As annoying as it was - especially, I think to Tom - I'll give Derek a pass on this one as there aren't usually college cheering sections in the audience.

You do pose an interesting question about whether Nicole would be more likeable if she were paired with a different pro. She does seem a bit intense and perfectionistic. Since Derek may have a bigger fanbase, he seems to be the spokesperson for the two of him. He probably has higher "likeability" numbers in focus groups than she does.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3902310;

I agree Nana - I have never liked Derek. He thinks he's all that and more (plus he gives me the willies with his boy/man looks, eww).

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3902279;
    LMAO @ Tanner. Wouldn't it be great if Reid & Kristen were on the same show (he might do it then). Yes, I know Jake was third choice - some of his fans don't want to believe it but that was the case....
    Jake has fans??

ABC and Reid were in tight negotiations and he almost took it, but it came down to a couple issues that he wouldn't budge on (there's speculation he wanted say in how he was edited - or some such thing) so he turned them down and they went to Jake. Kip turned it down almost immediately - it didn't even get to negotiations.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

From the looks of publicity, I'm starting to wonder if, indeed, Chad is being set up for the F3. Based on media coverage this week, it looks like Derek is definitely being maneuvered into the F3 (both TV guide, Insider interview). Cheryl keeps tweeting media coverage: Young Hollywood Awards, US Weekly shoot, another interview tonight. Evan is also on TV Guide mag. Erin, as of right now, has no media coverage.

Tuesday will be very interesting.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think they'll set Erin up as a "shocker" and even though she deserves to stay, I won't be surprised to see her leave. Erin hasn't been getting a lot of media coverage this season compared to the other couples, unless it regarded the death threats and Elisabeth Hasselbeck's comments. Other than that, she hasn't been overly visible at other media venues but in fairness, a lot of couples weren't this season. In watching DWTS pap videos, where a lot of couples were usually seen after the show going out clubbing, there haven't been as many this time. Just a handful of the same faces.

My feeling is that Chad's position in the B2 bought him a spot in the finals - I want to be wrong, but the producers know that position will almost always save that person for the next week. It would be shocking if Chad and Erin were both safe and Nicole or Evan left - although that's probably not going to happen.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread