+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3899547;
    These scores are almost a joke. Having Nicole on this show, she is so far ahead of the others. Its a shame! I dont watch anymore this season, so Im only going by the scores. What did the one judge say, He couldnt tell who was the professional....Its like mixing Derek in with the other contestants, and make them battle it out with him....
    It's predictable. Next week, the 3 Stooges will outdo themselves in kissing her butt and pulling the 10 paddles from out of there. Nicole will go last. She's got two dances that are her's to lose the perfect 60 she's already got written down for. There's nothing exciting about her. There's never anything exciting about Derek. Pre-show, most everyone guessed he'd get zinger the ringer. She requested him so maybe she threw a fit and said either she got Derek or wouldn't do the show. So it's not even a mystery or surprise when he winds up with top of the pack. She's been getting 10s since her second dance. She does no wrong. She's shown no improvement because she can't improve. At least the judges have called Evan out for being imperfect. I wouldn't still argue Kristi is the best dancer this show has ever had, but she was far more enjoyable to watch than Nicole. She was classy and enjoyed her experience, and never whined about how hard it was. And it was as predictable for Kristi that she was always going to get high marks as it was for Nicole. She knows she'll do no wrong, why does she stress? She's taken the enjoyment out of this season for me. She's too good dance wise to be on this show. The others don't stand a chance. And, I do believe with another partner, she wouldn't be getting the rave reviews she's been getting. The judges are less bias to the other pros than they are to Derek. At least there's suspense wondering who will take 3rd. But no way Evan will beat her in the end. I'm waiting for Len's 'you're the people's champ, even though you're not our champ' to cement that for me.

Nicole and Derek's 2nd dance was deserving of their perfect score. As they were dancing, it struck me that they lucked out with a Spanish-sounding instrumental song. I'm assuming the song itself is from the 50's, but I don't recognize most of the songs that are played until about halfway through.

Anyway, for consistency, they should have all couples dance to instrumental latin-type music for the Paso or everyone dance to songs with lyrics that really make the choreographer work to make something so untraditional work with their celebrity partner.

When Nicole was receiving her feedback from the judges, she looked like she was dialing that part in and almost seemed to feign her open-mouthed surprise in anticipation of good feedback. She doesn't appear gracious or humble, although compared to Kate, she looks like Miss Manners up there. Derek seemed to go overboard to provide the rationale for how insecure Nicole is, but it still doesn't seem convincing. Although her dancing is enjoyable to watch, she doesn't seem to be taking as much joy in the process as the other pros.

Nicole reminds me of the women on The Bachelor who declare they are not there to make friends, they are there to win. Rather than seeming to enjoy the journey, she seems focused on the win and can't get there soon enough.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

What I think they need to do next season, if they keep the decades/era (whatever they call it next time), is have similar dances for each decade. Maybe have everyone do the same. Leave out the 90s and the futuristic dance. As much as I enjoy it, it's hit or miss with Len apparently. Even when gimmicks and dancing outside the box are allowed he still finds reason to dispute it. Give Derek another dance besides the paso, as this is his second decade dance for that one. I think focusing on the 50s/60s/70s/80s are better.

FORT Regular

As they were dancing, it struck me that they lucked out with a Spanish-sounding instrumental song.....
    I don't think it was luck as much as it was in the plan for them to have a good song. Yep, on the knoll today.

FORT Fogey

Here's the thing Derek is going to get credit from me because he choreographed a hard situation, and it was amazing. Nicole is not going to get credit from me because she danced well which she does well in her job. I think any choreographer would have had trouble with 50's Paso, and he did well. Was I impressed with the dancing of the 50's Paso no seen it by them before. I would be impressed if Chad, Niecy, Erin danced that well because they have not in the past.

Just because Nicole's partner choreography was way above, does not make her dancing any better than before. She danced to the same level as always.
    Last edited by MHcarrollton; 05-11-2010 at 06:14 PM.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I would love to see what Derek would do with a really inexperienced dancer. I haven't watched all of the seasons of this show, but from what others are saying, he's due.

As a (mostly) newcomer, I've been really impressed with Derek's dancing... he's so energetic, light on his feet and full of character. I would be interested to see how poorly he would look next to a dancer he had to "dumb down" choreography for! Or could his expertise help elevate them?

I'm really hoping he gets an inexperienced dancer next season and Tony gets the more experienced one. I'd like to see Tony have that chance to show off more.

I think Kip might be on Bachelor Pad not DWTS. Just a guess but that makes more sense. I like Kip and would prefer he get as far away from TB as possible. lol

FORT Newbie

What did the one judge say, He couldnt tell who was the professional....
    That's the thing that kills me. She isn't as good as the judges say she is. I think it was Carrie Ann who said that she couldn't tell who was the professional. Really, Carrie Ann? Really?? I think she said something like that when Brooke Burke was on, too. I'm no Derek fan but there is no denying that the boy is a crazy talented dancer. I get insulted on his behalf whenever Carrie Ann says something like that. The girl may be a professional dancer, but she's nowhere near the DWTS pros' level IMO. She is far from being perfect, there are a bunch of things the judges could criticize her for, but you wouldn't know it because they practically trip overthemselves to proclaim her the DWTS Dancing Queen of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3900064;
    I think Kip might be on Bachelor Pad not DWTS. Just a guess but that makes more sense. I like Kip and would prefer he get as far away from TB as possible. lol
    no way will he do that smut - he was very careful not to say anything out of turn on the bachelorette - he was offered TB and turned that down.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3901991;
    no way will he do that smut - he was very careful not to say anything out of turn on the bachelorette - he was offered TB and turned that down.

ITA Anders - No way is Kypton going on that show. I would like to see him on DWTS but he doesn't really have the fan base to sustain him for long. But I'm sure he could pickup quite a few votes based on his gorgeous-ness.

I would have preferred Reid , but I'm sure he wouldn't do it....

+ Reply to Thread