+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 5/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JMFan;3899535;
    ArielFlies --- Kiptyn was at the show last night. He mentioned it in his tweets. Thats the third or fourth time he's been there.
    I wonder if he's considering doing the show. I like him, but hope he doesn't sign up to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3899541;
    Cheryl took an unsubtle shot at Nicole last night like Louis did with her comment about dancing without previous experience to appeal to the voters for why they should keep Chad and her on the dance floor.

ABC casting doesn't have the excuse this season like they did when Melissa Rycroft replaced an injured star at the last minute. Nicole shouldn't take the heat for really bad casting unless you believe she shouldn't have accepted the offer because of her experience.

In my opinion ABC shouldn't have made the offer and Nicole should not have accepted. It was poor judgment by both parties.
    I caught that - and I agree with her, only I think Erin has improved much more than Chad has. If they actually made that the criteria - the F3 SHOULD be Niecy, Erin and Chad. Night 1 I could see the potential with Erin and Chad and they've not disappointed. Nicole and Evan aren't going to get any better, because they had it nailed from the beginning. No matter how poorly the judges score them.
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3899458;
    When did he do that?

And I don't see how anything Nicole is doing is "unfair". It's not her fault she got cast when she did, got the partner she did, and was put up against the people she's competing against. She has a dancer's body, but so does Evan, and so does Erin, and so does Chad. I think she's being unfairly judged simply because people don't know her as well.

She got all my votes tonight, simply because for all her talent, there seems to be so much negative reaction to her that it's possible for something utterly ridiculous to happen, like being #1 on the leaderboard and going home anyway. If something as crazy as that happens, I think ABC has to re-evaluate the balance of weight between the judges' scores and the viewer vote. Talk about unfair...
    Itís not so much the fact she got cast, well not for me at least. Itís that she wonít admit that she has an advantage, like Evan admitted he did. She and mostly Derek try to down play it all the time, but címon, compare to Niecy, Kate, Buzz,Ö she has an advantage. And all the Ďcover upí they are doing are putting her in a bad light.

She may not dance ballroom, but she is used to learn choreography. If canít put herself in their place for a second (Kate, Niecy,..), and acknowledge that compare to them, she has an advantage, then I donít feel sorry for the bashing she gets. On top of that we seeing her whining, telling how hard it is, but guess what, everybody is out of their comfort zone. She makes it all about her, and her struggle, and itís ooh so hard for her, and itís very off putting as she never really messes up. Sheís got the judges all over her, yet still doesnít seem to be satisfied. And I can understand sheís a perfectionist, but she needs to get over herself, and stop taking herself so serious. The practice parts are not enjoyable to watch, and that is part of the show and people do take this in account. I wish she would just shut up and get on with really.

I donít see a problem with her getting voting off tonight, regardless of her scores. This is a tv show, not a real competition, and itís supposed to be entertaining for the people. If they donít want to see her next week, they wonít vote for her. Thereís nothing unfair about that as itís not a real ballroom competition where you get judged on your performance by professional judges only. I can't see her go tonight though...

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3899409;
    Erin was quoted as saying Evan is her best friend on the show. I personally think that's all there is to it. They seem to be very close. I know he spends a lot of time after the show, when he can, with Erin, Maks, and Kendra (her sister).

Did anyone see the kiss at the end of Erin and Maks' second dance? It didn't look to me like the typical kiss on the cheek. See, I think they're showing little signs of being comfortable in public with their relationship, even when they dance around the questions with their "cute" comments!
    Last night, I don't know, it was pretty hard to not think that these two kids have more than just affection/friendship. They've cooled it some probably because of all that's at stake. But that AT--and the ending of the rumba--were just dripping with heat.

We'll know soon enough.

I'm loving that all the couples are bringing their best to the floor. Even if it's predictable on some levels, the dancing has become dazzling. It's so exciting to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by libraoct;3899583;
    She’s got the judges all over her, yet still doesn’t seem to be satisfied. And I can understand she’s a perfectionist, but she needs to get over herself, and stop taking herself so serious. .
    Nicole's reactions confuse me. Some weeks she's jubilant; last night, she looked like a deer in the headlights that she could have possibly gotten a 30. Perhaps she was trying to be humble. But, after two outstanding performances, esp. that PD, I'd expect her to be buoyant!

Sadly, because she has that previous dance experience, because she is a ringer, and because she really is a truly excellent dancer with Derek, these attributes work against her with the voting masses.

It seems that voters really want to see someone with less dance ability improve and make it to the top.

We'll see

I missed Chery and Chads first dance due to tornados touching down in Oklahoma, so we were preempted for the weather. I did catch their second dance and loved it, so all my votes went to them (love Cheryl). Now Erin should have gotten the 10s on the first dance. The way she came flying off that stage with those legs. I know Maks was probably thrilled to have all those legs on him. But Erin's second dance did not deserve a 25 because her timing was way off and she was too stiff.

Now I love Derek (love his sister Julianna more and wish she come back to the DWTS). But Nicole is such a drama queen. Everytime they show her at rehearsals, she crying about something. "Get over yourself." The first dance was okay, and I didn't get the second dance, because it looked more Gun Smoke with Ms. Kitty, than 50's Elvis style.

Evan and Anna's futuristic dance deserves 10's as well. That was off the chain and a perfect song (Bullet Proof) to dance to.

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3;3899552;
    I wonder if he's considering doing the show. I like him, but hope he doesn't sign up to dance.
    I think he's great and wouldn't mind seeing him at all! But how would they categorize him? Kiptyn - former Bachelor contestant? Kiptyn - businessman and charitable foundation donor? I mean, is he a "star"?

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3899589;
    Now I love Derek ...The first dance was okay, and I didn't get the second dance, because it looked more Gun Smoke with Ms. Kitty, than 50's Elvis style.
    Well, Gunsmoke ran in the '50s, so it seems appropriate.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3899606;
    I think he's great and wouldn't mind seeing him at all! But how would they categorize him? Kiptyn - former Bachelor contestant? Kiptyn - businessman and charitable foundation donor? I mean, is he a "star"?
    Kiptyn has a really strong likability factor and that could carry him on this show - along with his good looks and charm. However, based on his dancing in Spain with Jillian, he'd have to work on his dance ability to keep him in the show.

I'd love to see him with a sweetheard pro - like Chelsea - but would never want to see him with someone like Lacey.

It is interesting and curious that he has been in the audience so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3899251;
    Evan's eyebrow makeup and JerseyShore hairdo make him look a great deal like David Schwimmer.
    I thought the same thing and wondered if he hasn't already been a contestant, if David Schwimmer would be one.

+ Reply to Thread